News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So...Hemigeno

Started by Charger_Fan, December 09, 2005, 05:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

What ever became of this little winged wonder? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

I was thinking about that one myself a week or so ago!  The one found in East St. Louis - correct?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Sorry for the delay in replying - I just saw the thread this morning...

I talked with the owner of the car about 10 days ago at a local restaurant.  The car has not sold, and there have been no major inquiries or attempts to buy it recently.  They have pretty much decided to restore the car rather than flip it, which I am very glad to hear.  I've been encouraging them to do that all along, since the chance to own a Daytona doesn't come around just every day.  They bought that car right (price-wise), but there's an awful-lot of work to be done to it - as anyone who looked at the car at Columbus can attest.

They've already bought a '70 Charger for the front clip parts they'll need, and Clayton has tons of '69 parts already as he has been working on a '69 R/T for about 10 years now.

More than likely if someone came in and offered them big $$ they'd still sell the car, but I think the reality of not finding that person has set in.  That car is just too tough of a project to be commanding the kind of dollars that they have been asking thus far.  I had told them to ask half of what they did, and feel glad if they got it. 

I'm just glad there'll be another Daytona in the area...  "No officer, that wasn't me, it must have been that other guy..."   :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

That's good he's gonna keep it. I'm sure he won't regret it & who knows, when he get's it finished he could easily get that kind of money out of it, should he decide to sell.

Thanks for the update, I just got curious when I stumbled on the pics the other day. :)

69_500

Ah you mean he is going to keep it? I was seriously thinking of trying to get some money together and make him an offer. I wasn't going to be near what he was asking at the Mopar Nats or anything, but an offer.

PocketThunder

what does he want for it?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

I think he was asking $108K for it at the Mopar Nationals.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on December 10, 2005, 03:24:34 PM
I think he was asking $108K for it at the Mopar Nationals.

Yeah, it was somewhere in that range.  Even though I don't personally feel that the car is worth anything close to what they're asking, I do not believe they'd sell for very much less than that amount.  They may have determined that price by taking what some very nice Daytonas are selling for, and subtracting what it would cost THEM to restore the car, considering that they would likely do all of the body and mechanical work themselves.  If that is what they did (and I haven't specifically quizzed them, nor would they probably tell me), then the wisdom of that equation could certainly be debated.

69_500

I think that if you intended to keep a car and had money, yeah you could buy that car for $100K and restore it to excellent condition for close to what other Daytona's that have been up for sale lately have been fetching. A few 440 Daytona's I've seen lately have been advertised at $220-395K. So yeah you could restore it for less than that.

hemigeno

I finally had the chance to catch up with the owners of this V2 Daytona.  They did sell the car within the last couple of months, to Mack C. from somewhere in eastern Tennessee.  I didn't ask how much they sold it for, since that's none of my business.  I did find out that the car has been sent out to Rich Costello's shop in Arnold, MO for a complete nut/bolt restoration.  The new owner already has two other Daytonas and a host of other awesome musclecars in his collection, so he's probably not lacking for the resources it will take to put this car back together.

Someone else had mentioned to me recently that they heard this car had sold, but I was holding out hope that Clayton and his dad were going to keep it around.  Oh well...

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on December 10, 2005, 10:05:36 AM

I'm just glad there'll be another Daytona in the area...  "No officer, that wasn't me, it must have been that other guy..."   :icon_smile_big:

You know what that means then...... BUSTED! :police:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 25, 2006, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on December 10, 2005, 10:05:36 AM

You know what that means then...... BUSTED! :police:

Not me - it was my evil twin...   :angel:

69_500

Well once your Daytona is finished you can always say that it was a young gentleman named Jim not your. :)

Charger_Fan

Well, I'm glad to hear it's going to get a well deserved restoration. I agree, it would have been nice if your friend held onto it so you could be more in contact with it,  but oh well.

Thanks for the update. :icon_smile:

nascarxx29

It was xx29l9b383270 ever get restored
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

Quote from: nascarxx29 on February 01, 2015, 12:19:31 PM
It was xx29l9b383270 ever get restored

I know which St. Louis-area restoration shop the car was wheeled into almost 9 years ago, but I don't know if it was finished - or how close to completion it now is if they didn't finish it.  Haven't bumped into Clayton or his folks in a while, to be honest.  This car needed a LOT of work.  Let's just say the tin worm had not been kind.

1970gator

It was in a recent picture published on the Graveyard Carz facebook page.  No date on the pic though.

hemi-hampton

nascarxx29

My response to that junkyard picture .Was the red Daytona with whited out tail panel.I posted on FB and GYC site

PettyMower

In the pic, it appears the fender scoops are on backwards. Or is that an optical illusion?

TUFCAT

So is that the same car in a junkyard prior to the 2005 pic?  :shruggy:

nascarxx29

Scoops flipped 68 side markers slight custom