News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sold My GLHS Shelby Charger I have owned for 21 years now

Started by moparstuart, April 15, 2010, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

I have been trying to sell the car for a bout 6 months and My son quintin got a hit from one of his FWD Mopar boards and we sold the car.
Buyer fedex'ed a bank check right out over night and has bought the car just from pictures . Soon as the check clears he will send a transport for the car.
The car is going to stamford connecticut. Its a low miles surviver drivers condition car. Quintin and I went out tonight to my mothers house and dug it ouot of storage. . Now i have inside storage for my 69 charger WOO HOO 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:drool5: it has 45 k miles on it and driver like brand new , this little car handle like its on rails and goes like hell somemore .

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: all the shelby specific tags

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: got it all out and running ,ready to take her back home for the last time

moparstuart

:drool5:  dodge charger decal  , my local club HPAC and my TDC decals , it has a plaque signed and numbered on the dash number 536 of 1000 made in 87 

moparstuart

:drool5: everything is completely stockon this car ,no modes ever done to it . Runs like a top ,A/C doesnt work and the radio has those hard buttons like all of them from that ERA .

Has a few parking lot dings her and there , Has a few paint chips and issues but over all a nice driver survivor . The hood has a nice bump and a great view . The turbo is intercooled and  just screams on this baby throws you back in the seat when it kicks in.

A383Wing

I like that dash cluster...looks like it would be a bolt in for my 88 Shadow....

Might have to find one and see

I just sold my 66 Dart convertible that we owned since 1990....was kinda hard to see it drive off

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on April 15, 2010, 09:24:35 PM
I like that dash cluster...looks like it would be a bolt in for my 88 Shadow....

I just sold my 66 Dart convertible that we owned since 1990....was kinda hard to see it drive off

if you look the speedo goes to 125 but that part is a decal  LOL , Kinda cheap like a road runner .
I sure it hasnt hit me yet the loss of this car, when it gets loaded on the transport i'm sure it wwill be like loosing a part of the family . But i just  dont get a chance to drive it and need the funds in this economy to restore the other projects i have.

moparstuart

:drool5: got it home and cleaned out 20 years of paper work and stuff . Then took it up for some premium gas .

moparstuart

:drool5:one less charger but we still have three

moparstuart

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on April 15, 2010, 09:29:08 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on April 15, 2010, 09:24:35 PM

if you look the speedo goes to 125 but that part is a decal  LOL , Kinda cheap like a road runner .
I sure it hasnt hit me yet the loss of this car, when it gets loaded on the transport i'm sure it wwill be like loosing a part of the family . But i just  dont get a chance to drive it and need the funds in this economy to restore the other projects i have.

My speedo in the Shadow only goes to 85....like the stoopid little car can go that fast.

The Dart being gone hit us about a day later after it left....and like you, we never drove the Dart anymore...it had to go to fund other items...like maybe my back surgery.....or funeral plot in case surgery fails

66chargerkid

Find an 89 turbo shadow cluster. I believe they go to 125.
However if your car is tach-less, you will have a lot of work to get the factory tach going.
Q

A383Wing

Quote from: 66chargerkid on April 15, 2010, 10:40:06 PM
However if your car is tach-less, you will have a lot of work to get the factory tach going.
Q

Q....my Shadow has factory tach in dash cluster...the only gauge missing is oil pressure...has "idiot light" for that

Bryan

moparmoynihan

Awesome!! I saw that car for sale on the turbo dodge forum. I have my red Shelby Daytona T-top on there for sale as well. I'm actually looking for a Glhs Charger or Omni. I have to have one, its just one of them things. Small world, really nice unmolested car!
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

66chargerkid

Quote from: A383Wing on April 15, 2010, 10:44:10 PM
Quote from: 66chargerkid on April 15, 2010, 10:40:06 PM
Q

Q....my Shadow has factory tach in dash cluster...the only gauge missing is oil pressure...has "idiot light" for that

Bryan

Then a later turbo one will be a bolt in swap!
Q

66chargerkid

Quote from: moparmoynihan on April 15, 2010, 11:25:33 PM
Awesome!! I saw that car for sale on the turbo dodge forum. I have my red Shelby Daytona T-top on there for sale as well. I'm actually looking for a Glhs Charger or Omni. I have to have one, its just one of them things. Small world, really nice unmolested car!
Is yours the one with the bad turbo?

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on April 15, 2010, 09:11:44 PM
:drool5: it has 45 k miles on it and driver like brand new , this little car handle like its on rails and goes like hell somemore .

:coolgleamA:  cant be many like that left so original Stuart
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

I work in Stamford all the time, I'll have to keep a look out for it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

Quote from: tan top on April 16, 2010, 02:43:27 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 15, 2010, 09:11:44 PM

:coolgleamA:  cant be many like that left so original Stuart
yes i have always kept it garaged and last night cleaning it out realized the spare well is spotless and the spare has never been on the car .

PocketThunder

That is a sweet ride.  Which project car of yours will get the proceeds?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 16, 2010, 08:36:31 AM
That is a sweet ride.  Which project car of yours will get the proceeds?
cuda ken's old ride would be my guess , but in this economy i think i will hang on to the cash alittle while for peace of mind .   

DC_1