News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dash...

Started by SmashingPunkFan, July 14, 2010, 11:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashingPunkFan

what would be the best "method" to removing the dash? I'm trying to break this car down so I can get it sandblasted, and was totally stumped yesterday by the dash.

I started by removing the plastic, like the pillars, glove box door, etc...

And while I'm at it, how do you remove this sucker? I took out all the screws I could find, but can't get it to come off.

Thanks,
Shaun.
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

twodko

Hey Shaun,

Begin at the bottom of these upper door pads and gently pull them straight out toward you, not up or sideways. These pads are held in place by spring clips that simply pop into holes on the sheet metal frame work. They're not delicate but use both hands and pull the bottom out first. Good luck and let us know how you fared.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Domino

Remove windshield to get to dash bolts.

Troy

:iagree: with both of the above. You'll likely not be able to reach the bolts for the dash along the windshield frame as long as the windshield is in place.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger_fan_4ever

Just pulled the rallye dash out of my 70 a month ago. Remove all the bolts alomg the windshield channel(as mentioned remove windshield) then at the upper kick panels there is a bolt. Drop the steering column down some and out she comes.

SmashingPunkFan

Okay... got the armrests out. The dash... I was wanting to pull everything out except the dash itself until my other project is finished, that way its not exposed to the weather... just a few more weeks and it'll be my only focus.                                                        Thanks,                           Shaun.
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.