News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr gasket copper exhaust gasket. 1 or 2 per order?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 28, 2010, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_GSKT-EXHST-COPPER-Mr--Gasket_17360408-P_3060_R%7CGRPGASKAMS_684920829___

Yanked out the exhaust maifolds again and having them shaved flat. I ordered gaskets for the manifolds but it says shipped 1.  1 kit with 2 gaskets, or just 1?  Anyone know?

Advanced Auto.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 28, 2010, 08:22:40 PM
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_GSKT-EXHST-COPPER-Mr--Gasket_17360408-P_3060_R%7CGRPGASKAMS_684920829___

Yanked out the exhaust maifolds again and having them shaved flat. I ordered gaskets for the manifolds but it says shipped 1.  1 kit with 2 gaskets, or just 1?  Anyone know?

Advanced Auto.

I would think you'd have a better shot of getting the answer by calling them at

QuoteCall us at 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623)

Then asking on a Charger forum?   :shruggy:

PS---not sure what they are charging you for shipping but Summit Racing is cheaper...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-7167/

PSS---Summit lists them as a "pair" 

:wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

What a mess with this thread. I can't correct it. I just wanted a fast answer from here.

QuoteCall us at 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623)

Then asking on a Charger forum?   :shruggy:

PS---not sure what they are charging you for shipping but Summit Racing is cheaper...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-7167/

PSS---Summit lists them as a "pair"  

:wave:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 01, 2010, 09:45:46 AM

What a mess with this thread. I can't correct it. I just wanted a fast answer from here.

Not too bad...only took 12 hours but you got an answer no?    So wheres the mess?  :popcrn:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RECHRGD

It says "exhaust gasket set", so I would assume your getting two.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 01, 2010, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 01, 2010, 09:45:46 AM

Not too bad...only took 12 hours but you got an answer no?    So wheres the mess?  :popcrn:
You're a goof ball. The way the thread came out all spaced far apart etc.   I can't correct it where I am. I
did find out to get them cut is not easy at all. No one does it so far. I decided to wire wheel them clean as I should
of from day one and use the copper gasket and high temp silicone everyone recommends.
I didn't see anything that said " set " or I wouldn't be asking.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 01, 2010, 10:11:05 AM
It says "exhaust gasket set", so I would assume your getting two.  Bob
Thanks Bob. I never saw that Duh.  :coocoo:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 01, 2010, 02:13:07 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 01, 2010, 02:08:18 PM

:coocoo:
:thumbup:
My point exactly....who's the goof ball now?  :nana:
I'm the goof ball. But I'd like to point out that it comes as a set ( which I didn't see ) was not your point. So there.   :thumbup:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Of course.  Most people say use Advance auto, so I did.  I don't have the time to save a few bucks, not worth the time and stress. What did I over pay? 5 bucks.  Well I got 3,500.00 more back to me in tax money than I expected. So there, again. :thumbup:

1969chargerrtse

I got the gasket KIT today.  It also comes with some, what looks like spring clips or lock washers?  They shipped it in a box big enough to put my dash in. :slap: