News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where the hamburger was invented. Update...

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 29, 2010, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I've been meaning to post this for years.  Every once and a while I wait in line at louis' Lunch in New Haven Ct.  This my friend is where the Hamburger was created ( so they say ). No ketchup allowed.  2 pieces of bread over a fresh hamburger meat. They cook sideways in these original and old propane gas cookers.  2 cheese burgers with the works ( tomato and onion ) was todays lunch. 10.00
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Black Charger

Looks delicious! If I am ever in New Haven, I will definitely have to stop in there.

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

69 OUR/TEA

chargergirl

Wish I knew about this when I was in CT twice this past year!
Trust your Woobie!

RD

and i always thought it was created in Hamburg, Germany.  The riders of horses used to put beef in between their saddle and their horse, surrounded by wrapping, and rode into Hamburg.  This tenderized the meat by the time they got into the town.  From their they would cook it.

or we are both wrong :D hehehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

I'm not eating a burger without ketchup. No way, no how.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Khyron

Quote from: RD on April 29, 2010, 07:46:48 PM
and i always thought it was created in Hamburg, Germany.  The riders of horses used to put beef in between their saddle and their horse, surrounded by wrapping, and rode into Hamburg.  This tenderized the meat by the time they got into the town.  From their they would cook it.

or we are both wrong :D hehehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

thats freaking gross!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on April 29, 2010, 09:32:25 PM
I'm not eating a burger without ketchup. No way, no how.
When I was eating those slices of heaven, ketchup was the last thing on my mind. :angel:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Lee

Go up to Meriden, it is not far away, to Ted's for an old school steamed burger.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Lee on April 30, 2010, 09:45:38 PM
Go up to Meriden, it is not far away, to Ted's for an old school steamed burger.
Meriden is just 30 mins from me, I go to the mall every once and a while.  Someone just asked me yesterday if I ever had a steamed burger?  Thanks.  I'll look the place up.  :drool5:

1969chargerrtse

Went on the net to see if the hours were listed so I could stuff a couple more " Cheesburgers with the works " and found out they have a nice site, and You tube video.

http://www.louislunch.com/

http://www.louislunch.com/news.html

Brock Lee

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 01, 2010, 05:58:59 AM
Meriden is just 30 mins from me, I go to the mall every once and a while.

When I was younger, that was my favorite Mall in the area. Danbury had the huge one, but that was almost too much. The Meriden Mall had all the stuff I liked in a manageable size.

chargergirl

Danbury, CT mall was created on the old fairgrounds. Went there when visiting relatives. We have a great burger place in Milton, FL just off the interstate. Little hole in the wall. Called the Oval Office they make an amazing burger with sauteed onions. Man was it good! Wasn't even hungry for the rest of the day!
Trust your Woobie!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargergirl on May 05, 2010, 09:41:47 PM
Danbury, CT mall was created on the old fairgrounds. Went there when visiting relatives. We have a great burger place in Milton, FL just off the interstate. Little hole in the wall. Called the Oval Office they make an amazing burger with sauteed onions. Man was it good! Wasn't even hungry for the rest of the day!
I used to go to the Danbury Mall back in those fair ground days ( and service escalators there now ). If you go to the eating area there are huge pictures of the old fair grounds hanging along the walls going to the rest rooms.

68pplcharger

Wikipedia has some interesting facts. The first printed menu wins I would say, Delmonico's 1826 in New York. Hard to say where it frist originated, doesn't matter they are freakin great. :cheers:

my73charger

I have seen this placed featured on the Food Network show Triple D - Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.  :2thumbs:

chargergirl

Quote from: my73charger on May 12, 2010, 12:29:13 PM
I have seen this placed featured on the Food Network show Triple D - Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.  :2thumbs:
I love that show. So much stuff you can make on there that's simple and good!
Trust your Woobie!

TK73

Quote from: my73charger on May 12, 2010, 12:29:13 PM

Saw that too... very cool
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!