News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is the best intake manifold for your 440?

Started by IBsmokin, August 01, 2005, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBsmokin

what would be the best intake manifold to put on my 440?  how bout dual quads? single plane etc...??

RECHRGD

Depends on what your doing with the car.  For street use I use the E-Brock Performer RPM W/ Holley 750 DP and am very happy with that combo.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

IBsmokin

I want to use it for street but i want my 440 to have alot of balls.

golden73

I've heard lots of good things about the holley street dominator

Chryco Psycho

the Street Dom works at almost all RPM & is lower which really helps hood clearance on the Chargers 

MoparYoungGun

greenrt_se

I just buy E-head, performer rpm and demon 750cfm mechanical carb.cam is 0,050  223/228  and piston is trw 2355f,whit zero deck,head gasket is 0,039

IBsmokin

wow thanks for the info, LOve the pic, sweet looking engine!!!

blue69

I was told that if you have stock heads and a automatic with a mild stall converter in a heavy car like a charger that a performer rpm is that way to go. Since the street dominator needs a spacer if you want a squarebore holley I don't think a stock air cleaner will work with either one. I don't know about the street dominator but the performer rpm needs a new throttle cable and bracket so the street dominator might be cheaper to install. The performer rpm will clear a stock hood with a 2 inch drop base with room for a 3 inch filter. I have the performer rpm on my 440 with a .484 cam, headers, 2800 stall convertor and a 3.91 gear ratio and am happy with it.

firefighter3931

It depends on the combo. Mild build with tall gears (3.23/3.55) the performer rpm will be your best bet. A hotter build with more cam and stall speed, the street dominator will be better. There isn't a huge difference between the two until you cross over the 500hp mark where the street dominator definately outshines the performer rpm. If you run the street dominator use a 4-hole spacer to create a stronger signal at the carb and improve bottom end power (torque).

Generally speaking; the RPM will make better torque #'s (below 3000) and the street dommy will make more horsepower past 6000 rpm.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs