News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first barn find from 1997, 70 road runner

Started by moparstuart, April 10, 2010, 11:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

:icon_smile_big:   Buried under 25 years of parts collecting ,  this was my late brothers car he bought around 1976 . He passed way in 1997 and it was stored at my mothers  125 year old victorian house .
So i took a week off work and went down to help here clean out the carriage house so she could park her car inside .   It was bitter sweeet knowing the car and parts where mine , but my brother and mopar mentor was gone .  This car only has 36 k on it but the original 383 is long gone. This is the only old mopar i have that a has manual trans . Its  4 speed pistol grip car bench seat , now the car has cosole and bucket and an air grabber that are not coded to the car but i will keep them anyway . :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  It will also get a 440 six or Hemi one day .  This car has beens alway stored in doors and has been in the family a long time and will stay that way.  

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:drool5:  lots of great parts too  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

he also has a 70's  custom dodge van

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: that is my son quintin at age 6 , he is now 18

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: The cool old house ( money pit )  :D It was built by a coal baron of the town . Rich hill missouri , Rich hill being named so for the coal that was mined there and this guy owned the mines .  It had very ornate carved wood and cool tiles around all the fire places , The fire places where very small and shallow because they burned coal .   

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:  The body in no way is perfect ,  it is fairly rust free but has the usual parking lot dents and dings and its MINE  :icon_smile_big:

Its vit c with a black vinyl top and a post car with push out rear windows

moparstuart

:drool5: Out in the sun light ,  sorry no picture os the inside but it was jammed full of parts also.

I changed out the wheels for some that had tires that held air , the picture further below is what wheels where on the car for years . I had just installed the magnums

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: more parts a 70 nos left quarter panel

moparstuart

:popcrn:
doors and deck lid i used on the birdible ,  Hp 440 blocks

moparstuart

:drool5:  This hood has the corner bent really bad and all the air grabber duct stuff and goodies robbed off it . So i sold it for 500 bucks , still kicking my self .But the red air grabber hood is nice and on the car now . BTW the red car and the white car my brother also owned and parted out around 1977 .  The space with the ladder init is where i moved the road runner because it had a wierd sliding door that was a pain to open . That way mom could use the bay with the standard garage door . SO i had to clean out both bays . Thus why it took a week .

moparstuart

My brother had a ton of his belongings stored there also . So we had to sort that stuff to and see what to keep and what to toss

moparstuart

:popcrn: My dads old pedal car , very cool , had a guy tell me it was a 37 ford and another guy say it was a 39 garton ? Dont know what it is but i thinks it worth alot and i will never sell it , it's in my die cast room with my personally used 59 fire engine pedal car with wooden side ladders and a 67 GTX pedal car i bought on e-bay.

moparstuart

That was a very emotional week but looking back now on it brings back great memories

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

thats a good find ! , good pictures Stuart ! thanks for sharing :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikesbbody

Great find! beautiful house too! I'm sure your brother would be happy to know his RR will be in good hands  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Here is all the trash , or at least all the trash my hoarder mother would let me get rid of . I have the car lined up to go in its new home the other bay.

moparstuart

I never took a picture of it but behind that trash pile at the curb there is a conrete two step up, for you to get on a horse or into a carriage.  There is also post with little black lawn jockies with rings to tie up your horse .

Magnumcharger

And you've still got this Roadrunner Stuart? It must be tough knowing it was your brother's car.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

GunMetal

Thanks for the trip through your past Stuart. Interesting history lessons here, I enjoyed it very much. I too believe your brother would be proud and honored that you have continued carrying on the Mopar faith.
Non illegitimis carborundum

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 11, 2010, 09:02:21 AM
And you've still got this Roadrunner Stuart? It must be tough knowing it was your brother's car.
Not hard because i know my big brother was the reason i am a mopar fanatic and yes i still have it and i plan to restore it also as a tribute to him , he always wanted to put a hemi in it , so thats why i mentions maybe a hemi someday ? if i can afford it .

the birdible is also a tribute to him he always wanted a superbird and had one located here locally in KC .It was lime light his favorite color , but he could not get my dad to co sign on the crazy funky junk car .   :smilielol: :icon_smile_big: ? bummer i maybe would have gotten that car also .

moparstuart

:drool5:  here is his 65 belvedeer