News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who still builds 1/24 model cars??

Started by doechsle, December 08, 2005, 12:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doechsle

I'm getting older and bored so I have dusted off some of my old kits and started building again.My 11 yr old boy is showing some interest also finelly. Post your pics if you have some. I have a small display at work & I'll bring my camera.

Bandit72

i'm not patient enough to finish them...i have about 10 started in my closet and i have 1 68 roadrunner actually finished
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

ramit

I just buy diecast cars it is much easier.  I too do not have the patience to finish them.

greenpigs

I have about a dozen built and around 10 still in the shrinkwrap that are going to get ebayed when I get the motovation. Some 20 years ago my grandma and I were at a garage sale and all 4 walls of his 1 car were filled with model cars from the 60's, it was sick.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BLACKWOLF

I'M 40 AND JUST STARTED BUILDING AGAIN. I HAVE BUILT A 57' 300, A POLAR LIGHTS 'RICHARD PETTY CHARGER, AND A LITTLE RED EXPRESS TRUCK IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. I SUSTAINED 2 BROKEN RIBS ON MY BIRTHDAY. SO, I BEEN DOING THESE MODELS TO STAY BUSY.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

Brock Samson

I'm just getting my gear togeather to go on a 1/24 building spree,.. a working garage shop and showroom space about 2' x 1'..http://www.internethobbies.com/internethobbies/fuj124scalca.html.
    :yesnod:
I mentioned in an earlier thread,.. I bought an Air Brush and Compressor and a really nice rotery tool,..
and,..
a 1.24 scale garage and tools, and an equal scale testors metal master DAYTONA,.. and a custom chevy Van... there's one really huge problem with the Charger though...  :sick:

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1832

the reverse fender scoops are 1/4 inch too far forward including the holes and posts!!!  :o

well it's gonna be in primer and need "buffing" anyway...

Ive been gradually increasing the size of my Working Garage vision mostly through collecting various flooring and wall materials,..
plus I've got some great MOPARS tucked away to install... they need to be displayed properly...  :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

Quotei'm not patient enough to finish 
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mustanghater

I got a ford truck that i started when I was 8 and its still not done. A 67 charger that I painted Plum Crazy but left it outside too long.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

chrisII

ive got a large glass display case in my den with around 40 buildt kits in it. some of them are 20 years old now, buildt in jr high. the most recent are 8 or so years old, just never have the time to work on them. my uyncle got me into modeling when i was like9 or 10. he buildt models constantly for 20 years or so collecting unbuildt kits of just about every ford muscle car ever. and buildt vershons of most of them in at least 3 different colors. he passed away last feb, and i was supposed to get all his models and still hope that will happen, as they were his life, but grandma and grampa are slow in letting go of them and i am verry buisy. this isnt going to be a deal where i go over with my pickup. im going to have to take at least 2 loads with my 4x8 inclosed trailer. he had at last estemate over 1000 unbuildt kits. im going to have to do some serious cleanin!

2fast4u

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

I've got a finished 70 Runner, 67 Mustang GT fastback, and 70 Boss 429.  I also got a 71 GTX that has been in progress for almost a year now  ::) plus a Daytona I just started, and several other Mopars still in the box.

The Sublime 71 Charger isn't a model kit.  It comes out of the box fully put together.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 09, 2005, 12:35:43 AM
why's the 6-pack red?..

Because that was the first thing I painted, a year and a half ago, when I didn't know they were supposed to be orange.  The instructions say it's supposed to be red. ::)  I have this Saturday off, so I'll probably start working on it again, and I'll repaint it, if I have any orange left.  I used most of my orange on the Runner.  It was originally orange before I changed my mind and painted it red.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TheGhost

Okay, I need suggestions as to what color I should paint the Daytona.  Not red, I already have a red car.  And, I don't have enough orange left to paint it that, either.  I'd like a light color.  White, or a light blue.  Maybe silver.  The stripe will be black, which is why I want a lighter color.

Brock Samson

why the hell are there charger seats in your damn cramaro?....  :-\

Chryco Psycho

I used to build a lot of them , no time now , too busy building 1:1 scale

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

98neongirl

I am 21 and when I was a little younger, I got into them because I found some older ones that my father had built, and I have been a car girl all my life. Now I am getting into them again (after selling/trading some model kits that I had and now buying new ones or replacement ones). Currently I have a '69 Charger revell kit, a built (in process of being rebuilt into Matt Delaney's '68 Charger "GTS") '68 Charger Dick Landy car, a '71 GTX (will be B5 blue w/ 440-6, and body color bumpers, engine is getting correct wiring and paint even), a '71 Hemi Cuda (being built into a "creamsicle cuda" with a black interior w/ orange seats and black billboards), and a '70 Challenger T/A kit (maybe it will be white or ???). I have some other kits as well, like tuner kits of: Honda Civics (two '00s, an SI and a hatchback, and a '93 2dr), a Ford Focus SVT, an Acura Integra, a Ford F-150 flareside, an Escalade (even has the Lambo door conversion in progress) and a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse, also with a lambo door conversion. I admit I like the sport compact cars with bodykits too, after all I do have a sleeper Neon.....No bodykit but it is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I am currently on the lookout for the following kits:

'68 Chargers, '70 Chargers (promos or kits with accurate grille and body), '71 Charger, '73 Charger, '70 Coronet or Superbee, '70 AAR Cuda, '95-'99 Neon promo cars (2drs and 4drs), '65 Chevelle (to duplicate my dad's Madeira Maroon Malibu SS that he won from a radio station here in Michigan over 10 years ago), '93-'96 Grand Prix SE or GTP (with factory ground effects: see ebay item #4595371610),

as well as the following 1/18 diecast cars:

Toyota Supra (made by Kyosho, black), Nissan 300zx (also by Kyosho, yellow, white, black, red), '65 Chevelle (Lane, Madiera Maroon only), '68 Charger (Ertl ,white, blue, black, ?) anyone have any that they want to trade or sell? I am interested in cars that are in good condition (no missing parts) and properly opening hoods, doors, and trunks (if the trunk opens).

Thanks guys!
Michelle

6pkrunner

I've built 1:24 and 1:25th scales since I was a kid. When I used to go away surveying for many months on end, I'd always take 4 or so kits and materials with me to pass the time. One can only drink so much. I've got quite a few built. I've also got about 40 kits unbuilt. I stopped going in the field in 1996 and there's no time to build then while at home.
I'll have to snap off some shots.

JimShine

I went through a phase in the 90's. My last kit was a very detailed General Lee I built around 2001. I have many 2nd gen B-body kits still kicking around. I may build some over the winter. Stuff is starting to fall apart on my older builds before I used superglues.

In that display case, the 4th car down on the left unbuilt and orange is a first run Monogram kit with the wrong roof shape. I didn't even realize it until I put it up against my other cars and already had it painted. Not sure what will happen with that car. I hate detailing things that will look wrong no matter what you do.

BigBlockSam

hey that looks real good and all mopars too

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 09, 2005, 02:06:06 AM
why the hell are there charger seats in your damn cramaro?....  :-\

Huh?  You talking about the 70 Boss 429 Mustang?  Those aren't Charger seats, those are Mustang seats.