News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird almost ready for paint

Started by superbirdtom, March 13, 2010, 01:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

My friend  has a bird almost ready for paint. Ill try to get some pics  but the serial# is RM23VOA166238  4 speed bench seat. anyone know  of this one??

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

superbirdtom

Quote from: nascarxx29 on March 13, 2010, 10:59:23 AM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59261.0.html. From then till now havent found anything new
gee shows I have to have my head examined. I was just talking to jimmy yesterday and he asked me to come down and help him with a couple cars  and wants to do a trade for my cuda convert,NOT, and I asked him for an updates on the bird,  I want people to know  that this bird will probably get on a magazine cover somewhere . Jimmy is top notch and almost everything he does amazes people. until you see his work  you just think youve seen a straight car. so far the owner has spent 70k+ on just the body work.

obviously this bird is still unknown , it is just about ready for painting. Jimmy knows many magazine guys  so when it gets done we here will be the first to get the whole scoop on it.  One final thing  If anyone who has serious money  wants  the straightest bird on earth where all the prep work was done right  here it is.

hotrod98

Hey Tom. I'll pass. I'm satisfied owning your old bird.   
I've been sanding it to get it ready for paint. Won't be long now. ;D 
Actually, I don't think a car could get much straighter than this bird. So far it's blocking out real nice.
I removed the vinyl top moldings and the diamonds to get a nicer paint job. Kind of hard to buff them out with all of that trim on there.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

superbirdtom

when the black ice was first done it was very straight cause me an jimmy did it.  I don't remember there being an outie on the rt qtr.  maybe stuff I packed in the trunk got bumped around a little  nevertheless I am stoked to see you bring the old girl back to life.  now  when you pull up to car shows  you must leap out with guitar and fog machine blazing  with your leather and studs getup.

im still workin on the guy who has the original wheels. I think i have something he would trade for .

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on March 13, 2010, 10:55:22 PM
when the black ice was first done it was very straight cause me an jimmy did it.  I don't remember there being an outie on the rt qtr.  maybe stuff I packed in the trunk got bumped around a little  nevertheless I am stoked to see you bring the old girl back to life.  now  when you pull up to car shows  you must leap out with guitar and fog machine blazing  with your leather and studs getup.

im still workin on the guy who has the original wheels. I think i have something he would trade for .
:smilielol: :smilielol:  i cant wait to see larry in leather  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on March 13, 2010, 11:01:43 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol:  i cant wait to see larry in leather  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

If you ever see me in leather...call the police. I've been drugged and kidnapped by the village people. :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

hemi-hampton

Quote from: superbirdtom on March 13, 2010, 01:28:08 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on March 13, 2010, 10:59:23 AM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59261.0.html. From then till now havent found anything new
gee shows I have to have my head examined. I was just talking to jimmy yesterday and he asked me to come down and help him with a couple cars  and wants to do a trade for my cuda convert,NOT, and I asked him for an updates on the bird,  I want people to know  that this bird will probably get on a magazine cover somewhere . Jimmy is top notch and almost everything he does amazes people. until you see his work  you just think youve seen a straight car. so far the owner has spent 70k+ on just the body work.

obviously this bird is still unknown , it is just about ready for painting. Jimmy knows many magazine guys  so when it gets done we here will be the first to get the whole scoop on it.  One final thing  If anyone who has serious money  wants  the straightest bird on earth where all the prep work was done right  here it is.

That's it, only $70,000 to get body work straight. :scratchchin:   LEON.

moparstuart

hotrod98

Can't you buy really nice Superbirds for 70K?  ::)

Charles Addams

superbirdtom

I am of course talkig about getting the car completely dissasembling it then stripping every millimeter of paint puting new quarters and trunk and outer wheelhouses and fixing the nose and then leading everything. then skim coating entire car even the frame rails and every millimeter of the body , then blocking every millimeter so there are no warps in te body anywhere even under the carpet. Its like a riddler car type car.  This is what the owner wanted done.   Then after paint every entire millimeter will be wetsanded and polished. its the hours man.

The last black car jimmy did , the guy who does the fire on black cars saw it Can't think of the name right now  he's done black planes helicopters boats etc,and said it was the straightest car hed ever seen,  Jimmy is nuts and eccentric , who would straighten and paint wetsand and polish a floor that carpet goes over??  yes jimmy Kollman is that nutty. we all know  how many hours can go into an extreme job  and thats what this bird has turned out to be.

hotrod98

Charles Addams

472 R/T SE

Good gravy, I don't even know what you look like Larry but can't help but snicker thinking about a 54 yo jumpin' out of any thing.

There's a cow running in some pasture.

hotrod98

I would love to have a video of the Black Ice band jumping out of the fog filled Superbird at one of their concerts.
I plan to make a display to set up with the car showing some of the history of the car. I hope I can find the time to finish it before the June wingcar event. I need to find a guitar like the one in this photo for the display. Anyone have an old guitar like this for sale?  ;D

Charles Addams

Bluestar

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 17, 2010, 07:43:34 PM
I would love to have a video of the Black Ice band jumping out of the fog filled Superbird at one of their concerts.
I plan to make a display to set up with the car showing some of the history of the car. I hope I can find the time to finish it before the June wingcar event. I need to find a guitar like the one in this photo for the display. Anyone have an old guitar like this for sale?  ;D

It is hard to tell from the pic, but it looks to be an old Charvel Guitar, popular among hard rock / heavy metal bands.

Little pricey on Ebay... $1,000+

Brock Samson

look at the size of the headstock,.. old strat style...
the Charvel is the smaller size... gonna need a closer shot to be sure..  :shruggy:

Bluestar

Actually if you look closer, it appears to be a Bass (4 tuning machine heads) which have huge headstocks.  It's probably a custom painted Fender Bass.

moparstuart

ask tom , I sure he knows or may ever still have the guitar ?

learical1

Looks like a Fender Precision Bass, or one of many copies that exist out there.
Bruce

hotrod98

Tom no longer has it or I would have negotiated it into the deal somehow when I bought the bird.  ;D
Seems like he said that it was an early Gibson bass. I might be wrong. He told me to just find a cheapo pawn shop special that looks similar and throw it into the back seat. Sounds like a plan to me.

Charles Addams