News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

*POP* on acceration

Started by billschroeder5842, April 03, 2010, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

Well, I mostly have it running well. Idels smooth however I have to "feather" the gas on acceleration or I get a *pop* through the carb. Once I get to to about 2500 rpms, the motor seems okay.

I have a Eddy carb and I adjusted the rich/lean so the motor ran smooth at the highest rpm before lowering the idle to 800-900. I have the timing at about 10 at idle.

Oh, also...should the coil be hot after driving? I don't know, I never checked it before!

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

greenpigs

Have you checked to see if you have  good ground? That might get the coil hot. The pop may be bad gas. Seems people get more posts when I get involved as someone  needs to correct me.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

billschroeder5842

Well, I think I got this one...

I looked on YouTube for Eddy tuning tips and found that my accelerator pump needs to be on the highest (read most gas injection) setting and advance the timing to about 17.

Looks like it might have been starving it on fuel.

Right now it runs great, slight (very slight) hesitation but much better acceration and a much happier owner!
Texas Proud!