News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger R/T Distributor Suggestions

Started by 1968Coronet500, April 29, 2010, 12:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968Coronet500

Can any suggest a "made in America", HEI Distributor for a 440 Motor?  Someone mentioned Petronix; I want to eliminat the Ballast Resistor/Control Module combination.  I not racing the car; I want something that can basically dropped in without a lot of tinkering.

I bought a really nice looking piece of garbage and have had nothing but problems with it since the car was restored.   Thanks

1968Coronet500

Can any suggest a "made in America", HEI Distributor for a 440 Motor?  Someone mentioned Petronix; I want to eliminat the Ballast Resistor/Control Module combination.  I'm not racing the car, I would like something streetable with little or no tinkering once it's installed.

I bought a really nice looking piece of garbage and have had nothing but problems with it since the car was restored.   Thanks

mauve66

Quote from: 1968Coronet500 on April 29, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
Can any suggest a "made in America", HEI Distributor for a 440 Motor?  Someone mentioned Petronix; I want to eliminat the Ballast Resistor/Control Module combination.  I'm not racing the car, I would like something streetable with little or no tinkering once it's installed.

would that happen to be a mopar performance conversion??  if so the reluctor is probably out of phase with the shaft, happened alot years ago

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

An MSD will eliminate the ballast and ecu.

Ghoste

Going to a Pertronix just puts an electronic module inside a stock distributor which presents other problems.  Have you considered a hidden MSD unit?