News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coilovers and Ladderbar suspension

Started by firefighter3931, December 11, 2005, 12:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

A buddy tubbed his blown Coronet last summer and made some passes at the track. We spoke recently and he was saying that the car launches arrow straight but he's still experiencing some wheelspin. The car now has 32x16 Hoosier quick time pros so it has plenty of rubber to the ground. We suspect his rear coilovers are too stiff and the hit to the tires at launch is too hard. The strange coilovers are 200 lb rated, fwiw.

I'm familiar with ladder/coilover setups, but i've never owned one. Any idea on what type of springrate he should be looking at ?

Thanks, Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Blown70

I do not have ladder, I have a 4 link and the ones they put on were rated at 140lbs...

200 sounds high to me, meaning I do not think he is getting enough weight transfer and thus the wheel spin.

Tom

Chryco Psycho

I agree you want a softer spring , 140 sounds right

firefighter3931

Thanks Guys  :2thumbs: I'll pass the info along to my buddy.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho