News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 R/T HOOD???

Started by Bandit72, December 11, 2005, 11:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

i have found a base line 68 dodge charger in the area that is for sale, for what i feel is a very good price. But the guy i'm buying it from claims it has a very rare 68 R/T hood?!?!? i didn't think there was anything special about the R/T hoods in 68....someone correct me if i'm wrong please..
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

greenpigs

Nope your right, they are the same. the guy is trying to gouge the buyer.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Blown70

Not that I am aware of and I have seen many R/T and plain or Non R/T cars.

Maybe a Chevy guy told him that..... ;D

TOM

bull

He's trying to blow smoke up your tailpipe. Or he's a clueless Chevy guy. :rotz:

greenpigs

2nd gen chargers hoods are the same(Daytonas are different) regardless of the motor they cover. I can see if you wonder since 3rd gens have the bulge and some have an air grabber as well. The only thing is a 70 hood might have is some callouts on it, like 440 or HEMI, which are just graphics on a regular hood.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bandit72

Quote from: bull on December 11, 2005, 11:49:29 PM
He's trying to blow smoke up your tailpipe. Or he's a clueless Chevy guy. :rotz:

actually this guy has a garage full of pre 63 dodge darts...i have no idea where he came up with "the special hood theory"
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

greenpigs

Quotei have no idea where he came up with "the special hood theory"

His ass
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

8WHEELER

Quote from: greenpigs on December 11, 2005, 11:52:32 PM
2nd gen chargers hoods are the same(Daytonas are different) regardless of the motor they cover. I can see if you wonder since 3rd gens have the bulge and some have an air grabber as well. The only thing is a 70 hood might have is some callouts on it, like 440 or HEMI, which are just graphics on a regular hood.

68 & 69 Are the same, 70 charger hoods are very different, they come to a flat point at the
front of the hood where it meets to the front rap around bumper.. Also the hood turn signals
are about twice as big.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Troy

Could he possibly be talking about the hood mounted turn signals? Maybe he thinks the performance cars got the signals (or didn't get them). The hoods are the same though. Tell him he can keep the "rare" hood if he drops the price in half and then go buy a regular one. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

special r/t hood lol post some pics
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

You mean to say this 1 of 1 R/T hood I had on my old Charger is a fake? Wait until the new owner finds out....  :icon_smile_big:
In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

jmanscharger

Ask him if he took the hood off an RT and put it on his car? My 68 RT has a 69 hood and I want it back :icon_smile_big:  Some might say the original sheetmetal would be more valuable. In the long run it is Probably best to negotiate without telling him he is wrong if you want to buy the car.   

Tell him about a local dealer that has a rare 68 1/2 RT. He knows it is a 68 1/2 because it has 69 taillights.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

TruckDriver

Quote from: greenpigs on December 11, 2005, 11:52:32 PM

That is what I was thinking. He was thinking a 3rd generation hood.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

2fast4u

Maybe he's confused with the '68 Coronet R/T.   It's hood was different!    :shruggy:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

tipopiola

Ask him if he's got any hemi windshield wipers. :rotz:  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

2fast4u

:haha:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!