News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what are the loudest sounding mufflers?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, July 31, 2005, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXSpiralXX

Huh. I was thinking thrush turbos would be good. Glasspacks sound too loud ( not good with a 2 bbl 318 though... )

CFMopar

Quote from: CB on August 05, 2005, 12:18:14 PM
The American Thunder 40 Series is the most aggressive sounding street and strip muffler in Flowmaster's product line. The 40 Series will generate extreme interior resonance within the vehicle. If you want to really hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside your vehicle the 40 Series is for you.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html

Should say:
The American Thunder 40 series is the most aggressive power eater muffler in Flowbastards line. The 40 series will generate extreme interior resonance so much so that you will want to shoot yourself at idle. If you want to add .5 seconds to you 1/4 mile and be so loud that you get tickets at every corner the 40 series is for you.

;D
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

CB

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on August 05, 2005, 03:47:21 PM
Quote from: CB on August 05, 2005, 12:18:14 PM
The American Thunder 40 Series is the most aggressive sounding street and strip muffler in Flowmaster's product line. The 40 Series will generate extreme interior resonance within the vehicle. If you want to really hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside your vehicle the 40 Series is for you.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html

Should say:
The American Thunder 40 series is the most aggressive power eater muffler in Flowbastards line. The 40 series will generate extreme interior resonance so much so that you will want to shoot yourself at idle. If you want to add .5 seconds to you 1/4 mile and be so loud that you get tickets at every corner the 40 series is for you.

;D

:haha:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Duey

Flowmasters can actually do a pretty good job of making your nice wedge motor sound like a Chebbie!  :P

On a Dynomax set-up, has anyone used an Ultra-flo up front and a race bullet out back as a sort of resonator?  What would that sound like?

Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Duey on August 06, 2005, 08:22:34 AM
Flowmasters can actually do a pretty good job of making your nice wedge motor sound like a Chebbie! :P

On a Dynomax set-up, has anyone used an Ultra-flo up front and a race bullet out back as a sort of resonator? What would that sound like?

Duey
I haven't but have heard of people who have. I would tend to think it would sound the same just a little quieter. People also have used Glasspacks as resonators too.

426wedge

I used a set of Magnaflow mufflers on my 440 Cuda. It was very loud and had a really deep pitch to it. The car had an angry sound to it. Don't use without tailpipes!!!!!!
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

brian_charger74

I run Cherry Bombs on my 340. Let me tell you, it is really, really loud. Do even think about using a cellphone and at 40-45 Mph your teeth will rattle in your head. I don't really like the sound but, if you want to loud legally they are the way to go. But, the packing doesn't last too long in them and they will get a little louder with time.

CFMopar

The packing last about 20 mins :P I dont think their legal once they've worn out. I got rid of my cherry bombs cause the droning sound killed me....

myk

I have to admit that I like that "Flowmaster" tone, but I like the fact that I probably run faster with the Dynomax's even more.  It's times like this whenI have to remind myself that having a head-turning exhaust is for the ricer crowd; head-turning speed on the other hand is for folks like us...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

MTPOCKET

Red cherry bomb glass packs. Bolt right to the headers no stright pipe. :METAL:

73rallye440magnum

im currently running turbo mufflers, no tailpipes yet (project car, it hasnt been driven) ill get tailpipes, drive it for awhile, then probably put some glasspacks in coming out infront of the rear tire. im asking to get pulled over. i have stock manifolds.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

KMPX2

I run open pipes on one of my Harleys go for it.

charger72

my opinion is that you stay away from dynomax. I had them on my 72 when I did the exhaust and they blew up a day later. It looked like someone grabbed them ad twisted cause they collapsed inside. Plus they were pretty quite with the 318 and duel exhaust with h pipe. Now I have flowmasters with series 40 open chambers, and it is deffinatly loud.

CFMopar

ChgrSteve67

derailed

After reading what Ron said, I would say the Dynomaxes are the way to go and if you feel they arent loud enough you could always install some header dumps for the moments of loudness which you would probably get tired of. That way you have the best of both worlds.

CFMopar

:iagree:

Trust me loudness gets boring after a while when you cant hear the person beside you.

cudaken

You need loud mufflers, you need a engine! Something loud to me is easy picken's.

When you are nasty, people need to cock there heads a little to hear the nasty ass lop. But loud exhast is cheaper.

Headers and header mufflers and no other pipes is the way to go if you want your head to hurt and want 5 counties and cops you are coming.

Long time ago I was young and broke. My Ruuner was not stock and only had Header mufflers for exhaust, Thrush I believe. I drove her to Vothech school and all of the guys where asking about cam, carb and other stuff. One of the guy's in my class walked over and but his hands over his ear's! That is when I knew it was time for a new exhaust system. Brad was born deaf, never heard a thing in his life, but could feel the 68 Runner exhaust! Now that is loud. Not top fule loud but loud.

My self, I like quite now unless it is the Stereo.

Cuda Ken

I am back

ChgrSteve67

dd44068

I have 40 series flowmasters on my 68 charger r/t they are ok but between like 25 and 50mph they can be annoying at times

RT DAVE

Do they still make "Purple Hornies"?   I don't really want to know, just wanted to type "purple hornies".   :icon_smile_big:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Lowprofile

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 24, 2005, 12:14:34 PM
Do they still make "Purple Hornies"? I don't really want to know, just wanted to type "purple hornies". :icon_smile_big:

Talk about a Thread starting to head the wrong way! :haha: :haha: :haha: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Duey

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 24, 2005, 12:14:34 PM
Do they still make "Purple Hornies"?     I don't really want to know, just wanted to type "purple hornies".     :icon_smile_big:

Actually wasn't it TK73 that was a big fan of Purple Hornies?

Anyone ever used glass packs as a resonator after a muffler?

73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

deathcharger71

i run spintech mufflers on my car, not a lot of people know about them but they are pretty sweet. sound simialar to flowmasters but have no interior resanance...hated the flowmaster on my jeep. mine are pretty loud, cop pulled me over told me they were a little too loud but let me go with a warning. but they make a muffler thats meant to be loud with catalytic converters and if you run them without cats its supposed to be ground pounding! i almost got them but i decided to get cut outs for when i really want to piss off the neighbors  :yesnod: