News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP! My Survivor Charger 1 Damn Deer 0

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2010, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Off to work this morning and its going to be 80ยบ and sunny and my Chevy friend at work was bringing in his 70 Chevelle SS454 4-speed for the first time and i get 3 miles away from home and this shit happens..   :brickwall:   :brickwall:

I'm covered under Hagerty Insurance with $0 deductable but this shit didnt need to happen.  I should have drove my 97 Mercury Mystique beater car today.   :brickwall:   :brickwall: :pity:

I need help finding any parts you see broken.   :-\     :callme:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

451-74Charger

Hows the deer ? (false look of concern for all the PETA viewers out there)
Hope you can get the Charger fixed up quickly (and right) so you can carry on cruising

hemi68charger

Damn Paul !!!  That sucks.......  You shouldn't have a problem finding good solid original parts for your '69..........  Hopefully Hagerty won't haggle over the parts.. When I had my incident with Dana, the whole process was pretty nice.. An appraiser came by to verify the damage and then I supplied them with a list of parts with cost...... The claim was left open in the event something unexpected came up...........

Good luck with the claim and repair..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dans 68

:o  Wow, Paul! I'm glad to assume (no news is good news, after all) that you are o.k. What a shame. We'll all help get you whole again.

Dan

Edit - On the lighter side, I'm glad to see you didn't damage those California black plates.  ;)
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69 OUR/TEA

Son of a @#&*^,sorry to hear about this Paul.Thats the last thing any of us want to happen!!!!  :icon_smile_angry:

tricky lugnuts

That absolutely sucks man.

Good thing you got that 0$ deductible insurance. I almost nailed one last summer - locked up my brakes and the little bastard just made it with a little tap in the ass.

When a soccer mom pulled into the front passenger side of my Charger I went with Stephens Performance for the repair parts. They were RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but everything was high quality and they had all the parts I needed in stock for my '71.

Everything was shipped quick as could be, the quality was high, and I figured hey, her insurance is paying.

http://www.stephensperformance.com/

Best of luck getting it taken care of. I'm sure the parts are out there. Hopefully your insurance handles it well. If you don't do the work yourself, keep a close eye on them and make sure everything is done right: i.e. that there's no hidden, underlying damage that is not getting repaired.

Ghoste

A survivor car I'd be shooting for NOS parts too.  Sure sad to see those pics.

lisiecki1

sad  :'(

looks like entire grille, upper grille support, hood, passenger fender....

hows the bumper, can't tell if it's twisted from the pictures......
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Troy

Man, out of all the parts I have laying around I don't think I have any of that stuff. Sorry to see that happen.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BrianShaughnessy

Sucks.   Big time.   :icon_smile_blackeye:    You probably won't have a full fledged survivor after this is done.

Friend of mine got his BBC 66 BelAir 2 door post car whacked by a deer in the passenger door a few weeks ago.    It's a rust free cali car.    He's havin a rough time finding a good door.  :eyes:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hemi68charger

Paul, check your email/pm.... Sent you an ad for a hood..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69charger2002

man Paul!! that really sucks. at least you have $0 deductible. the grill will be your biggest challenge by far.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

resq302

Paul,

I have spare originals of the grille trim and I might be able to get some decent grille parts for ya.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Axels73Charger

Man that sucks! She was a nice one...  :'( Damn deer! Well I hope you can get the parts to fix her up! Best of luck

Axel
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

WINGR

Paul,

Sorry for you and the deer, at least your okay and the car is very fixable.

WINGR

SRT-440

Glad ur ok!

But, if u woulda had a General Lee push bar on the front u might have had less damage..   :icon_smile_wink: jk of course.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

TUFCAT

SO SORRY PAUL!!!  :'( :'(

Maybe they will pay to have the whole car painted.....there's way too much originality there!!!

CB

:o

wow, hope you'll get her fixed soon!
good luck!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Cooter

Sorry to see this happen to your Charger..And I just got rid of my Charger R/T Grille too...Dammit.... :rotz:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

Quote from: Cooter on June 24, 2010, 11:14:39 AM
Sorry to see this happen to your Charger..And I just got rid of my Charger R/T Grille too...Dammit.... :rotz:
I know, i was just reading that thread and was going to write to you!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

my buddy rod has restored grilles in stock

email him    gswrestorations@aol.com(gswrestorations@aol.com)

wayne hit another deer last year with his hemi daytona   
  thread              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58652.0.html
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SnoPro440

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

GPULLER

OH SHIT!!!  That would make me call in sick and drink my day away!   :pity:  So how far are you into that case of beer yet?

I got some 1st gen grille parts maybe that will help????   :hack:

Khyron

man, sorry to hear that :( good luck, and what thrills me is watching everyone here step up to help, wish I had some front end pieces to help with...

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.