News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grille Information...

Started by Judhudson, December 17, 2005, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

I had a thought and I was wondering if I could get your opinions on this.  I was wondering if anyone has any 3rd Gen Charger pics with the grill painted black.  I want to restore my grille since the paint is faded and I think blacking it out would look sharp.  Do you think this would be a good idea, or stupid?

Also, if I were to remove the grille, how would I do that?  I don't have to take off the front bumper would I? :(  I have a 73 Charger if you need to know.

haueter66

If it is the same as a 71, you will not need to remove the bumper.  The 71 style has 6 phillips screws holding in each side.

My grilles are painted all black right now because I am redoing them.  I can take a picture next week if you like, but keep in mind they are not on the car so it might be hard to tell.

haueter66

ok here are my grilles painted all black.  I did the black before the silver because I think it will be easier.  I believe the factory did it the other way.

Judhudson

haueter66

Thanks.  I got the silver on one of them after the pic was taken.  SOOOO much masking involved.  Overall I think they look good.  The silver oversprayed a hair in a few spots, but the factory one had overspray too!!!

Ill try to remember to take a pic tomorrow of the one with the silver on it also.

haueter66

here they are with the silver on.

Judhudson

I don't know, but I think I might just leave mine all black.  What kind of paint did you use for your grille - and the silver is a great touch - but I think it would suit me best to use only black.

haueter66

I just used a high quality satin black.  Not sure if its "factory" correct as I don't particularly care  ;D

The silver is just argent silver.

Judhudson

Ah, satin black, good choice.  But I apologize for being specific, I meant the kind of paint - spray can paint like enamel?  I'm not sure what to get.  :)

haueter66

check out my tail light topic

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6516.0.html

same stuff as in the second pic.  Its just your basic spray enamel... little pricey but the paint shop says its the highest quality they sell... time will tell I spose...