News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought my new race car. It ain't a Charger but it's quick.

Started by *, December 19, 2005, 01:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well guys and Gals, I am now the proud owner of a 1973 Duster
It runs 8.75 @ 155 on fat tune(less than 15 runs in 05)
weighs 2450 w/'glass doors, trunk lid, hood, dash, removable front end
MS cage
CM front half
Kirkey seat
Strange externally adjustable struts up front
Weld Alumastars--fronts are 3.5" x 15" mounted with Goodyear front runners, rears are 16" x 15" w/4.5" b.s. mounted with Goodyears)
back half w/ladderbars and antiroll bar
Dana rear w/Moser axles, Strange spool, and 4.30 gear
Afco double adjustables in the rear
parachute
wheelie bars
Running a Biondo 450 with digital 7 (7530) box.
Freshened 600" Indy max, dry sump, dual Ron's Flying Toilets injection (alcohol) at approx. 2000 cfm, and B1 heads backed by a PGlide at 5500 stall

In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 19, 2005, 01:57:16 PM
Nice.   Drag racing is an addiction, isnt it?
bigger than life it is... i hope this satisfies your hunger for speed.  but what happens when you get tired of going 8's ??? ???
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet Jeebus Charlie Brown!

Thats a whole mess 'o car!   Parachute and all!

Any vids of the previous runs?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

greenpigs

Yes, 493 listened to me this time.

I hope you get what your looking for out of this ride, and any plans on getting a charger to play with on the street?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Quote from: RD on December 19, 2005, 02:03:56 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 19, 2005, 01:57:16 PM
Nice.  Drag racing is an addiction, isnt it?
bigger than life it is... i hope this satisfies your hunger for speed.  but what happens when you get tired of going 8's ??? ???

Who me??? Get tired of 8's? By the time I start running 8's I will be ready to retire. I have to slow the car down (throttle stop) and start at 10's then 9's and with a pair of Depends, I will do 8's.  :icon_smile_big:
-------------------

Quote from: greenpigs on December 19, 2005, 02:09:46 PM

I hope you get what your looking for out of this ride, and any plans on getting a charger to play with on the street?

I'm cashed out. We just spent $250,000 on an addition to the house and we also bought a $350,000 2nd house, so I don't have a lot of extra cash for a Charger.
I almost bout a 69 Charger that runs 9's (tube chassis car) but the guy didn't want to show me more pictures and he didn't know a thing about the engine and trans spec's so I backed off on that deal.
-------------------

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

Quote from: 493Charger on December 19, 2005, 02:14:22 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on December 19, 2005, 02:09:46 PM

I'm cashed out. We just spent $250,000 on an addition to the house and we also bought a $350,000 2nd house, so I don't have a lot of extra cash for a Charger.
I almost bout a 69 Charger that runs 9's (tube chassis car) but the guy didn't want to show me more pictures and he didn't know a thing about the engine and trans spec's so I backed off on that deal.

Two houses must have enough equity for one measly little Charger.     :D

Hope you have some fun with the Duster, sounds great.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

4402tuff4u

I took a ride on a 11.08 second car and ended up with a good head ache. I can't imagine 8 second car!!! :scared:
Congratulations! I miss the Charger thou. Can't wait to see the pictures with the babe!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Blakcharger440

That Duster looks wicked!  :o  You will have loads of fun with that! Sweeeet! 

mikemopar

Right on Jim.  I can't wait to see it tearing up Woodburn!!!!

When it's time for Depends let me know, there's no sense in you having to buy a whole package.  I'll spot you a pair whenever you race down here. :icon_smile_big:

AllBlueRT

TruckDriver

You have a split personality or are you in cognito Mike? What's with the new name? ???
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikemopar

Hello DCG.  Merry Christmas. :wave:
Sorry for the hijack Jim. ;D

I'm in Texas and forgot my password's book.  It was late at night and I wanted to post, so I used my "pet name" for the time being.  I'll be on this puter whenever I'm at my mom's and we're moving here next summer.
My mom has a 3x black '06 Charger RT that I'll be hammering on this week.  She asked for it for a demo cause I was coming.  I told I wanted a 300. :-\

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Cool dude,  give your old car a 3 second headstart if you race it someday.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Ghoste

I hope you leave the pic of the Charger in your sig just for old times sake.  At least for a little while.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: mikemopar on December 19, 2005, 09:38:04 PM
My mom has a 3x black '06 Charger RT that I'll be hammering on this week.  
Is that gonna include some burnout pics?? :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikemopar

My mom used to let me drive anything she had.  She's a little apprehensive this time, I don't know why.  Maybe it's because of the chair, ;).   I'm still working her, problem was I told her what I was gonna do.
I used to go to the dealership and drive anything I wanted too.  I'm gonna try and get a ride in a Viper tho, last time I was able to drive one.

Sorry for the 'jack Jim.  We're keeping you on top.  BTW, will you repaint it or anything?

Quote from: mikemopar on December 20, 2005, 06:39:37 PM

Sorry for the 'jack Jim.   We're keeping you on top.   BTW, will you repaint it or anything?

Some day I will paint it black but I will have to try and save up for a while.
-------------------

mikemopar

BLACK!  That will look bitc3en. :thumbs:

Jim, how do you plan on driving with only 2 tires on the ground.  It's kind of hard to practice, too cool.  Maybe put some mirrors out in front on the fenders so you can see your lane. :lol: :icon_smile_cool:

Jon Smith