News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restored a '69 Grille for a Fellow DC Member

Started by bill440rt, March 27, 2010, 10:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6d9 charger

BILL , HERE IT IS . THE GRILL REALLY LOOKS AWSOME.  THANKS AGAIN, NOW SOME SMALL DETAIS NOW , LIGHTS  ETC.. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

6d9 charger

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

lexxman

That looks amazing. Does the 69 grille have that trim plate around the lights? If so I don't have them.

mauve66

Quote from: bill440rt on March 27, 2010, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 27, 2010, 08:49:42 PM
Nice job bro!    :cheers:

Thanks, Chris!  :bow:

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on March 27, 2010, 04:36:28 PM
Did that grille come with the headlamp bezels??  I thought only 68's had them since mine and a lot of other 69s ive seen dont

Tyler, you are correct. The bezels only came on '68's. The owner supplied them for this grille. I have them installed on my '69 grille also, I like them & feel it finishes it off.

A few "peeves" of mine. The repro hardware kits left a little to be desired. Many of the nuts & bolts are not 100% authentic or correct. Some kits were also incomplete, so I either had to raid my personal stash or re-use some of the old hardware in other areas. This was done in inconspicuous spots so they wouldn't be seen when the grille is installed in the car. Overall, they are not bad, but with the quality of repro parts nowadays they could have at least been complete.
The owner is truly a GREAT guy, he was pleased.  :cheers:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

troutstreamnm

Beautiful job on the grille restore.  What paint and colors did you use for the black parts of the grille and the argent shroud?  Thanks.
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

bill440rt

The pictures look GREAT, Pete!!!  :2thumbs:  :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The GL is really coming together. Hey, would it be too much to ask you to take my son for a ride? He would love that!!

Quote from: troutstreamnm on April 05, 2010, 05:49:30 PM
Beautiful job on the grille restore.  What paint and colors did you use for the black parts of the grille and the argent shroud?  Thanks.

Check out the first paragraph in this post:
"The silver was painted first, using Ford/Motorcraft argent silver in a spray can. It's a little lighter than the original shade, but I've used it before with great success & after seeing my grilles he also wanted his a little lighter shade. Black was then done with DupliColor Semi-Gloss black."
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

troutstreamnm

Thanks for the response....my eyes when right to the pics and I missed the text !
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

6d9 charger

Bill . Anytime he wants to go, just tell him we can't do any jumps or driving on two wheels .     :icon_smile_big: :drool5:
i will keep the updates coming . thanks again .

runningman

Bill, grille looks awesome!  I am in the middle of doing this on my 68 grille.  I had numerous broken/cracked mounting tabs and cracks in the upper corners on each side.  Those repairs came out good, now working on cleaning it up with some steel wool before priming it.  I just dropped off the grille support at the powder coaters yesterday as well.  I should have it in about three weeks.

jeryst