News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well my C500 is FINALLY getting started, but she's in the rain tonight :(

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 08, 2005, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Well I finally got THE BEST guy I could have for the body/paint in the 500...   He works for the Premier shop in town, and is VERY AGRESSIVE with work.   I will document it with photos as much as I can...   I have noted, and photographed the grease pen marks on car, and rear end...   The main thing now is some fabrication, the tailpanel had some rust, and I think I'm gonna transplant another.   I'm stressin' on one night of rain tough...   No windsheild...   I did throw my jacket over the VIN tag because I can't pull it up to clean under it, but 3-speaker dash is out in open...   Tommorow his shop will be free, and she'll be inside...  Well this car sat outside for 30 years, so I guess it'll be allright for one night... 

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_500

So your finally getting it started huh. I was just going to PM you the other day and ask if the car was going to be up for sale soon. Had a guy call me 3 days ago looking for a Project 500 for sale.

73rallye440magnum

aweosme, you need to post lots of pics or it will drive us all nuts.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

hemi68charger

WooHooo !!!!  Nothing like getting the process under way..... Hopefully you're time away from the car will be minimal.. Are you just having them paint it and you put her back together?...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jwilk01

Whatever happened to the lady that had a 500 and it was in a shop that caught on fire.  Is she still around here, that was one knowledgable chick. ;D

Later
Josh

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 09, 2005, 11:39:06 AM
Whatever happened to the lady that had a 500 and it was in a shop that caught on fire.
DO'OH!!!  Don't say that.  *Thinking:  "No fire, No fire"...

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 09, 2005, 11:33:25 AM
Are you just having them paint it and you put her back together?...
Yep, that's how I've been doing them.  I end up piecing them back together, and detailing up any overspray...  I'm gonna rent or buy a rotisserie for her, so she is minty... 

PocketThunder

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 09, 2005, 11:39:06 AM
Whatever happened to the lady that had a 500 and it was in a shop that caught on fire.   Is she still around here, that was one knowledgable chick. ;D

Later
Josh

Her name on here was MsMopar and she is in South Eastern Wisconsin.  she doesnt post on her very often...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jwilk01

Yeah thats her.  Any word on her 500, how it is coming along?

Later
Josh

Big Lebowski

"gonna rent or buy a rotisserie" Me too, Santa could bring me one of those  :angel:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger Aficionado

PocketThunder

Quote from: jwilk01 on December 09, 2005, 02:11:28 PM
Yeah thats her.   Any word on her 500, how it is coming along?

Later
Josh

dont know, havent talked to her in awhile.....  i dont have her e-mail, just IM through here...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

last time she posted she was trying to get her car underway again,.. I think the word Lawsuit was mentioned,. she had alot more problems then anticipated,. especially since the shop burned down,..  to her car...
and I thought my project was difficult!  :-\

69_500

I'll have to look around on my computer, but I think I have her email address around here somewhere.

41husk

A shop can just file bankrupcy and screw her out of the damage.  It truly is a shame I wish both of you luck with your 500s
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69_500

I thought she got the car back, but had to find another shop to redo all the work due to the fire damage?