News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bull's 68 Charger restoration thread

Started by bull, March 15, 2010, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

That last pic looks like your Charger is inside a prison yard, on the wrong side of the prison fence and barb wire.  

I think you're trying to tell us that it is BREAK OUT TIME!

Congrats.  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 17, 2014, 02:28:54 PM
I've been waiting for this and long time. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  

Where have you been?  :scope:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,112047.0.html

Glad to have you back! :2thumbs:  You were missed.

Needed a break. I'd been here too much and had had enough of one or two members. I'm sure they needed the break from me too. :scratchchin:

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 17, 2014, 02:32:36 PM
The Car looks great Curtis  :2thumbs:  Black 68's rule !!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :icon_smile_big:

How is the engine running ? Performance ? You happy so far ?

Ron

Yes. :2thumbs: There are some things that need to be done yet. I'm dealing with the common Mopar valve cover leak at the back of the passenger side. Going to try a pair of Moroso 93055 gaskets for that. Also my trans is leaking fluid through the original backup light switch. I have a new one of those to swap out plus a new speedo gear to install. The driver side axle seal WAS leaking. Not sure if it finally sealed or just low on gear oil. :P It really hasn't leaked a ton but I still need to check the level at least. Found out one of the rear rims I bought used is bent so eventually I'll be buying one or a pair of those. Kind of thinking about going to 10" Magnums on the back. I also need to figure out a different pinion snubber because unless I'm on a smooth surface the sucker wheel-hops like crazy when I try to do a burnout.

As for performance? Excellent! The thing really hauls and I'm enjoying the 4 speed immensely.  :2thumbs: Had one scare when I missed third once so eventually a rev limiting ECM will be on the list. Possibly a Rev-n-nator sine it would be plug and play. And I'd like to have it dyno tuned too, probably next spring if the funds allow it.

bull

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 17, 2014, 02:34:52 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 17, 2014, 02:32:36 PMbig:

Ron

I would love to hear an exhaust rumble from that Crower cammed 383.....any chance you can make a music video at the tailpipes?  :icon_smile_wink:

There's this one from when we first fired it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYMiI28KQ8c

JB400

Your car turned out great. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Enjoy the ride :drive:

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on October 17, 2014, 03:29:06 PM

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 17, 2014, 02:32:36 PM
The Car looks great Curtis  :2thumbs:  Black 68's rule !!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Yes. :2thumbs: There are some things that need to be done yet. I'm dealing with the common Mopar valve cover leak at the back of the passenger side. Going to try a pair of Moroso 93055 gaskets for that. Also my trans is leaking fluid through the original backup light switch. I have a new one of those to swap out plus a new speedo gear to install. The driver side axle seal WAS leaking. Not sure if it finally sealed or just low on gear oil. :P It really hasn't leaked a ton but I still need to check the level at least. Found out one of the rear rims I bought used is bent so eventually I'll be buying one or a pair of those. Kind of thinking about going to 10" Magnums on the back. I also need to figure out a different pinion snubber because unless I'm on a smooth surface the sucker wheel-hops like crazy when I try to do a burnout.

As for performance? Excellent! The thing really hauls and I'm enjoying the 4 speed immensely.  :2thumbs: Had one scare when I missed third once so eventually a rev limiting ECM will be on the list. Possibly a Rev-n-nator sine it would be plug and play. And I'd like to have it dyno tuned too, probably next spring if the funds allow it.

Good stuff.....glad to hear she's a strong runner.  :cheers:

Sounds like normal gremlins/bugs to work out but nothing too serious  ;)

The revnator or some type of rev limiter box is a smart idea with a 4 spd.....insurance in case of a missed shift  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brass

68blue

Dino

The car looks absolutely stellar!  I hope I wasn't one of those members...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

8WHEELER

:2thumbs: looking great Bull, now is when you get very very picky about little things for sure, after all this time you should be proud   :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: Dino on October 17, 2014, 07:45:37 PM
The car looks absolutely stellar!  I hope I wasn't one of those members...

Nope. :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 17, 2014, 08:43:26 PM
:2thumbs: looking great Bull, now is when you get very very picky about little things for sure, after all this time you should be proud   :yesnod:

Dan

Thanks Dan. Thanks to everyone here for the compliments and help. I doubt it would have gone as well without the help I got here. It's supposed to be fairly nice here tomorrow so I hope to squeeze in a drive. Gotta get it while I can.

Dino

:2thumbs:

I just reread one of your posts and see you have the same valve cover leak we all seem to get at one point.  Mine still leaks there as well after trying several gaskets.  Those Moroso gaskets are on my list.  :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

Steve P.

Hey Curtis, Good to see you on again and really love the car... This has been a long time coming, but you did it all right and should be damned proud... She looks great and sounds great and the pay-off is now here...

Congrats my friend...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Car looks great buddy, I figured you were just driving the wheels off it after working on it for so long.  Good to see you back.

VegasCharger

On my post #440  ;D
Great 68 Bull :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Welcome back :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HeavyFuel

bull

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TUFCAT

I absolutely love the looks....and even more....the SOUND! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Homerr

Looks great and sounds great!

Any chance of some in-car footage on the road with some gear change action?

bull

Quote from: Homerr on October 19, 2014, 10:24:08 PM
Looks great and sounds great!

Any chance of some in-car footage on the road with some gear change action?

Sure. I hope to make quite a few more videos. Someday I would like to get a GoPro and record some unusual angles while driving.

bakerhillpins

Car looks fantastic Curtis!  :cheers:  So pleased to see you have it completed and on the road. I bet you are having just as much fun standing back and looking at/photographing your accomplishment as you are driving it.  :2thumbs:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Shakey

Curtis - the car turned out great and looks fantastic!   :2thumbs:   :yesnod:

The photos also look great and good to hear you had the summer to enjoy the car.

All the best!   :cheers: