News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wakko's GN... Prognosis?

Started by TruckDriver, July 31, 2005, 07:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I seen a nice black GN today and then I remembered Wakkos little incident with his GN. Is it in the process of repair yet or... Inquiring minds wanna know :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wakko

Nope, still sitting in my parent's driveway under a cover.  It's actually pretty pitiful.  Covered in "under car cover dust", lots of cobwebs and the battery is dead (not quite sure how THAT happened).  I had to wait till I got the new wheel and fender vents in and now I need to put the steering wheel back in it (it's currently in the Charger).  I MIGHT tow it in on Thursday to start the repair.  Sooner it gets done, sooner I take the Charger in to the body shop. 

Thanks for asking!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

mustanghater

I smell cars in barns but you'll "fix it up some day"  :icon_smile_big:

how bad is the car theirs a parts car that was in a bad rear end a few weeks ago and knowones gotten to it yet still need parts, but then I'll have to hurry because the cars change daily their
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Wakko

It's not TOO bad.  The spindle dimpled the frame, the header and bumper are toast, but the hood and passenger side fender are savable.  What hurts the most is that the A/C system was completely original and the impact destroyed the A/C hose.  The replacement ones look different and I lost a full charge of R12.   Shifter won't go into park, key won't come out of the ignition OR turn to START.  Doors and everything firewall back is fine. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

TruckDriver

Quote from: mustanghater on July 31, 2005, 10:08:14 PM
I smell cars in barns but you'll "fix it up some day" Ā  :icon_smile_big:
:smilielol:

I'm suprized the hood didn't get warped.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wakko

It needs some attention, but the fender pushed under it.  Broke the gas lift cylinder, but I have a couple NOS spares.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

mustanghater

but your still waiting for that day to come......20yrs later its coming. :icon_smile_big: I'm sorry I'm a dick!
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mefirst

Damn that sucks.. Hope you get her on the road soon..

/Tom

Drache

gotta love the rebel flag as the front lisence plate!

"You're like a Fruity Pebble, your favorite flag is rebel." - All in The Family, Korn/Limp Bizkit
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

Actually that plate is gracing my Charger.  I have another battle flag plate, but it's staying on my garage wall for now.  Gotta pic one of these to put on there instead:

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

TeeWJay426

OUCH.... that sucks, Wakko. Always liked the GNs- if I ever went to the GM side of things, it would be either a GN or a GS in my garage. What's the lowdown on what happened? It seems many here already know the story- looks like it is repairable, thankfully. Good luck and stay out of the way of wayward Oldsmobiles from now on!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Wakko

My cousin's husband died unexpectedly and we were at the funeral.  My 83 year old grandfather was in the car with me and we were leading the cars back to my cousin's house for the reception.  Light went green, I waited for the oncoming traffic to clear so I could go, and right after I entered the intersection some moron ran the stale red light and t boned me.  It happened in my work jurisdiction, so a dozen cops showed up, my entire extended family was there and my grandfather wasn't wearing his seatbelt.  Talk about mayhem. 

Believe it or not, the kid tried to make it out that it was MY fault to the insurance company but fortunately there were alot of witnesses.  Just last week he took the ticket to court and it got thrown out.  The witnesses couldn't positively ID the driver and I (that COULD!) was never subpoenad.  His insurance company already settled it, but it ticks me off that he didn't get the ticket to stick.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger_Fan

It sucks when people can't just fess up for something they did & accept the consequences like a Man.

Did his insurance pay what you feel they should have, or did they try to skate out of it too?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 01, 2005, 02:55:21 PM
It sucks when people can't just fess up for something they did & accept the consequences like a Man.

Unfortunatly, it's becoming all to common...  Everything is someone ELSEs fault.  At least, that's what the lawyers keep telling people. :eyes:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Wakko

On scene he was all apologetic, admitted fault, the usual.  It was AFTERWARDS that he turned into a 'tard.  His insurance company gave me a full thousand dollars more than mine.  The guy was pretty cool, knew what the car was, knew the condition (nearly MINT!!) and beefed up the estimate to make sure I could get the NOS parts and not second mill stuff.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

TruckDriver

That's cool! Least the guy liked cars and knew a bit about them. That doesnt happen enough.
PETE