News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What ever happened to the green hemi daytona that was seized by the IRS?

Started by triple_green, April 12, 2010, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

Last time I saw it was being sold for the IRS by an OK muscle car dealer for $285K??

Any one know what happened to this car?

Thanks!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

tan top

sure i saw that car up for sale on a web site , few  days back !! or it was another  :-\   :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

Saw this on that IRS Hemi daytona
17. On or about August 15, 2003, approximately one month after withdrawing $300,000.00 in cash from the Jacksons' Bank Account, Bill Jackson traveled with Phil Jackson to Wisconsin to look at the Vehicle at issue in this case (a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, Vehicle Identification Number XX29J9B383276) for possible purchase. Bill Jackson used the Jacksons' Credit Card to pay for miscellaneous expenses in connection with the trip, including a room at Howard Johnson's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on August 15, 2003.

http://www.leagle.com/unsecure/page.htm?shortname=infdco20100615b47
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

bzabodyn

I mailed in a sealed bid on it and was told before the bidding was to be closed that the gentleman and the IRS settled the lawsuit and the car was released back to him... oh well!!!

...and it actually wasn't too far below the asking price in the ad above - even so, I still don't think I would have been the high bidder because according to the agent handling it, there was, understandably, a ton of interest...

BZ

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

hotrod98

I'm still trying to figure out why they turned down $700,000. That would have been a substantial profit even after taxes and paying their son his share for selling the car. On top of that they set their asking price at $700,000 when they consigned it a short time later.

I want a Daytona but it'll have to be a non-numbers car to get it down into my price range.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 21, 2010, 06:44:46 PM
Saw this on that IRS Hemi daytona
17. On or about August 15, 2003, approximately one month after withdrawing $300,000.00 in cash from the Jacksons' Bank Account, Bill Jackson traveled with Phil Jackson to Wisconsin to look at the Vehicle at issue in this case (a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, Vehicle Identification Number XX29J9B383276) for possible purchase. Bill Jackson used the Jacksons' Credit Card to pay for miscellaneous expenses in connection with the trip, including a room at Howard Johnson's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on August 15, 2003.

http://www.leagle.com/unsecure/page.htm?shortname=infdco20100615b47
so the son was the one the IRS was after , but the mom/dead father  really owned the daytona so she got it back ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on June 23, 2010, 01:15:42 PM
so the son was the one the IRS was after , but the mom/dead father  really owned the daytona so she got it back ?

According to the legal brief, that would be correct. 

inspectorrick

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 23, 2010, 12:43:53 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why they turned down $700,000. That would have been a substantial profit even after taxes and paying their son his share for selling the car. On top of that they set their asking price at $700,000 when they consigned it a short time later.

We actually Posted the Price at Lostnthe50sclassiccars.com at $850,000 not less than $700,000, and indeed had a valid offer for it during the period is was borrowed by the IRS, from an Overseas buyer.  We hope that his interest is still strong when the Car is returned.  It should be noted that when they entered Lostnthe50s with the seizure papers, and the VIN #'s didn't match, they simply crossed them out, and wrote in the Vin of Phil's Mother's car, and seized it anyway.  While that didn't make the Judge Happy, they claimed it to be within their authority to do so, and this process of retrieving her Retirement Investment cost her in the Neighborhood of $50,000, including a $10,000 cash bond to stop the sale, and get a Court Hearing.  I guess the Judge believed them since they ruled she can't reclaim her attorney fees from the IRS, and that all parties have to pay their own costs, it was just an accident on their part.  They also stated in court that Phil drove the car down to the Museum to place it for sale, and that by that possession, must be the owner.  It was answered by "how many Little Old Ladies do you see driving a High Powered Muscle Car Around Town, and of course he drove it down there."  This should be a warning to all of us, that at any time, bad things can happen to anyone, let's just hope we have the grace and good fortune to prevail as Phylis did.     

