News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro touring wheels??

Started by moparmoynihan, June 16, 2010, 08:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmoynihan

I want to get a set of pro-touring wheel for my new 1969 Chrysler 300. I really don't want to spend a small fortune, so is there any cheap websites or stores out there?? I would also buy a used set if there in good shape. Thanks Johnny.  :METAL:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

WHITE AND RED 69

ebay maybe? newstalgiawheel.com has a nice selection and some are fairly cheap. when you get to the larger wheels cheap is not the way you want to go, save up and get something you will be happy with.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

elanmars

american muscle website, the one that's for mustangs...they have some nice wheels, pretty cheap, free shipping and same bolt pattern for mopars. eventually i'm going to change my wheels to torq-thrust (like) wheels, black with chrome lip.

you can also check out coys wheels. do a google search for both.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

1970Moparmann

Quote from: elanmars on June 19, 2010, 01:28:21 AM
american muscle website, the one that's for mustangs...they have some nice wheels, pretty cheap, free shipping and same bolt pattern for mopars. eventually i'm going to change my wheels to torq-thrust (like) wheels, black with chrome lip.

you can also check out coys wheels. do a google search for both.

Like these? :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

dkn1997

http://coyswheel.com/

won't find soft lip protouring style wheels with good backspacing for much less than this.
RECHRGED

moparmoynihan

That Coy website is what I'm talkin' about!!!!! I have to figure out what size to go with now. Thanks guys. Johnny  :METAL:

dkn1997

Quote from: moparmoynihan on June 20, 2010, 10:14:25 AM
That Coy website is what I'm talkin' about!!!!! I have to figure out what size to go with now. Thanks guys. Johnny  :METAL:
RECHRGED

dkn1997

someone get me some rear discs asap
RECHRGED

moparmoynihan

Thats funny!! I have front drums too :brickwall: Johnny  :METAL:

elanmars

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 21, 2010, 05:16:01 PM
Quote from: moparmoynihan on June 20, 2010, 10:14:25 AM
do you have more pics? just curious how it looks on the car, not just shots of the front and rear but whole car etc. if possible, if not don't worry about it!

dkn1997

no prob
RECHRGED

69bronzeT5

Kevin, your '68 looks KILLER :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dkn1997

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 23, 2010, 08:01:37 PM
Kevin, your '68 looks KILLER :2thumbs:

thanks dude!  uscartool subframe connectors got installed today, new carpet and sound deadening soon.. then my sebring convert seats by the end of the summer. 

wheels come with a bit of a price... due to my tire choice, they rub the outer wheel house... not the lip, but the wheel well itself.  My buddy whos doing the subframe connectors is going to "relieve" that for me. snip snip here snip snip there..  a small price to pay for looking cool lol 
RECHRGED

elanmars

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 19, 2010, 08:05:52 AM
Like these? :nana:

yes!!! do you have more pics of THAT car? those are the wheels I want.

DKN1997-thanks, car does look very nice! what is your tire size, if you don't mind me asking? since it seems some rub, some don't.

dkn1997

18x9.5 rim rear, 295/45/18 with 5.5" backspace.
17x8 front, 255/45/17 with 4.5 backspace.

RECHRGED

mikesbbody

dkn1997

thanks guys.  I still have to put at least a 1/4" spacer on the rears. they are a bit too "in" for me.  IMHO,there are 3 keys to the look I ended up with:

1. stance.  these cars have to have to have to be lowered when you put big wheels on them. otherwise just slam a front diff in there and go muddin'

2. ditch the wheel well trim

3. soft lip wheels.  you gotta counteract the bling of bigger wheels with a deep, mean look. Large wheels that have the same stepped lip as your 15" steelies don't look very deep, even at 9 and 10" wide.
RECHRGED

aone415

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 26, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
thanks guys.  I still have to put at least a 1/4" spacer on the rears. they are a bit too "in" for me.  IMHO,there are 3 keys to the look I ended up with:

1. stance.  these cars have to have to have to be lowered when you put big wheels on them. otherwise just slam a front diff in there and go muddin'

2. ditch the wheel well trim

3. soft lip wheels.  you gotta counteract the bling of bigger wheels with a deep, mean look. Large wheels that have the same stepped lip as your 15" steelies don't look very deep, even at 9 and 10" wide.

Real talk... Pro Tour look should be staggered... on the 68 we ran 17's all the way around with a 8" front and a 9.5" rear... the front lip is 3" and the rear is like 5"   :2thumbs:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

moparmoynihan

Both of your Chargers are killer! The look is there for sure. Johnny  :METAL: