News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar only show

Started by 41husk, August 23, 2010, 04:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I went to an all Mopar show Saturday in Clinton IL.  Clinton is about 2.5 hours from me and I was unsure of what to expect.  It rained all night and was raining when I got up Saturday Morning.  I decided since they had a swap area I would load some stuff in the pick up to try to sell and check the event out. The swap area was real slow but I sold enough to pay my entry, t-shirt, gas and food.  The real story was the event itself.  I got there early it was at a home slash welding mopar parts shop.  I met the head of the show Jim Fabre (sp) I felt like I had known him for years, infact the entire event felt more like a family BBQ than a car show.  No I did not have a camera.  I would guess there to be about 55 cars.  Jim's wife said they had 70 last year, I guess the very hard rain the previous night and threat of rain that day kept many away.  I saw a few chargers, one very nice 71 Super Bee several nice first gens, 71 Challenger vert with a 426,  and many A bodies.  The hand made awards had gold, silver or bronze painted pullies for a base depending on the place, with a piston rod and polished piston mounted on the pully with a plate telling place and class mounted to the rod.  The most unique awards I have seen.  They would be a proud addition to any man cave, shelf or desk.  The atmosphere was not real competitive.  People seemed more layed back and just enjoying the cars and the company.  I do enjoy the big shows, but this is something I will attend again and I would suggest any one with in a 3 hour drive try to make at least once.  
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger 1

It's called the 'Mopar Reunion' and it's just a few miles east of Clinton in a little place called Birkbeck.  Jim Falbe has been doing this for about 16 years now.  It is held the weekend after the Nats (3rd week of Aug).  41Husk is right - it is more like a family BBQ atmosphere than a car show - very laid back.  Always an awesome experience and Jim and his wife Kathy will make you feel right at home.  IMHO you will not find a nicer all Mopar show.  Here are some pics we took Saturday......

tan top

nice pictures , some awesome looking cars there , thanks for posting  :yesnod: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Great looking cars & very original trophies!   Would love to get one of those instead of the recycled bowling trophies....kudos to the designer!  :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rattlehead_74

Hey CHARGER1  how have you been? I met you at the Khols parking lot show a couple months agoin East Peoria..and talk with you a little about your charger...did you get a trophy ? if not ya should have!! N-E-WAYZ i got some pics of your and your friends rides ,,also a couple of the light green one owner 4SPD R/T ,,did you look that thing over!!!!! she was a beauty!!! lol    

I will try to resize them pics if you and your buddy dont mind if i post them!,thanks ,Tom

histoy

Certainly a lot of nice looking Mopars at that show.  Thanks for posting the pics.

69_500

When I was in college we used to go out to Clinton some times. In the late 90's there was a younger guy who had a really nice 1993 IROC R/T Daytona out that way. I took my GLHS that I had at the time out there to cruise around with him.

Charger 1

Hey guys - you are welcome for the pics - I wish that I would have taken more.  It is true that attendance was down this year due to the chance of rain but we still had a nice time. 

Hey Rattlehead_74 - yes I do remember you.  You are welcome to do anything you want to with the pics.  How's your car coming?

rattlehead_74

Thanks ,Ive been tinkering here and there with it ,,when i got time,,i hope to put her on the road next summer! 

41husk

Maybe it was just that I am drawn to B and E bodies but there seemed to be more A bodies than I am used to seeing :shruggy:  I just know I felt more welcome than at other shows and there was no one I knew.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

rattlehead_74

41HUSK,i was thinking about going to that show ,,did you take your daytona?Would have loved to see that car in real life!    SAAWWWEEEEETTT!! :2thumbs:

Charger440RDN

No wonder I saw so many old Mopars on route 51 saturday when I was driving from Bloomington to Decatur!! I live 20 minutes from Clinton and I didn't know about this show  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

41husk

I did not take the Daytona.  It was raining at my house when I left and chance of rain all day.  I just took some spare parts to sell and check out the show.  I wish I had brought it.  I will have it and the hauler at Monster Mopar.  Are you going there?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

rattlehead_74

Quote from: 41husk on August 26, 2010, 08:26:16 AM
I did not take the Daytona.  It was raining at my house when I left and chance of rain all day.  I just took some spare parts to sell and check out the show.  I wish I had brought it.  I will have it and the hauler at Monster Mopar.  Are you going there?

Isnt that next month? Im going to try to make it ..its always a nice turn out up there,,,hope to see ya there!

Bob T

Great pics, looks like a top day out  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

41husk

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on August 26, 2010, 03:11:36 PM

Quote from: 41husk on August 26, 2010, 08:26:16 AM

Isnt that next month? Im going to try to make it ..its always a nice turn out up there,,,hope to see ya there!

September 10-12th in Madison IL at Gateway International race track.  I hope to see you there.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Brock Samson

Wow! Great Pics! that looks like a lot of fun,.. that '68 with the dark paint and the blower? is that the same one that has the bumblebee stripe with the '69 R/Ts, it's hard to make out if it's black or black cherry. great looking car 

:scratchchin: but dont let that Finnish dude see it..  :lol:

Charger 1

Brock - yes, it is the same car.  The color is black rose. 

Roger 68 charger

great pics
I wll have to remember this show for next year!
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango