News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photos and recap last page(s)! 2011 DSAC WW/NBOA national meet

Started by pettybird, July 16, 2010, 04:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad88t-top

It's too early to tell but considering I'm from Pittsburgh I think this would be a great 2 day event for me.   I'd love to meet some of you guys and check out your winged beauties all in 1 place.    If it looks like a good turnout I'll make the trip.
-Bill
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

pettybird

It'll be an even better turnout if you show up!  bring a car!  bring your friends with THEIR cars--the national meet hasn't been this close to you since '93!

Two days would be great, but you're so close you could do it in one.  Mom and I go to Ikea a couple times a year in robinson twp, and it's an easy adventure for us.  it'll take you around 2 hours one way to the hotel. 

SuperJim

Is there any type of goodie bag being assembled for participants? If so we would like to send some business cards/flyers since we sell winged car items. Wish it was closer to us so I cound attend.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Tom Q

Is there night time security for the motel parking lot?
That is a lot of expensive iron in one place at one time.
If you have seen the original "Gone is 60 Seconds"  movie they steal a 70 challenger R/T in about 30 seconds.
Take notes...

pettybird

superjim sure, I can PM you my address. 

Tom yes there is security, but comments like this fry my brain.  "take notes..."?  What the hell does that even mean?  Planning a break in?  Should I start training attack dogs?  Alert homeland security?  Build a fallout shelter? 

The ONLY time anyone has ever messed with one of our superbirds in 34 years of ownership was at home in the garage!!!  What to do then?  Sit in the driver's seat all day with a shotgun?  It was a random act by someone who broke into the house, and they were never found.  The car would have been safer that day parked at walmart with the key hanging in the ignition!

This meet is being held in one of the nicest parts of the city, at one of the most freshly restored, highly regarded hotels run by a very well respected national chain accustomed to hosting conventions.  If you'd rather sit at home wearing your tinfoil hat, be my guest.  No one can predict the future.  You either enjoy your time, the people around you and your hobbies or you can cower in fear and die anyway.  This is, far and away, not the first meeting of these cars, nor will it be the last or the largest. 

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hotrod98

I have no problem leaving my bird in the hotel parking lot. Besides, if someone steals it or damages it, it won't be the end of the world. These cars are just big old hunks of metal. I have plenty of other more important things to worry about.
I guess a guy could just sit at home on the couch and lock his car safely in the garage with a guard dog. Now wouldn't that be a blast.  ::)

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 20, 2010, 12:14:34 PM
I have no problem leaving my bird in the hotel parking lot. Besides, if someone steals it or damages it, it won't be the end of the world. These cars are just big old hunks of metal. I have plenty of other more important things to worry about.
I guess a guy could just sit at home on the couch and lock his car safely in the garage with a guard dog. Now wouldn't that be a blast.  ::)
:2thumbs:
Great attitude.  I love my car also, but I always say, it is well insured.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

pettybird

Yes great attitude!  Show up, and bring your friends!

Even Mr. Tinfoil Hat is very welcome!

pettybird

A minor schedule shift, an added fun activity and a need for an RSVP!

Saturday will be at BE/A where Mike Ross and staff will be our hosts for a picnic and look-see at his new place.  He's done this in the past with a bunch of guys from Moparts, and he's combining that with our group!  It's a cookout, beverages and more!  One of his employees, Joel Cox, has a V2 Daytona that's being restored in time for the show, and we may even have a Daytona present that hasn't seen the light of day since the mid 70's!  Mike's a great guy and it's amazing to see what he has for sale and what he's got in the works.  Mike volunteered the picnic idea, and as it's on a Saturday the casual, regional attendance should be up.  He also brings in more than 25-30 cars for the Moparts gathering, so it should be a great turnout!  Since it's on the way I'm going to try and get the guys from Dove Performance to let us in on that Saturday morning.  That means I'm back to a solid day of stuff to plan, but we have a bunch of ideas.

The Tuesday arrival day's evening activity, the Solon Cruise, is officially Mopar night and we at work (R&H Collectibles) just signed on to sponsor it.  That means (whether the boss knows it or not) that I'll be emptying our place of Mopars for the show, including our white Hemi 500.  The company is moving, which is good for me--7 miles closer to home--and good for the show as it's 3/4 mile from that show and only 7-8 minutes from the host hotel.  We obviously can stop by either that night or on another day, and we have more than 60 cars and $10 million in inventory.  Our current place had the cars literally stacked on top of each other--it's so small we were using seven four-post lifts just to make room for additional cars!  The new place is 34,000sqft, up from the 14k we have now. 

The people running the Solon show are requesting an RSVP for attendees a few days ahead of time.  They'll rope off spots in the front row for those coming, which is nice.  If you know you'll be coming let me know the week before and I can get you a spot.  There will be spots available if you don't RSVP, but it's always cool to see the cars together. 

