News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

speaker size

Started by deathcharger71, December 19, 2005, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

im too lazy to walk out to my car right now and measure, stock speaker size in the rear are 5x7 correct? just by memory it seems that would be the right size. and one question that might be dumb....im planning on just running an amp i can hook my ipod up to instead of getting a radio or cd player. can i just run the positive from the amp to the starter relay(i think thats what its called, the peice with all the wires thats next to the battery) or do i have to run the positive from the amp straight to the battery? of course using a large fuse and good wiring.

Nacho-RT74

front one: 10x4
rear passenger side: 6x9
rear driver side: 5x8 BUT aftermarket ones screw holes don't meet the stock speaker screw holes on rear tray... at least I haven't found an aftermarket one with screw ears that matchs with rear tray.

if we are talking about 71/74 B bodies... not suyre about 5x8 on earliers.

Sure you can feed the amp from the starter relay stud. You could also feed from ammeter black side stud and get a real read on ammeter if is a NORMAL amp that old wiring and terminal support the extra load LOL.

There is also on your exixtant underdash wiring a triple bullet female plug that is a direct batt source that you can use to feed the amp. it is around the ashtray area if my memory doesn't fail... pink wire and plug... rubber.

another source is also a male spade terminal on fuse box inserted. tehre is two... one is accesories source and otyher is batt source.

is your choice
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html