News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Started by CDN72SE, May 26, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

Sorry about this set-back.  I hope you can recover the car and continue with someone else where the other shop left off.  It looks like it will be a beautiful car when finished.  The work so far is impressive.  Good luck.

CDN72SE

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 09, 2017, 05:43:23 PM
Quote from: tan top on March 09, 2017, 04:27:10 PM
:coolgleamA: looking good  :2thumbs: :popcrn:

It is or was, but you guys are missing the fact that he just got screwed !!  :-\

Thanks, no harm, was thinking the same thing but I'll take any positivity at this point.
I've become one of these guys who may lose it if I don't get my hood hinge bolts back... even if I have a second set, lol.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on March 10, 2017, 10:44:01 AM
Sorry about this set-back.  I hope you can recover the car and continue with someone else where the other shop left off.  It looks like it will be a beautiful car when finished.  The work so far is impressive.  Good luck.

Thanks FK5 and love the color of your car.
1972 Charger SE

brad mcintyre

hope sat went well and you got all your parts

CDN72SE

Thanks Brad, got my car, all the parts and didn't look back.

1972 Charger SE

TPR

Quote from: CDN72SE on March 12, 2017, 06:41:57 PM

Good to hear. That could have been a complete disaster.
Hope you find a new shop soon.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

brad mcintyre

the work they done looks like he was a good body man.

CDN72SE

Quote from: TPR on March 13, 2017, 03:54:54 AM
Quote from: CDN72SE on March 12, 2017, 06:41:57 PM

Good to hear. That could have been a complete disaster.
Hope you find a new shop soon.
TPR

Thanks TPR, yeah I had to calm my wife down and try and keep her cool, she wanted to kill the guy. At the moment I just wanted to get all my stuff back and then later take some kind of action. The bailiff said the situation could have been a lot worse. He was actually telling me he will have a new shop and ready to go on May 1st, so I could bring my car back... incredible.

I actually got it towed about an hour away to the shop I really wanted to take the car too in the first place. These guys I have full confidence in.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: brad mcintyre on March 13, 2017, 06:45:25 AM
the work they done looks like he was a good body man.

I have to say the body guy was a real stand-up guy and did a nice job and actually cared about my car.
The new shop was saying how nice my car is and that it will only need minimal work to get it ready for eventual paint.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Getting mounted on the rotisserie:

1972 Charger SE

Scaregrabber

Ugly experience but the bodywork looks good and no parts missing. It shouldn't take that long now I wouldn't think.

Sheldon

Kern Dog

"I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions guys/gals."

I like women that need a big bra.
I like cars that need at last 89 octane to run right.
I like a car that handles well without riding like a lowered mini truck.
Never marry any woman that has cheated on you, is or was a stripper, has had more than 2 abortions or was once a man.
I like Mexican food, Chinese food and all sorts of American food. I have never had a Vegemite sandwich.

:2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 20, 2017, 11:16:45 PM
Ugly experience but the bodywork looks good and no parts missing. It shouldn't take that long now I wouldn't think.

Sheldon

The shop is busy and I kind of did just "show up" with the car so its nice that they are accommodating me, they said it should be in high build primer by the end of the week.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 21, 2017, 12:16:11 AM

Never marry any woman that has cheated on you, is or was a stripper, has had more than 2 abortions or was once a man.
I like Mexican food, Chinese food and all sorts of American food. I have never had a Vegemite sandwich.

KD I always enjoy reading what you have to say but I'm a bit confused, lol.
1972 Charger SE

timmycharger

Quote from: CDN72SE on March 21, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

I think he just wants everyone to know that he enjoys the company of larger women, that's cool  :2thumbs:  :nana:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

lukedukem

Quote from: timmycharger on March 21, 2017, 09:22:31 AM
Quote from: CDN72SE on March 21, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

I think he just wants everyone to know that he enjoys the company of larger women, that's cool  :2thumbs:  :nana:

I think its more the fact that this was posted "I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions guys/gals." And since it wasn't clear on what to comment on, he just posted random comments.  :smilielol:

For the record, i too have never had a Vegemite sandwich.  :scratchchin:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

CDN72SE

Ok that was quick-witted, forgot I had made that comment back in 2010, lol.

Thanks Luke and thanks Kern, now I know a bit more about you.  :cheers:

Yeah no thanks to the Vegemite.
1972 Charger SE

Kern Dog

Hey, If I get an open request for comments, It is  fair game.   :eek2:

darbgnik

This one got my attention. I get the first 2 in this sentence, but would like a full thought process on the third. lol
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

tan top

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 09, 2017, 05:43:23 PM
Quote from: tan top on March 09, 2017, 04:27:10 PM
:coolgleamA: looking good  :2thumbs: :popcrn:

It is or was, but you guys are missing the fact that he just got screwed !!  :-\

yikes , missed that   :cheers: :slap:

yeah bummer  :brickwall:  I scrolled past that  post by mistake !! , I keep missing posts now & again  :icon_smile_blackeye:      sorry CDN72SE ,  no offence meant  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: CDN72SE on March 21, 2017, 08:53:38 AM
Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 20, 2017, 11:16:45 PM

Sheldon

The shop is busy and I kind of did just "show up" with the car so its nice that they are accommodating me, they said it should be in high build primer by the end of the week.

:2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CDN72SE

Certainly no offence taken Tan Top. :cheers:
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 21, 2017, 01:08:26 PM
Hey, If I get an open request for comments, It is  fair game.   :eek2:

Well played Kern Dog. Glad you stopped by for a visit.  ;D
1972 Charger SE

Kern Dog

Quote from: darbgnik on March 21, 2017, 01:54:38 PM

I like women that need a big bra. This is because I like big boobies.
I like cars that need at last 89 octane to run right. Cars with higher compression make more power, more compression requires more octane.
I like a car that handles well without riding like a lowered mini truck. Some cars built to handle well are stiffly sprung. Lowered mini trucks from the 80s often rode on the bumpstops which results in a very bouncy ride.
Never marry any woman that has cheated on you, is or was a stripper, has had more than 2 abortions or was once a man. I have no direct experience with these. Just opinions.
I like Mexican food, Chinese food and all sorts of American food. I have never had a Vegemite sandwich. Never tried Thai, Russian, Indian or French food either. No interest in those nor German. The father in Law is from Iraq so I have tried several Middle eastern dishes. It has been hit and miss with that stuff.

This one got my attention. I get the first 2 in this sentence, but would like a full thought process on the third. lol

CDN72SE

Turning my attention to the gauge cluster, my original had the clock and cut-out for some 80's cassette deck I had in there.

Installed a new tachometer from Charger Specialties in place of the clock, also changed the lens to one without the hole for the clock thingy.

Next I used a silver craft paint pen to go around the edges to make things look better.

Used some SEM Trim Black to spray the dash frame.

Also went over the surrounding and the Charger SE emblem with the same pen.

Since I had the pen out I did the dash vent as well.

1972 Charger SE