News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are the attachment points on 69 tailpanel?

Started by timinator, December 12, 2005, 12:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I'm getting ready to remove and replace the tailpanel on my 69 Charger. I have a complete one from the salvage yard but it's still attached to the last 6 inches of the quarters and trunk floor, etc. How do I remove the one currently on my car as a whole unit, i.e. where are the attachement points?

Troy

It's spotwelded all the way around the perimeter. I'd say they are spaced about 1.5-2" apart. It is attached to the rear valence along the "lip" that runs behind the bumper area and on the sides behind where the quarter extensions go. I used to have a good pic of one that was removed but it's probably on the other computer.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

moparsons

Troy

Quote from: moparsons on April 08, 2006, 06:17:22 AM
What size bit is good to drill those out?
Use a spotweld cutter. You can find them at most autobody stores.

Troy

69hemi

Make some reference marks from measurable points on the car and your original tail light panel.  Measure and make corresponding marks on the new panel then you Have some pretty good points to match up when you go back together.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

moparsons

Quote from: 69hemi on April 08, 2006, 03:51:27 PM
Make some reference marks from measurable points on the car and your original tail light panel.  Measure and make corresponding marks on the new panel then you Have some pretty good points to match up when you go back together.

The tail panel is going to someone else, but thanks, I'll pass on the info to him!

grek

Does anyone think a company will ever reproduce rear tailight panels for 68 through 70 Chargers.  The price on tailight panels is crazy.  I got a quote from Stephens Performance, $850.00  Keep in mind, they repair it and prime which drives the cost up however it's ridiculious  It really upsets me to see other companies cater to Chevy and Ford and make so many different sheet metal parts.  Why don't they make fenders for us or even full quarter panels.  Is it because mother mopar needs to get a piece of the pie, supply and demand, etc?  Arrrrrgh!

Grek