Tom Q

No hat needed, just never assume anything.

"Takes notes" means  please note in the movie the challenger was stolen is less than 45 seconds and they show you how. 

Meet guidelines for another large established mopar club meets always suggested our own set of eyes watching the cars from midnight till 6 AM, in addition to hotel security.  You can be as cavalier and care free as you want about your car being stolen and I understand about location location location being nice etc but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

pettybird

On second thought, maybe you should stay home...you know, for your own safety.  We wouldn't want you to get mixed up in the mass theft of 1970 Challengers by hooligans with a fetish for gone in 60 seconds.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 06, 2011, 11:13:10 AM
On second thought, maybe you should stay home...you know, for your own safety.  We wouldn't want you to get mixed up in the mass theft of 1970 Challengers by hooligans with a fetish for gone in 60 seconds.

:popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

OK Doug I'm in! :2thumbs:
And, it looks like this will be our Summer family vacation as well, so Susan and the two girls will (as of now) be riding along. I only had to make a concession of a day trip to Dresden Ohio to see the Longenberger (sp?) basket facory and all that come with it. We will be getting in Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I'm really pumped about meeting Mike Ross and seeing BE&A too.
I suppose this means I need to get off my arse and do my cam change/top end freshening and get thoose new tires ordered as well.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 10, 2011, 01:12:17 PM
OK Doug I'm in! :2thumbs:
And, it looks like this will be our Summer family vacation as well, so Susan and the two girls will (as of now) be riding along. I only had to make a concession of a day trip to Dresden Ohio to see the Longenberger (sp?) basket facory and all that come with it. We will be getting in Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I'm really pumped about meeting Mike Ross and seeing BE&A too.
I suppose this means I need to get off my arse and do my cam change/top end freshening and get thoose new tires ordered as well.
and exhaust gaskets 

70Sbird

and exhaust gaskets 
[/quote]
Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to hopefully chase down my "noise" in this process as well! It has been going on for 6,000 miles now but is getting louder.

The last thing I want is a major breakdown on the side of the road with the wife and kids along. I would absolutely NEVER hear the end of it if I had to rent a car and tow the Bird home across a few states

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 10, 2011, 03:56:00 PM
and exhaust gaskets 
Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to hopefully chase down my "noise" in this process as well! It has been going on for 6,000 miles now but is getting louder.

The last thing I want is a major breakdown on the side of the road with the wife and kids along. I would absolutely NEVER hear the end of it if I had to rent a car and tow the Bird home across a few states
[/quote]  make sure it's not your power steering pump mine makes a bad knocking noise

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 10, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
make sure it's not your power steering pump mine makes a bad knocking noise
[/quote]
already pulled the belts and ran it, its internal :brickwall:

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

It's OK...you can break worse here.  I'll have more tools and parts handy ;)

Glad you're coming, although if you weren't I'd give you crap for a long time!

limelightsuperbird

Hi Doug! Glad to see you and your mother are hosting. Remember me- back window plug guy? Ha Ha  . We will bring the green bird.  Jim
Birdman 
          Superbird 528 Hemi 5-speed  3.73 axle
          1970 Satellite 440 4-speed 4.10 axle
          1974 Challenger Rally 383 auto
          1999 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
          1960 Imperial Le Baron
          1966 Coronet
          1958 Cadillac
          1968 Cadillac flower car
          1969 Cadillac Deville Convertibles
          1969 Cadillac Devilles
          1998 GMC Dually 
          1978 Tubbed Buick Regal T-type
          1985 Cadillac Eldo. Touring Cpe

Mopar John

Doug and Carol,
Just wanted to let you know that Linda and I have a room reserved and plan on making your meet in JUNE! The way things are shaping up it looks like it will be a great event!

pettybird

It will, and I would have driven over and dragged you out of your house if you weren't planning on coming!

I'll have the penultimate schedule in the next day or so...one more thing in the works, but it's close enough to call done.

Mopar John

Quote from: pettybird on March 11, 2011, 02:52:05 PM
It will, and I would have driven over and dragged you out of your house if you weren't planning on coming!

I'll have the penultimate schedule in the next day or so...one more thing in the works, but it's close enough to call done.
Doug,
In addition to your threats I don't want to face the wrath of my friend your late father Rick! If I am lucky enough to meet up with him again, I don't want to be cast to the end of the line at whatever type of wing meets he's having!
Mopar John

pettybird

Hey John check out the updates and pack a few of your die casts!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 12, 2011, 11:02:22 PM
Hey John check out the updates and pack a few of your die casts!
doug i'm trying to plan my saturday departure time? what time will the BE& A  deal start  ??