News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Willie Robinson Daytona Chargers in 1:18 die cast

Started by SuperJim, May 27, 2010, 08:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperJim

Hello Mopar Guys & Gals...

I was told this was the place to visit, and share what is finally being made. I'm one of the owners of Supercar Collectibles, and we do 1:18 die cast full time. Have for the last 13 years or so. It's work, but it's fun work, and maybe some of you already do business with us. If so we thank you!

My partner has been working with Big Willie Robinson - to get some 1:18 scale cars made of the Hemi Orange King Daytona, Bright Green Queen Daytona, and the Light Yellow Duke & Dutches car. We've seen photo's of Willie's and Tomika's cars almost stock, to heavily modified, white stripes/wings. black stripes/wings, tear drop hoods, Torque Thrust wheels, the American wheel ad (only on for that shoot?) and the list goes on. We simply picked some photo's, and set up to do what we could. These won't be available until later this year (2010) as several new molds are being created - so we can get the 1:18 versions to be a good representation of these very famous cars. Something Willie will be proud of.

These will be a limited edition not available in any mass market or chain stores. We are making 1,000 Kings, 752 Queens, and 600 Dukes, and are now taking reservations (we call them pre-orders). No credit cards are charged until the items actually ship, and to help you decide sooner than later we do offer FREE shipping (to US48) on those orders placed in advance. There is also a little better price if you do order all 3 cars (to be shipped at the same time). If these do interest you, below is a link to our web site, then just click on the Big Willie's car photo. It's easy to register on our site to order online, or we're here at 763/425-6020 Mon-Thur 7am-5pm CT, Friday 7am-Noon CT (Mn).

Constructive comments welcomed, and thanks for the read.

http://www.supercar1.com/index.php
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.

Ghoste

Very cool!  I've ordered many diecasts from you folks and have never been disatisfied ever so I look forward to adding these three to the collection.  I have no idea where the Hell I'll put them but that isn't your problem. ;D

Now if you would just make that 69 Charger instrument panel model you folks have alluded to in the past everything would be perfect.  :icon_smile_wink:

nascarxx29

Very cool are they getting Big Willie to sign it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

UFO

Being a repeat customer from you I have my pre-order already in place.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SuperJim

The comments and pre-orders are much appreciated, as the early orders truly helps us determine we're doing the right cars. We just announced these a few weeks ago so don't have a ton of orders yet, so could use as much help as possible "speading the word". If anyone belongs to other forums feel free to mention these cars. Thanks in advance.

QuoteVery cool are they getting Big Willie to sign it
Right now we are not offering autographed replica's, as wer'e not sure if he can take the real time it take (if we shipped him cars, to unbox & rebox to get the signature ON the car, then ship back to us), or if he would want to make a trip to us here in MN for a few days. Either way adds some real expense to get them autographed. I won't say no, but can't say yes yet.

Thanks again for the comments and reservations.
Jim

nascarxx29

Just a thought when I got a mopar nats daytona.It came with a window sticker and letter of authenicity and related background bio

SFRT

you guys ever do special order limited runs? if, for example I wanted 100 units of my car done.......
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SuperJim

QuoteJust a thought when I got a mopar nats daytona. It came with a window sticker and letter of authenicity and related background bio
These cars will come in special packaging - telliing some of the history of Big Willie, Tomika, and the cars.

Quoteyou guys ever do special order limited runs? if, for example I wanted 100 units of my car done.......
The manufacturers usually require a run of 2500 cars made. That's why we are doing 3 cars, to get up to the minimum made requirement.

I do have some contacts though. What car would you want 100 made - post a photo?
Jim

41husk

I plan on orxdering the set, just got to think about it during working hours :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SFRT

nothing too exciting...theres a few details that would be diffferent  from a stock R/T....

Always Drive Responsibly

nascarxx29

:Twocents: I think this car would be nice for a diorama street racing scene. I tried to create the creative industries daytonas on car carrier.If I get my friend will lend me his street racer jacket and get some one to make a little jacket for a bendable action figure size. My BW daytona will have a driver :icon_smile_big:

rav440

SUPER JIM , any idea when or if ever the 1:18 73-74 road runner will be produced ?

thanks RANDY
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

41husk

I need these like I need a hole in the head but I just ordered the 3 car set.  They will look good in the mopad!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

472 R/T SE

Hey Jim.  Great idea for the Willie cars.  Now's not a good time for me to be spending any extra $$ but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Question for ya'.  You may remember this photo, y'all used it initially for the release of the purple '70 Charger R/T hemi diecast.  My Dad thinks my car was used for the inspiration.  I'm not gonna tell him different.

Anyhoots could I get a set of torq thrust wheels & tires separate to more distinguish my diecast?  I looked on your site & couldn't find anything.  You'll be using them for the Willie cars & I seen them on some Camaros'.

Thanks for your time.

SuperJim

QuoteSUPER JIM , any idea when or if ever the 1:18 73-74 road runner will be produced ?

thanks RANDY
Randy - we do usually here a few rumors about new molds/parts being made, but nothing on 73-74 runners at this time. If we do hear anything we list any/all new cars we would handle (and these we would handle) and put them on our site a soon as we know for sure. Just nothing yet.
Jim

SuperJim

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 09, 2010, 02:26:50 PM
Hey Jim.  Great idea for the Willie cars.  Now's not a good time for me to be spending any extra $$ but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Question for ya'.  You may remember this photo, y'all used it initially for the release of the purple '70 Charger R/T hemi diecast.  My Dad thinks my car was used for the inspiration.  I'm not gonna tell him different.