mauve66

yeah, i liked how the VIN didn't match so they seized it anyway, court orders are very specific and can't be "hand written", yes they can seize any property that is the sons but they have to prove it is the sons and the title didn't do that. nice of the judge to let the IRS off the hook for "enforcing the law they way they wanted too" and not having to pay her attorney fees (once again the lawyers get rich and the government flunky in charge of the verdict lets the government off, way to look out for the citizen who got railroaded).  they probably need to sue the lost n 50's place for giving up the vehicle without proper documentation from the IRS and the local police who were probably there also.
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mauve66

thats the VIN in the legal describing the car purchased but the VIN on the writ from the IRS was different
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

inspectorrick

Quote from: mauve66 on July 18, 2010, 11:28:05 AM
yeah, i liked how the VIN didn't match so they seized it anyway, court orders are very specific and can't be "hand written", yes they can seize any property that is the sons but they have to prove it is the sons and the title didn't do that. nice of the judge to let the IRS off the hook for "enforcing the law they way they wanted too" and not having to pay her attorney fees (once again the lawyers get rich and the government flunky in charge of the verdict lets the government off, way to look out for the citizen who got railroaded).  they probably need to sue the lost n 50's place for giving up the vehicle without proper documentation from the IRS and the local police who were probably there also.

I am with that company, let me ask you a question, (when they came in, 11 armed agents) and originally one MHP Officer who stayed outside for a bit and left, knew that the Manager had a license to carry and showing their Glocks "asked if there was going to be a problem," Pray tell what would you do?  It seems you have never delt with the IRS in a Seizure situation, there is no refusal.  They originally told the Judge in the first hearing that he had no authority to preside over them in District Court, do you really think we could refuse to release to them?  Who would you call? Mrs Jackson knows what happened and has no problem with Lostnthe50s, and the car should be back on the showroom floor as soon as it's checked to make sure that Ventura Classics, or the IRS did no harm when they were according to one report "tunning up this perfect running car, Transporting it, or in the worst case, Test Driving it."

hemi-hampton

Once it had the wrong VIN # there probably cause or seizure should of been null & void & they (IRS) should of just turned around & walked out. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

mauve66

Quote from: inspectorrick on July 18, 2010, 08:12:58 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on July 18, 2010, 11:28:05 AM

I am with that company, let me ask you a question, (when they came in, 11 armed agents) and originally one MHP Officer who stayed outside for a bit and left, knew that the Manager had a license to carry and showing their Glocks "asked if there was going to be a problem," Pray tell what would you do?  It seems you have never delt with the IRS in a Seizure situation, there is no refusal.  They originally told the Judge in the first hearing that he had no authority to preside over them in District Court, do you really think we could refuse to release to them?  Who would you call? Mrs Jackson knows what happened and has no problem with Lostnthe50s, and the car should be back on the showroom floor as soon as it's checked to make sure that Ventura Classics, or the IRS did no harm when they were according to one report "tunning up this perfect running car, Transporting it, or in the worst case, Test Driving it."

what the hell does the manager having a license to carry have to do with anything involved in this??  its his place of business and why would they think it would be an armed standoff if they had proper documentation?????????????  even the IRS can't just take something without having proper documentation
just cause some law enforcement officer  (no matter what the jurisdiction) has a gun and says they want something doesn't matter, if the locals showed up at your house and demanded that you let them search your house cause they were looking for a $5K flat screen your neighbor said you stole and they had the serial # for the tv, would you let them in??  hell no, they have rules to go by and the rule says they need a warrant that spells out exactly what they are looking for, no more, no less, so IF you let them in and they went up to your flat screen tv and said here it is, oh wait the serial # is wrong, here lets just change it real quick............ and they ask you for the pen..............that WRIT is the exact same thing, they were looking for a vehicle with a particular VIN and it wasn't  there. sure they probably have some paperwork that says they can seize any property they find that is OWNED by the defendent but that property wasn't OWNED by him. if they said that everyone of the vehicles in your shop was owned by this guy, they could just take them, hell no they can't. so you had property you couldn't prove ownership to, which is half the definition of "stolen property"

the problem there is that you took a vehicle on consignment to sell and didn't require the proper documentation to verify who the owner really was, what if he had "borrowed" the car and then you sold it before anyone knew anything?? receiving and selling stolen property!  you can't sell something that belongs to another person without a valid power of attorney (ask any service person who has deployed) and if you had that valid power of attorney you could prove that the vehicle didn't belong to that person (besides the VIN) so they had no legal recourse to take the vehicle), but no, you had a contract signed by the son (who didn't own the vehicle) to sell the vehicle (which you couldn't prove was his or that he had the right to sell) and you had no idea how much the OWNER of the vehicle wanted out of the vehicle, so if you had sold it for $700K and the owner had wanted $1M, guess who would be in a lawsuit.

and since Mrs. Jackson is out $50K without having done anything wrong..................... through your own neglect........

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment