News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photos and recap last page(s)! 2011 DSAC WW/NBOA national meet

Started by pettybird, July 16, 2010, 04:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: learical1 on July 26, 2010, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: pettybird on July 26, 2010, 02:46:22 PM
Quote from: learical1 on July 26, 2010, 11:31:39 AM

Rent a bus!  (hey, that's what we did in 1980 for the trip from Baltimore to D.C. to see the sights.)

we didn't take the bus--dad had this shagadelic 70's van with rainbow flames on the nose and shag on the ceiling.  we bought it used, but it was definitely a child of a different era. 

I was talking about the 1980 Winged Warrior (at that time NASCAR Street Classics) meet in Baltimore, 1980.  You remember, where your uncle saved you from being lost at 4 years old in Washington DC.  Chick Schiesser, who ran that meet, had a tour bus set up that most of us (but apparently not you :shruggy:) took to see the sights of our nation's capital.  (FBI Building, Air & Space museum, Arlington National Cemetery, etc.)

We had more family and just drove the van separately.  I'm pretty sure we camped, too. 

talkiemopar

Hey there,  that was a nice tour bus.  Do you have the picture of the group.. where are you in the group photo, Bruce?  Rich said someone has already posted car pictures but he isn't sure if there were any 'people' photos -  :shruggy:
Rick and the Better Half  :smilielol:  Sherry (the one with good looking legs in the front row )  :icon_smile_tongue: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn:

learical1

I'm in row 2, just to the right of the guy with the beard, leaning forward so you can see the people behind me.
Bruce

talkiemopar

Hey quite good looking - have you aged any - I certainly haven't just gotten better  :lol: :lol:  Ricks in the back row - no glasses - sort of in back of the hairy faced guy slightly to the guys left.-- and has he aged  :lol:  he's lost about as much hair as the bearded fellow. :nana: :nana: wait until he reads this post :lol: :lol: :o :o ;)

The better half

learical1

Quote from: talkiemopar on July 27, 2010, 06:03:37 PM
have you aged any

The better half

Just 30 years older and 70 lbs heavier.  I still have hair, but it's a lot greyer. 

I met Rick and you at the '78 meet at Knott's Berry Farm.  Seems that Rick and I were having a (rather lengthy and one-sided) discussion about the trials and tribulations of owning a LimeLight SuperBird.   :smilielol:
Bruce

learical1

Here I am, judging Daytonas at the 1980 Baltimore meet.
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on July 27, 2010, 09:19:36 PM
Quote from: talkiemopar on July 27, 2010, 06:03:37 PM
have you aged any

The better half

Just 30 years older and 70 lbs heavier.  I still have hair, but it's a lot greyer. 

I met Rick and you at the '78 meet at Knott's Berry Farm.  Seems that Rick and I were having a (rather lengthy and one-sided) discussion about the trials and tribulations of owning a LimeLight SuperBird.   :smilielol:
I bet it was lengthy and one sided   LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

that may have been 1980 but some of those people are still back in 1973......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

pettybird

An update--I'm still juggling the schedule but I've added a trip to BE/A restoration parts as well as Dove Manufacturing. 

Most of you know of BE/A, and it's very cool to see all of those parts in one place.  Mike's a great guy, and he's offered to schedule the annual Moparts trip there on my Saturday or Friday if I wanted, and he has food and drink there for that. 

Dove got all of the high performance engine mold boxes, casting parts and blueprints for ALL of the high power racing engines for Ford FE-based engines.  Ford gave them to Holman-Moody for $1 to compensate them for ending racing in 1972, and Jim Dove bought them from HM around 1974.  They scratch build 427 SOHC motors, make more than 90 FE performance heads, rocker arms and more.  They even make Mopar rocker arms for Indy. They have their own foundry as well as full machining capability.  It's a filthy, run-down shack of a place, which is the best kind of machine shop.  When I was there they had stacks of intakes (they make 48 or so styles,) a pallet of SOHC heads, stacks of FE heads, and blocks in various stages of machining.  I probably have tetanus from the visit, but I'm still grinning a couple hours later.  You'll love it.   

I can use these activities for my open day, or I can continue to look for more stuff to tour and axe the museum day.  Thoughts?

moparstuart

I hope BE&A will be a week day , we will have to head out saturdau Morning to make it home    :yesnod:

Mopurr

sounds really cool

I vote car stuff over the museum, I am sure the museums are really nice......but car stuff always votes higher here.

We may be traveling in on your opening day and would hate to miss the tour @ BE/A

pettybird

Quote from: Mopurr on August 26, 2010, 04:17:49 PM
sounds really cool

I vote car stuff over the museum, I am sure the museums are really nice......but car stuff always votes higher here.

We may be traveling in on your opening day and would hate to miss the tour @ BE/A

...and there are antique shops in the area where BE/A is. 

You're coming in Tuesday or Wednesday?

Mopurr

Hopefully will be driving there Tues to be there that evening and then for the rest

And Antique shops.......yippee

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: learical1 on July 27, 2010, 10:21:54 AM
I'm in row 2, just to the right of the guy with the beard, leaning forward so you can see the people behind me.
Hay Bruce,  And that is Joe Slama to your left.  He is a very good friend of mine.  I do see him quite often.  He rode with Lou Whitfield in Lou's 69 Charger R/T to that meet.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

learical1

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 13, 2010, 02:44:26 AM
Hay Bruce,  And that is Joe Slama to your left.  He is a very good friend of mine.  I do see him quite often.  He rode with Lou Whitfield in Lou's 69 Charger R/T to that meet.

I think Joe was kneeling.  I just had to lean forward.
Bruce

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: learical1 on September 13, 2010, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 13, 2010, 02:44:26 AM

I think Joe was kneeling.  I just had to lean forward.
Yep,  That is what it looks like.  I am going to get this picture copied and send it to him...haha    He probably still has that shirt...  I see Lou in the back next to Rick and Wayne... 
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

pettybird

another update--

Summit Racing has invited us down.  We can go through the retail store, and they'll put on a mini presentation for us, but won't show us anything behind the scenes.  The retail store is the size of a K mart.  They don't do tours for anyone, which is a shame--I like looking under the hoods of places like that. 

They'll give us hats and shirts and goodie bags, and we can be there for an hour or two.  Does this sound entertaining?  I'd have to find other stuff in the area--they're about 45 minutes from the hotel.  This would be during the week sometime. 

Mopurr

2 votes from us sounds interesting 45 minute drive doesn't sound bad

Richard Cranium

Something to think about when visiting Cleveland.................

Top 15 cities where bedbug infestations are found:

1. New York
2. Philadelphia
3. Detroit
4. Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Chicago
6. Denver
7. Columbus, Ohio
8. Dayton, Ohio
9. Washington, D.C.
10. Los Angeles
11. Boston
12. Indianapolis
13. Louisville, Ky.
14. Cleveland, Ohio
15. Minneapolis, Minn.

Good thing it's #14, but 3 other Ohio cities are on the list. What's up with that?
I am Dr. Remulac

pettybird

We weren't very specific when we said we wanted "growth industries."  We thought we were doing OK but we're pissed Detroit's so much further up the list.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 19, 2010, 08:17:53 PM
We weren't very specific when we said we wanted "growth industries."  We thought we were doing OK but we're pissed Detroit's so much further up the list.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

pettybird

,,,and hey--if your room is too clean, I'll bite you myself.  Where else are you going to find that kind of service?

hotrod98

Meeting Mike Ross and going to Summit would be great. Would be nice to meet some of these guys that I talk to on the phone. Sandra is no longer able to travel so I'll probably be traveling alone. I may have to caravan up with Stuart and his group.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 03, 2010, 11:57:39 AM
Meeting Mike Ross and going to Summit would be great. Would be nice to meet some of these guys that I talk to on the phone. Sandra is no longer able to travel so I'll probably be traveling alone. I may have to caravan up with Stuart and his group.
your more then welcome to tag along

pettybird

Caravans are cool--the only thing better than driving a wing car is driving them in a pack!

Mom and I are still juggling the schedule as new opportunities come around.  We'll have a lot to do, for sure, and we've got a bunch of options. 

R&H Collectibles, where I work, is moving in the next couple months to Solon, where the car show on Tuesday is at.  It's a LOT bigger building with a big parking lot, so that'll work its way in somewhere.  We'll use it as a jumping-off spot for one of the tours, most likely.  We have around 65 cars right now, and we plan on adding inventory as we're going from approx. 17,000sqft to 40,000 sqft!  It's going to be a BIG change!  We're not trying to spend hundreds of thousands like best of show did to turn the place into a museum, but we are going to expand.  If you haven't checked out the website it's www.rhcollectibles.com

We're a little Mopar-heavy right now, which isn't a bad thing for this crowd.  If it's still around I'm sure I can talk the boss into letting the Hemi C500 out to play, too!