News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger r/t resto also not scared Update April 2022 more paint

Started by charger_fan_4ever, July 23, 2010, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Drivers quarter fit quite well. Some had to be trimmed off the bottom in front of the wheel. Surprise the valance end cap wasn't even close to fitting on the drivers side either. It went under the knife. Looking at it now in person it is hard to tell that it is wider than when it came out of the box.

charger_fan_4ever

Passengers side valance cap has been operated on same story as the drivers side. Roof skin has been glued on. Deck filler and lower plenum are on. Sail panel areas on the 1/4 needed some cutting and metal added for the gap to the deck filler to be right. In the corners more cutting and welding for the lower window corner trim to fit.

ACUDANUT

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 05, 2012, 08:42:29 PM
Nice work there my man...Did you say glued on ?

Thanks
The roof skin yes. 3m panel bond across the mid supports and along the drip rails. The front and rear window channels and roof to 1/4 joints the skin is welded on.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

hatersaurusrex

Looks like you're going with the '69 trim for the tail light panels, are you going to black out the panel itself?  In my opinion, the '70 trim itself wasn't what made it odd looking, it was the fact that the panel was body colored and not blacked out.

Then again, you know what they say about opinions.  Sweet ride man, keep the pics coming :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 05, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
Looks like you're going with the '69 trim for the tail light panels, are you going to black out the panel itself?  In my opinion, the '70 trim itself wasn't what made it odd looking, it was the fact that the panel was body colored and not blacked out.

Then again, you know what they say about opinions.  Sweet ride man, keep the pics coming :)

The lights in it were just used for testing as the buckets had to be cut off and moved and rewelded. I have the original lights without the trim in storage. I believe even with the trim panel on you could not see the chrome trim anyway. I saw in another thread a pic of a 70 r/t with blacked out tail panel. I liked it, but not sure I'd go that route.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Back N Black

Awesome work! that takes a lot of skill and patience's.  :2thumbs:

Vainglory, Esq.

Excellent metal work. You're quite the perfectionist; I can tell just by looking at some of my panel gaps...

I'm really excited to see this car done, but right now, I'm loving the progress.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on June 06, 2012, 12:05:20 PM
Excellent metal work. You're quite the perfectionist; I can tell just by looking at some of my panel gaps...

I'm really excited to see this car done, but right now, I'm loving the progress.

Oh yes brother is a perfectionist and will only do things the right way. No short cuts  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

Well AMD messed up again. Put a door skin on the passengers door this week. As you can see the fins on the door scallops are too long and stick out past the door scoop a good 2 inches.

Pretty sure the outer skin was the same on all 68-70s. Compared the skin to the original door and the fin jets out further back than the original. Hello hammer/dolly/putty

charger_fan_4ever

Some more progress.

Shifter brackets are on and shifter assembly has been redone. Door skin  is on. Hood has been dissected. Top side had holes for hood pins that have been welded up. Top side has been striped, blasted and primed,hood pin holes welded up.

Lower support needs a lot of work. The rat nests rotted out the underside in a few spots. Why no repro hood again ?  :brickwall:

Memphis Mopar

I looked and looked..finally I called Stephens Performance and had to pay a pretty penny for one but I will say it was in very nice shape.

472 R/T SE

From the pix on this page the pass. side door skin looked OK to begin with?

That sucks about the scallops.  After looking at the work you guys' are doing the scallops could prolly be done blindfolded.

Amazing work going on, very impressive.

You should tell your brother he's not too bad working that steel & should think about doing it professionally.   ;)

charger_fan_4ever

The scallop had been taken care of with the hammer/dolly.

Skin was rotted in the bottom corners. Would have just put a lower on it, but the rot was up over the lowest body line.

Pics went wacky on photobuck all blurry not sure what happened will have to try it again.

Ryan

That sail panel to dutchmen gap looks great :cheers:
I had to do the same to get mine to fit.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ryan on July 22, 2012, 12:40:27 PM
That sail panel to dutchmen gap looks great :cheers:
I had to do the same to get mine to fit.

I emailed AMD some pics of the door skin and they said they hadn't heard about it and would look into it. While i was at it i sent some pics of the valance corners,deck filler to sail panel gaps, the tail light buckets with a tail lamp installed before we cut them off and repositioned. Never heard another word..

Aussie R/T

I emailed AMD some pics of the door skin and they said they hadn't heard about it and would look into it. While i was at it i sent some pics of the valance corners,deck filler to sail panel gaps, the tail light buckets with a tail lamp installed before we cut them off and repositioned. Never heard another word..
[/quote]

By the look of the fitting AMD should have given them too you for free.Think if were not the owner and had to pay to have those gaps filled the cost would out weigh the product just to get them to fit. :brickwall:

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: BIRD67 on July 26, 2012, 11:22:16 AM
car is looking good, love the wheels and tires.

Original mags from the 70's still on it with bias plys.

I have some of the original american racing 200S wheels in 15 x 8  to go on it when its finished. Love the look of those on a 2nd generation.

Quote from: Aussie R/T on July 26, 2012, 03:32:38 AM

By the look of the fitting AMD should have given them too you for free.Think if were not the owner and had to pay to have those gaps filled the cost would out weigh the product just to get them to fit. :brickwall:

I can't hate on AMD too much cause before AMD Restoring this one would have only been achieved by buying a rust free shell and cutting it up as a donor. Parts may have fit better though LOL

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

charger_fan_4ever

try the hood pics again

Hood pin holes are now a thing of the past.  :2thumbs: