News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

really doc like u have nothing else to do. :smilielol: i made one copy on vhs, guess if the wife could handle it, i could make another if ya have vhs.let me know.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Is this car going to be in Chicago this coming weekend? I saw Keisler as a sponsor of the Muscle Car show in the Chi-town suburbs  :popcrn:

ccr-host

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 15, 2010, 09:49:19 PM
Is this car going to be in Chicago this coming weekend? I saw Keisler as a sponsor of the Muscle Car show in the Chi-town suburbs  :popcrn:

Sorry, no. The Charger will be racing against the Corvette at Pinks All Out in Arizona, at Firebird Raceway on Saturday. This is the last filming day for Chop Cut Rebuild. The results will be interesting!

thedodgeboys

Quote from: ccr-host on November 16, 2010, 12:54:59 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 15, 2010, 09:49:19 PM

Sorry, no. The Charger will be racing against the Corvette at Pinks All Out in Arizona, at Firebird Raceway on Saturday. This is the last filming day for Chop Cut Rebuild. The results will be interesting!

Dan,
Will you post the results or make us wait for the show?

The hemi should win if it can hook up, the vett has everything else in it's favor :slap: :slap:

My guess is it will take 3 races to decide the winner, it just makes for better TV...  :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

KEISLER

Check out Chop Cut Rebuild's Facebook page and watch webisodes 1 - 5.

http://www.facebook.com/WASproductions?ref=ts

Funny stuff not shown on the TV show and gives you some insight as to what is going on each episode.

This weekend is the big race, but I'm planning to be at MCACN. rats...

nvrbdn

mising your own car rippin on the vette (hopefully)  how could you miss it?  :shruggy: thank goodness for video :yesnod: 
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 16, 2010, 01:21:47 PM
mising your own car rippin on the vette (hopefully)  how could you miss it?  :shruggy: thank goodness for video :yesnod: 

We'll try to tempt him to fly down for the day! Maybe a pass in his car would do the trick?

KEISLER

Quote from: ccr-host on November 16, 2010, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 16, 2010, 01:21:47 PM

We'll try to tempt him to fly down for the day! Maybe a pass in his car would do the trick?

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

nvrbdn

are they filming a complete pinks all out that day? so this could end up on that episode also, or is this a special added tid bit for the crowd and will only view with ccr?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 16, 2010, 02:16:30 PM
are they filming a complete pinks all out that day? so this could end up on that episode also, or is this a special added tid bit for the crowd and will only view with ccr?
We're running in the exhibition round between qualifying and selections. If we entered the two cars as PAO competitors, they likely wouldn't get a head to head pass. This way, we're guarenteed to have them run against each other. We were hoping to get them featured in "Pinks All Outakes", but they've cancelled that show.

We're all set to run. Fired it up last night and it sounded like a rocket. Exhaust is off. Suspention tightened. Console removed. Power steering disconnected. Our driver will be... Oh, I can't give away everything!  ;)

Hope to see some of you in Chandler, Arizona at Firebird Raceway!

DC_1

Dan, have ya grown a bit of a soft spot in your heart for this XP-Hemi!? You spent a lot of time answering our questions here and I don't image every car you have done has gotten this much of your attention!

ccr-host

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 18, 2010, 07:53:35 PM
Dan, have ya grown a bit of a soft spot in your heart for this XP-Hemi!? You spent a lot of time answering our questions here and I don't image every car you have done has gotten this much of your attention!

Yeah, I guess I have. But, the Charger or the Vette would look good in my driveway!

ccr-host

"Pinks All Out" Update:

The nail biting began today! While waiting to make its first 1/4 mile run at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, the Charger was denied the opportunity to make a practice pass by track officials in the staging lanes. Track staff spotted a fuel leak and made the driver return it to the pits. Since it's return from SEMA the mechanical fuel pump was replaced with an electric pump. A complete MSD ignition system has been installed and the exhaust has been removed so it will run on open TTI headers. Fuel is not leaking when the car is idling however, it is dripping when the car is in motion from the tank area. The crew will be working overnight to drop the tank and see if a seal on the tank is not set right or is cracked... With no practice passes, the Charger will be prepaired to run cold - heads up against the CSOC Corvette. The Vette enjoyed two runs today and a best time of 12.7 seconds on solo passes. After both passes, the Corvette driver complained of a slow and sticking clutch pedal, which forced him to skip 3rd gear on his first pass.. The Corvette's clutch is stock and was not changed as part of its rebuild, which means it may be slipping. This could make for a VERY interesting day on Saturday!

ccr-host

Wow... I've got to learn how to properly spell "Phoenix" ...and a couple of other words too! :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ccr-host on November 20, 2010, 03:17:17 AM
Wow... I've got to learn how to properly spell "Phoenix" ...and a couple of other words too! :brickwall:

Looks right to me.   :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

This AM's episode of CCR was a repeat of the first episode in the series......nothing new this week?  :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Good luck with the race.  And get those crazy thoughts about the Vette in your driveway out of your head.  Hasn't the passion for Chargers around this site taught you anything?  Charger ownership is a disease without cure.

ccr-host

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 20, 2010, 08:47:50 AM
This AM's episode of CCR was a repeat of the first episode in the series......nothing new this week?  :shruggy:

This week was a planned re-airng to get people who may have found the show into the season a chance to understand the cars origins. A new episode will start next Saturday.

ccr-host

DAY 2 AT Pinks All Out:

Should be an interesting day. The Charger crew will be working frantically to get the fuel issue solved. If not... no racing for them today!

Back N Black

Quote from: ccr-host on November 20, 2010, 02:56:00 AM
"Pinks All Out" Update:

The nail biting began today! While waiting to make its first 1/4 mile run at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, the Charger was denied the opportunity to make a practice pass by track officials in the staging lanes. Track staff spotted a fuel leak and made the driver return it to the pits. Since it's return from SEMA the mechanical fuel pump was replaced with an electric pump. A complete MSD ignition system has been installed and the exhaust has been removed so it will run on open TTI headers. Fuel is not leaking when the car is idling however, it is dripping when the car is in motion from the tank area. The crew will be working overnight to drop the tank and see if a seal on the tank is not set right or is cracked... With no practice passes, the Charger will be prepaired to run cold - heads up against the CSOC Corvette. The Vette enjoyed two runs today and a best time of 12.7 seconds on solo passes. After both passes, the Corvette driver complained of a slow and sticking clutch pedal, which forced him to skip 3rd gear on his first pass.. The Corvette's clutch is stock and was not changed as part of its rebuild, which means it may be slipping. This could make for a VERY interesting day on Saturday!

If your running a stock tank you don't have to drop the tank to replace the seal at the sending unit. (FYI) Car looks Awesome BTY.  :2thumbs:

lexxman

Quote from: ccr-host on November 20, 2010, 11:34:27 AM

This week was a planned re-airng to get people who may have found the show into the season a chance to understand the cars origins. A new episode will start next Saturday.

Ok I guess I didn't miss anything then. That 8:00 am is early for a Saturday. :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

This AM's episode of CCR was a repeat of the first episode in the series......nothing new this week?  :shruggy:

Thats good because it was the only episode I missed!!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ccr-host

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 20, 2010, 12:44:58 PM
This AM's episode of CCR was a repeat of the first episode in the series......nothing new this week?  :shruggy:

Thats good because it was the only episode I missed!!  :cheers:
You see? SPEED Channel is your friend.

UFO

What show is this showdown planned to air on,CCR or Pinks?