News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration Update - pic's

Started by 4402tuff4u, December 16, 2005, 07:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Stopped by yesterday to my body guy to drop off the lower passenger door hinge for my Charger. Purchased the hinge from a board member. All the small holes on the roof have been welded shut, skimmed coated and primed. The metal work that was minimal on the body is all done. Kevin my body guy said the next step for him to continue is to replace the damaged hinge, adjust the passenger door, prime the passenger door and start removing the fenders and doors to start on the engine compartment, inside, under the roof and the underside of the car. Oh, he has to plug weld two little holes on the passenger door where it appears they used to have a mirror mounted. After it's all primed, he has to block sand the whole car. He has to remove the door glass and frame from the passenger door so I can do my polishing work. He said he would have that for me on Saturday. So he's progressing pretty good on the Charger. I want the engine to be completed first before the Charger is all painted. I'm scheduled to visit the machine shop after Christmas to see how far ahead they are. Still waiting on my Bulldogs heads that I ordered in July!!  
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

For those that don't know it's a 68 R/T. Another few pic's.

cudaken

Looks like it is moving alone just fine. How bad was the Charger?

Cuda Ken
I am back

4402tuff4u

Not bad at all Ken. The car was a California car (CA title) that a car collector bought from Georgia. Joe Micco the collector, had to many projects going at the time so he sold it. It had no rust at all, only in the roof from the moisture due to the vinyl top and I'm guessing the A/C condensation effect. I replaced the floors in the rear passenger and driver side because they were thin. No holes but I could see they were kind of thin and since I had just learned to weld and bought a Millermatic mig welder I installed them myself butt weld too! - piece of cake! Was amazed how easy it was.   The worst part was the day the car was being loaded on the trailer. Joe did not fully pushed the shifter in "PARK" and walked away to start loading boxes on the Charger, therefore the car being on an sloped driveway with the passenger door opened swiped a brand new hummer he had parked next to the Charger. So we had to cancel the trailer and he had to order a door from an Arizona guy. He paid for everything. The door and the rear floor pans are the only things not original. Hence, that's why I now discover I need a new hinge.

The nice thing is that the car has all the original power train, original rims and hubcaps, all numbers matching and came with a new interior, new seats, roof liner and vinyl top. Have all in boxes in the attic. The engine was in very good condition. It smoked the tires without hesitation and had excellent compression. I almost lost the car to an Australian guy who was hot for the car. The only thing that saved me is that I was the first caller (ten minutes after it came out) on the ad and Joe said he would give me first option on the Charger and I was here in the USA. The Australian guy also wanted my phone number after I bought it. Joe was nice enough not to give it to him.

4402tuff4u

... also want to thank all you guys and board for helping me out on this restoration endeavor and Neil (Chryco) who is spoon feeding me the info on the engine since I'm green when it comes to engines! :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargervert

It sounds like a nice solid car to start with! It looks like your making good progress with it!

Rolling_Thunder

hey i feel your pain...   i recently did the bodywork and paint on my own car myself....    good luck man...    and remember...   block sand like 50 times...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

who you got your heads through? Im not sure why its taking you so long
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 23, 2005, 05:04:43 PM
who you got your heads through? Im not sure why its taking you so long

I keep wondering why they are taking so long too! I purchased them from www.musclemotorsracing.com. I was told that the manufacturer of the Bulldog heads are just running late on back orders. I believe there is a great demand for them and small production of them. I'm only guessing. I believe they are the only ones that sell the Bulldog heads.