News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned by 'spammers'?

Started by 69bronzeT5, May 06, 2010, 11:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Steve (cooperman) contacted me on Facebook saying he was apperentley 'banned' and this message came up (pictured). Any idea what's going on? He can't get on the forum.....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cooperman

All fixed... Thanks Cody!

I just cleared my 'cookies' folder and here I am.

I was out in the wilderness with no DC.com for a moment there!  :o
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

69bronzeT5

It's still weird about the 'Spammers' message though....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Any time that message about Spammers comes up it is likely because the IP address has been used by a spammer in the past. This is not fool proof as some spammers use hijacked computers on connections that aren't static (dial-up, some cable, etc.) so someone who is not a spammer may end up with that IP address later on.

The only other possibility would be a banned email address but that's rare - unless it's another spammer.

Anyone using a proxy service will probably get a similar message.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Cooperman

The cookie-clearing didn't last too long. It kicked me off again and now clearing them doesn't work.
I'm certainly not a spammer, but my employees use my computer, so I have no idea what they might have picked up on their net travels  :brickwall:

Troy, as super admin computer whizz guy, do you have any idea how I can overcome this? I've tried a complete delete of browser history/temporary internet files/cookies  etc, but nothing works. Is my IP address 'scarred' forever? Anything at all I can do?

Cheers. I miss DC.com!  :-\
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Beer

I was in Singapore while they were building my drilling rig, I was banned from LS2.com I contacted the owner via a another forum he was on and asked what was up, and told him I was in Singapore, and I was banned.  He said that they pretty much banned anything from Singpore, and then set me up my permissions so my IP range was allowed back in.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

twodko

Cooperman,

If you have an anti-virus program, Norton McAfee etc, look at Webroot too. McAfee sucked for me but a lot of people swear by it. Webroot works very well IMO and catches hell all nasty stuff. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Cooperman

Thanks Tom. I use AVG and that's what flagged up this episode. I think I really should look into getting a good quality anti-virus software package.

I did a system restore and that has solved all my current problems. Guess I need to be careful where I visit in Netland...  :scratchchin:

twodko

I'm glad your system is back up and happy. The nasty stuff out there has become so pervasive its hard to avoid even when very careful. Cheers!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!