News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger r/t resto also not scared Update April 2022 more paint

Started by charger_fan_4ever, July 23, 2010, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD

I am looking to get a tail panel what are the issues ???
and I seen a lot of people add an inch to the rear of the trunk floor !!?
What the Hell-Dumass !

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: HOTROD on April 12, 2012, 10:44:38 PM
I am looking to get a tail panel what are the issues ???

Only real issue was the buckets for the lights that are spotted onto the panel. Once you bolt the lights in they don't fit right in the holes. Had to take the buckets off and refit them on the panel itself. Lots of test fitting but they ended up nice. Would be better if the buckets were not installed from AMD. As for the trunk floor didn't have to add any at the back. It fit like a glove.

So far the rear valance is the worst. Put the corners up to it and the body line is way off and where the valance spots to the bottom of the tail panel it does not line up.

65post

Quote from: HOTROD on April 12, 2012, 10:44:38 PM

Wow.Was it an AMD?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

charger_fan_4ever

Some pics of the trunk extensions,rear valence/valance corners, tail panel. Looking like a charger again.
Off to inners/outers and 1/4 test fitting.

charger_fan_4ever

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

65post

The 1/4 looked good in the box but when we got it on the car and took a good look down the the length of it it did not look so good.The fit is good though.As for the end caps they are going to get a TOTAL make over.That being said over all we are very happy with the AMD  parts even if we have to TWEAK them a little.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: 65post on April 21, 2012, 09:13:22 PM
The 1/4 looked good in the box but when we got it on the car and took a good look down the the length of it it did not look so good.The fit is good though.As for the end caps they are going to get a TOTAL make over.That being said over all we are very happy with the AMD  parts even if we have to TWEAK them a little.

AMD makes good stuff for us, a little tweaking is part of the game on old car that have been used for 40+ years.
I do it every day on newer Toyotas and other makes.

Great project you have there, keep up the good work  :cheers:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: NorwayCharger on April 22, 2012, 02:11:57 AM
Quote from: 65post on April 21, 2012, 09:13:22 PM
The 1/4 looked good in the box but when we got it on the car and took a good look down the the length of it it did not look so good.The fit is good though.As for the end caps they are going to get a TOTAL make over.That being said over all we are very happy with the AMD  parts even if we have to TWEAK them a little.

AMD makes good stuff for us, a little tweaking is part of the game on old car that have been used for 40+ years.
I do it every day on newer Toyotas and other makes.

Great project you have there, keep up the good work  :cheers:

I bought the 1/4's not long after they became available. I don't know if the stampings have improved, but mine are wavy the full length. Will need a skim of putty over the whole panel and blocked before any high build/spray fill blocking can start.
For $1800 for the pair and the metal being so thick they should be straighter.

charger chris

hell i some ways ur car is better then mine and in other ways mine is better then urs. but great work. keep up the good work. :popcrn: :2thumbs:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: charger chris on April 22, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
hell i some ways ur car is better then mine and in other ways mine is better then urs. but great work. keep up the good work. :popcrn: :2thumbs:

They all rot a little differently I guess. Most cars i came across needing floors,cowl,pillars ect the rails were toast spings through the trunk. Probably the factory undercoat is what saved the rails on my car. There is still blue paint over spray under the undercoat on the rails.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 23, 2012, 10:16:39 AM
Nice work  :cheers:

Thanks

Did AMD send you a license plate  :icon_smile_big: ?  i'm still waiting for mine. They saved 2 Canuck cars. :2thumbs:

69finder

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 23, 2012, 07:37:54 PM

Thanks

Did AMD send you a license plate  :icon_smile_big: ?  i'm still waiting for mine. They saved 2 Canuck cars. :2thumbs:

Is there an AMD supplier in Canada?  :) Might be 3 cars saved... :)

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 69finder on April 24, 2012, 01:10:41 AM

Thanks

Depending on where you are located Shawn can help you out with AMD stuff among other things

http://www.macleanclassics.com/

AMD POSTER BOY

RIDELIKEHELL

Thanks

No just a jelly of the month club subscription for life :smilielol:
AMD POSTER BOY

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 69finder on April 24, 2012, 01:10:41 AM

Thanks

SMS auto classic in Delson. CHeck them out on ebay. THeir prices are inline with the amd catalog. Just add exchange and thats their price.

charger_fan_4ever

Passengers 1/4 is on except for the welds to the trunk extension as the valance corners are nowhere near correct. 1/4 Fit is pretty good, the actual stamping not so much. Body lines are all over the place and quite a few imperfections in the metal. The valance corners are junk. Don't know how AMD can put their name on them.

To get the body line to line up at all it does not come close to fitting the 1/4 see pic 2. After some massaging it fits the valance quite well. Going to widen the cap on the valance side to line up with the 1/4 and probably will have to tweak the side of the cap that meets the 1/4 as well.

charger chris

nice work. thats messed up.  :slap: amd. i heard that the croner was a problem but i was going to wait and see for myself after i get started on my charger but i need to get the body inline first. my door opening are not right door points to the floor  :scratchchin: so need to fix that first
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

ACUDANUT

I salute your hard work and determination.  It makes me feel lazy.  I would have found a better car to fix up, unless it was a real Hemi car.  Don't stop now, you have gone too far

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 27, 2012, 10:58:26 PM
I salute your hard work and determination.  It makes me feel lazy.  I would have found a better car to fix up, unless it was a real Hemi car.  Don't stop now, you have gone too far

Thanks for the kind words.

Canada is pretty well picked over in the 2nd gen r/t project area. I looked for close to a year for a r/t and ended up getting it in NH. Seems like waiting for that rust free car at a reasonable $$ or a major hemi project at a reasonable $$will never come these days. Everyone thinks they have the last 1 of 1 car :P. Had to start somewhere.

charger chris

:2thumbs: you can only work with what u can get and in the price range. hell i got my charger for really cheap and to behonest i think i was lucky but i just got the shell with one door and dash and stering column every thing was gone.  :popcrn: so i look at this way at least there people will to put them back together they will always be around :2thumbs: to you. my car needs rear frame rails and along with the rest of the back part of the car. so i say great man and keep doing what you doing. it looks great.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

nvrbdn

looks like it is doing well. thanks for posting the process. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

Still going. Drivers side rocker behind the door needed a patch along with the bottom of the door jamb.  Inner/outer wheelhouses on and the drivers 1/4 is tacked and lined up good at the door. Will need some tweaking where its suppose to fit the base of the rocker in front of the wheel.

Crazy what he does with some sheet metal and a metal break.  :popcrn: