News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger rebuild

Started by 68pplcharger, March 11, 2010, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68pplcharger

Finally got to start rebuilding my 68 Charger on 12-26-09. I've attached some photo's of the car, before I started. This car already had half quarters put on and the body has been soda blasted and dp90 primed. This work was done before I got the car. The dp90 primer can't cover the poorly replaced trunk, from another rusted 68. Trunk was not put in correctly and needed replaced, the right way.

68pplcharger

more pics...

Skyview69

Looks like you're work is cut out for you...  :hack:

Good luck  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:

suntech

I assume you have called AMD?  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

68pplcharger

Quote from: Skyview69 on March 11, 2010, 12:01:56 PM
Looks like you're work is cut out for you...  :hack:

Good luck  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
Definitely... The worste of it is over now. the trunk is in, just need to post pics.

Quote from: suntech on March 11, 2010, 12:14:36 PM
I assume you have called AMD?  :2thumbs:

This charger will have more AMD panels than Mopar panels when I'm finished. ha ha

68pplcharger

more pics...

68pplcharger

more pics..

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

Not sure what happened on the last post?

68pplcharger

didn't download last time?

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

New pics of progress... finally

Test spray

68pplcharger

pics

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

Car will be on a rolling chassis soon.

VegasCharger

I see the roll cage, those this mean its going to be a GL '68 style?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68pplcharger

Thanks cdr...

Vegas Charger
This '68 is going to be a corner hugger. car is going to have 17" versions of the original magnum 500's pretty modified suspension as well. shoud be a  lot of fun. The next step to fabricate the rear suspension. Coil over's and three link. I'm keeping the car as factory appearing as possible on the inside, minus the roll cage at least. The roll cage tubing is hidden from site when outside the car, with the exception of the main hoop. It's prettyhard to see at least. Removable side bars when on the street, Back seat still fits as well, and sun visors still work.

VegasCharger

Awesome another Charger saved by not being a GL!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!  :cheers:

myk

Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 07, 2012, 07:53:09 AM
Thanks cdr...

Vegas Charger
This '68 is going to be a corner hugger. car is going to have 17" versions of the original magnum 500's pretty modified suspension as well. shoud be a  lot of fun. The next step to fabricate the rear suspension. Coil over's and three link. I'm keeping the car as factory appearing as possible on the inside, minus the roll cage at least. The roll cage tubing is hidden from site when outside the car, with the exception of the main hoop. It's prettyhard to see at least. Removable side bars when on the street, Back seat still fits as well, and sun visors still work.

I love the direction that you're taking with your car, especially with the cage.  Is your cage installed?  I'd love to see it.  Is it a 'fabbed cage or did you buy one?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

68pplcharger

Quote from: myk on August 08, 2012, 02:16:29 AM
Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 07, 2012, 07:53:09 AM
Thanks cdr...

Vegas Charger

I love the direction that you're taking with your car, especially with the cage.  Is your cage installed?  I'd love to see it.  Is it a 'fabbed cage or did you buy one?

Thanks,the cage is installed and I fabbed it in my garage with a tubing bender i bought online for about $500. The picture above of the roll cage is only of a small section. There is no way to get what I wanted with a pre-made kit. This cage is legal for NHRA as well.

68pplcharger

I'm glad I cleaned the primer off of the car body. the previous owner had the car soda blasted and apparently they did a horrible job or they forgot a few spots. the trunk opening was all surface rust and they just primed over it.  :flame:

Spent three days cleaning off the rust and primer.

68pplcharger

re-primed the roof etc to protect the metal after cleaning all surface rust.

68pplcharger