Anyhoots could I get a set of torq thrust wheels & tires separate to more distinguish my diecast?  I looked on your site & couldn't find anything.  You'll be using them for the Willie cars & I seen them on some Camaros'.

Thanks for your time.

I do remember that photo (nice car). As far as wheels & tires we do list some in the Display Cases/Books/Parts/Kits category in our 1:18 showroom. The TT's now listed are like on our '65 Plymouth Altered Wheelbase 1:18 cars we are having made, so may not really be what you are looking for. The TT's you've seen on Camaro's etc were never made seperately - only came on cars. But let me go out in the warehouse a moment......... I do have a damaged '69 Yenko Camaro with TT's and street tires on them. The Camaro is made by Hwy 61 and your Charger was made by Ertl. It's like trying to put a 4 3/4 bolt pattern wheel on a 4 1/2 bolt pattern car. It may take some work, some modeling skills, or just glue them on and won't roll anymore? But I can supply you with a set. Say $10 for the wheels/tires plus $6 postage? Call me at 763/425-6020 Mon-Fri days if you want them.
Jim

SuperJim

It's been a while but do have an update on these 3 Big Willie cars. Last week we received what they call a "1st shot" car. It's not painted, but has the "new mold/parts" on it. A new cross ram intake, 2 fours, plug wires, headers, wheels and slicks. They made the wheels wrong, so Scott is sending off new photo's and asking for the correction. It may be a while before we get painted samples as the factory will want to do the wheel correction first. It's just a waiting game we here have grown used to...

More information will be posted as we get it.

Pre-orders (reservations) do get free shipping to US48 if order is place before the cars arrive. No c-cards charged until they ship.

Thanks for the read, and the orders.
Jim

WINGR

Hi Jim, very excited for the release of the Big Willie Daytona's. I'm sure the quality will be superb.

I wanted to ask you if you have any plans on doing an updated better quality 1969 Dodge Charger 500 diecast. I know there are a few out there but they do not compare to the quality of the newer Charger R/T's you guys are now doing? Of course I would prefer to see one with 440 Magnum/4speed F8 Green with a white stripe and green interior but it would just be cool to have a nice 1:18 that would compare with the Danbury Mint 1:24 car.

Thanks Jim, keep up the great work.

WINGR/Steve

SuperJim

QuoteI wanted to ask you if you have any plans on doing an updated better quality 1969 Dodge Charger 500 diecast.
Sorry for not answering earlier. I just don't know how we can keep so busy doing othet "stuff" but it's always something. On the 500 I have to say not at this time. The newer Authentic mold regular 1968-69-70 Chargers are SO nice, and I agree the 500 deserves to be made again, with the upgrades. I'll place a bug in AutoWorlds ear, and maybe it will help.

NOTE: It looks like we may have some of the AWB cars at the Mopar Nat's - and a sample of the mold changes for the Big Willie cars (done to a white sample car) but at least something to look at. All those attending stop by row K spaces 25-26 as we will be under 4 of those white EZUP tents & have our Supercar Collectibles van partially showing. The Nat's are coming up soon!
Jim

hemigeno

Quote from: SuperJim on August 04, 2010, 03:40:44 PM
The newer Authentic mold regular 1968-69-70 Chargers are SO nice

There's some folks on here that played a big role in helping RC2 make that new issue as accurate as it is, with Chris (Just 6T9 CHGR) being one of them.

I'd also love to see a Charger500 derivative.  Are there any plans to re-tool the Daytona mold for an Authentics release also?

:2thumbs:

SuperJim

QuoteI'd also love to see a Charger500 derivative.  Are there any plans to re-tool the Daytona mold for an Authentics release also?
We work quite close with some of the manufacturers, as we do this (1:18 scale) for a living. It's our hobby, our job, our passion. The costs to "upgrade" tooling is tremendous. So much that the way the economy still is (but getting better?) no one wants to stick their neck out and spend that kind of money right now. As an example, it's not the manufacturer sticking their neck out for these AWB cars. It's us - Jim & Scott at Supercar Collectibles. Yes we have about 70% of these AWB cars pre-sold, but the Big Willie cars are far (far) from that quantity spoken for. We need pre-orders to determine if we can do a project. Yes, I know we have not supplied any pre-production photo's yet, and pictures do sell cars. So, we are not too worried yet, but do wish people would look at our track record, and trust these Daytona's will be worth getting - and reserve 1 (or 2 or 3) of them. We're making new molds for the lift off hood using real metal "screen mesh" in the rear of the tear drop scoop, a new cross ram Hemi intake, new carbs, and new velocity stacks. Plus new headers, and fitting new wheels & tires. It ain't cheap making several new parts... especially when making such a small run of cars using these new parts. Heck we're braver than the manufacturers at times. So to answer your question, any plans to re-tool the Daytona mold for an Authentics release also - I'm sorry, but not at this time. The changes we are paying for is enough of an investment for us right now. The correct style door hinges would be nice, opening up the truck up and finishing it would be nice, as would some other detailing items. But these (Big Willies) will be nice, will have plug wires, will have special packaging, and will be very collectible we feel. Yet we only have so much money at a time. Sucks. But once people start spending more again, anything IS possible. Never say never I say. We do hope to see more detailing done in the future to these great Mopars, and want them that way as much as you do. Just not right now....

Boy that got long didn't it?

Well help spread the word on these 1:18 cars, as many do not know of them....

Thanks for the read.
Jim

SuperJim

We brought a "new mold" sample car (highlighting the new molds mde for these cars) to the Mopar Nat's - to show Big Willie. We then heard he broke down on his way to the event, so was not able to make it. Hope he's back on the rod and home again by now. Too bad we didn't get together...
Jim