News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turbo Lebaron vert

Started by 'CUDA360, December 20, 2005, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do with it

part it out
2 (16.7%)
flip it
6 (50%)
keep it for later
3 (25%)
sell it to me cheap
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 24, 2005, 10:10:48 PM

'CUDA360

Went down to the auctions again today and bought a '88 turbo Lebaron.  cheap.
Nice top and body and it looks like it needs a new computer and a front bumper.

It has the nice wheels, leather interior and power everything.

Not sure what I want to do with it at this point.. What do you guys think?

PocketThunder

flip it.  even 20 years from now it wont bring BJ dollars.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 20, 2005, 10:13:12 PM

cmon man...im sure youll be able to get at least $40. Unless the hookers start charging more..
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TK73

Quote from: Ponch on December 20, 2005, 11:33:30 PM

cmon man...im sure youll be able to get at least $40. Unless the hookers start charging more..

Right along what I was thinking...  a wife will cost you a WHOLE lot more for the same services.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

'CUDA360

Darkness

First off, I'll add my contribution to the board. I personally think you should keep it. First off,  you say its a nice car so its worth saving. Second off, its a turbo and convertible. The best of both worlds. Have a 13 sec sleeper and enjoy open top cruiser. Not too mention decent gas mileage too. Third off, these guys say its not worth anything now but, the market may come around. You just never know. If you don't keep it sell it to someone who would take care of it. That's me talking though.

nh_mopar_fan

I owned two of these. The only way this is a 13 second car is down an elavator shaft with a tail wind.

They're decent cars but will never be appreciating in value. They sold by the boatload and are pretty unrefined. Lots of body flex with the top down.

Fix what it needs and have some fun next summer. If you got it at a decent price, you can probbaly unload it at some point in the future for a small profit after you've had your fun.

TeeWJay426

If you need a driver, put some plates on it and drive the heck out of it. It probably won't be worth much more than what you paid, might as well use it up for what it was intended!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Darkness

No, what I meant is that he could probably make it a 13 second car. It's already turboed so you throw in a few mods and have some fun. Don't forget that tranny though. Personally, he probably only paid $40-$50 for it like he did his last car. I would just keep it and drive it until something goes wrong. It won't hurt and a junkyard ECM is 50 bones.

'CUDA360

andy74

ill double your money,i need a daily for the wife this summer,and 200 sounds good to me!

nh_mopar_fan

Can't beat that price with a stick.

What condition is the turbo though?

PocketThunder

I knew you were gonna say that.
:icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: TK73 on December 20, 2005, 11:38:18 PM

Right along what I was thinking...  a wife will cost you a WHOLE lot more for the same services.
:iagree:

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 21, 2005, 08:09:14 AM
I owned two of these. The only way this is a 13 second car is down an elavator shaft with a tail wind.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

'CUDA360

Quote from: andy74 on December 21, 2005, 12:12:36 PM
ill double your money,i need a daily for the wife this summer,and 200 sounds good to me!

That would be good for me too Andy but the delivery cost would kill ya

I hope to have time to check out the mechanicals next week, Christmas is here  :yesnod: and I'm busy

pics

'CUDA360

Hey,,,,  what do ya expect for $83 bucks :-\

Charger_Fan

Geez, that car was definitely NOT loved. :(

I wonder how well that paint will come around with a buffer job.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)