News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eddy heads and ARP fasteners

Started by GTX, December 08, 2005, 06:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hey guys, which is recommended for bolting down Eddies, head studs or bolts?

Is it any different than cast iron?

firefighter3931

I used the ARP bolts on mine with the hardened washers. The boltheads are smaller to clear the tight spots on the E-heads. Studs are fine as well but head removal is a pain with studs with the engine in the car. If this is for a forced induction application i would definately go with studs.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

GTX

Thanks Ron,

I knew you would have the plan. This isn't for forced induction, it's for our strip car I talked to you about before...if my buddies and I can ever get going on it.

Thanks,

-Dave

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

watch the length of the ARP bolts , I heard that the block penetration is almost 1/4" less with the ArP bolts
worth checking