News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front speaker in kick panel installation?

Started by 70charginglizard, August 01, 2005, 10:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I've purchased and extra set of kick panels from e-bay (so I don't have to cut up my originals) for front speaker installation, there are on there way.
Has anyone here done this with a 2nd gen charger and if so, was there any cutting behind the kick panel that had to take place? What size front speakers did you use? I'd liek to go with 6 1/2 dia. Where did you placed them in the kick panels?

70charginglizard
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Just cut big holes in your door panels, speakers look great there.

J/K :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chryco Psycho

almost any speaker will interfere with the park brake

ChargerRob

70charginglizard, I thought about doing the same thing, but I didn't what to cut that big of a hole to flush mount the speaker to clear the parking brake.  I ended up installing two 4" round speakers mounted in the dash where the single speaker use to be. Doesn't sound too bad because my 6x9's in the back do most of the work.  Robert
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

BrianShaughnessy

Used to use the old 5 1/4" round speakers way back when.    Now I just don't.  :P

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

MadScientist

I noticed a while ago somebody had posted a way of cutting grilles into the kick panel so that the sound would come through without the use of the cover plate (much like what the package tray looks like).  It was a nice job. I think they used a dremel tool to make the cuts.

MS

Ghoste

There isn't much room behind there on either kick panel.  Yoou'd pretty much have to have most of the speaker on the outside I think.