News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHEEL SPACERS

Started by oldschool, May 20, 2010, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool

has anybody used wheel spacers on the front ? i put the 11.75" rotors and wilwood calipers on my 70 cuda.it has 15" rallye wheels. i have the same setup on my chargers,but with 15" magnum 500,s.

on the cuda,the wheel hits the caliper.i filed the caliper alittle,but it still hits.i think a 1/2 spacer would space it out enough to clear.is it ok to use spacers on the front wheels? any other options? thanks.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

68blue

Long Island RT

I had the same issue with willwood 12.9 discs and superlite calipers.  I squeezed them behind 15" steelies with 3/8" spacers from here:
http://www.ezaccessory.com/

Be carefull with a 1/2 spacer as your lug nuts might not be long enough.
Also - if your running a steel wheel on willwood aluminum hub they recommend having a spacer installed as well.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Purple68

I had to use the 1/2" spacers that came with my Aerospace disc brake kit. The kit came with 3" studs so I just cut them to the right length for use with the spacers. No problems.