News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

CCR is doing all 7 episodes in a row today on speedchannel starting at noon here in the midwest. :2thumbs: whos plymouth you driving to legendary dan? and the 69 rt backdrop is beautiful :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger-Bodie

Whats with the seam sealer on the underside? these cars had all there seam sealer applied to the inside seams. Did the Charger get undercoated?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 11, 2010, 09:16:59 AM
CCR is doing all 7 episodes in a row today on speedchannel starting at noon here in the midwest. :2thumbs: whos plymouth you driving to legendary dan? and the 69 rt backdrop is beautiful :2thumbs:

Yes, it's true. Speed will be running a CCR Marathon today beginning at 1pm eastern / 10am pacific time. Every episode re-aired. Time for me to go Christmas shopping!

Enjoy!!

The Plymouth I drove at Legendary belongs to one of the staff, I believe. I actually had a perfect replica of our car available that day too. But, we thought if might create a little confusion and some people would think it was the XP all finished. Too bad I didn't get to drive it - it was beautiful.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: ccr-host on December 11, 2010, 11:39:35 AM
The Plymouth I drove at Legendary belongs to one of the staff, I believe. I actually had a perfect replica of our car available that day too. But, we thought if might create a little confusion and some people would think it was the XP all finished. Too bad I didn't get to drive it - it was beautiful.

Dan, always wondered who picked the cars you get to "drive into" each segment with?   Is there a contest or just people "in the know" get their cars shown on TV?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Quote from: ccr-host on December 11, 2010, 11:39:35 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on December 11, 2010, 09:16:59 AM

Yes, it's true. Speed will be running a CCR Marathon today beginning at 1pm eastern / 10am pacific time. Every episode re-aired. Time for me to go Christmas shopping!

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info Dan. I just changed back to Cox from ATT&T again a  ::) so I lost all my DVR'ed episodes as of yesterday. I have it on now to see what I missed  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...there have been several episodes on for the past hour ++ and it's still on now @ 6:30 EST on SPEED

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: HOTROD on December 11, 2010, 09:23:17 PM
Why can`t we get sneak pis`s huh huh what gives  :shruggy: !

Pics of the completed car?

Go back about 10 or so pages & theres all the pics you want
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

Richard Cranium

I don't have the desire to read 24 pages & I don't know whether it's been brought up before, but it's plain to see that 99% of this vehicle is not the original car. This brings up the point of when is a car considered to be a kit-car versus a restored car? From what I can see, this car is being "restored" around a very small percentage of the original ca and I don't care how the car is going to be presented, it isn't the same car as in the 1969 pictures.
I am Dr. Remulac

DC_1

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 12, 2010, 07:37:59 AM
I don't have the desire to read 24 pages & I don't know whether it's been brought up before, but it's plain to see that 99% of this vehicle is not the original car. This brings up the point of when is a car considered to be a kit-car versus a restored car? From what I can see, this car is being "restored" around a very small percentage of the original ca and I don't care how the car is going to be presented, it isn't the same car as in the 1969 pictures.

Believe me, that issue has been well covered. If you feel strongly about the subject, you should take the time to go back to about page 12 when they posted some pics of what they used from the original car. There were some good arguments from either side of the re-skinned vs. restored debate from that point forward.

doctor4766

True, and once you see what has been achieved from what little was actually left of the car it's your call as to whether the car should have been scrapped or given a new lease on life like the team at CCR, AMD and of course the owner have done.
Gotta love a '69

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Sydmoe on December 12, 2010, 08:12:43 AM

Believe me, that issue has been well covered. If you feel strongly about the subject, you should take the time to go back to about page 12 when they posted some pics of what they used from the original car. There were some good arguments from either side of the re-skinned vs. restored debate from that point forward.

Well, I guess if you want to spend enough money, you  can "restore" a car from a pair of door hinges.   :-\

On a related note; I read that 1500 man hours went into that car. It would be curious to find out how much the final tab was on the car & how much was donated. I'm sure the cost far exceeds the value, but no matter what, I'm sure that it's all a business deduction to Keisler.
I am Dr. Remulac

Ghoste

You're better off to just take the road I did and accept it as infomercial television with a Charger instead of any of the other crap on the air.  Yes, the car is a recreation with the original VIN and some other numbers but it's still an interesting Charger footnote and worth recreating.  I'm enjoying it and the work they are doing is fantastic.
It is still tv and meant as entertainment and/or a vehicle to sell products.  I keep in mind that the cast of the reality show "Survivor" are never in any actual peril.
I am following this and if they release it on dvd I will no doubt buy the set because of the car but next season I will likely tune into something else. :shruggy:  (hmm, the snow outside my window must be making me all cranky :D )

TUFCAT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 11, 2010, 11:49:22 AM

Dan, always wondered who picked the cars you get to "drive into" each segment with?   Is there a contest or just people "in the know" get their cars shown on TV?

I've always wondered that also. :shruggy:

ccr-host

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 12, 2010, 12:53:57 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 11, 2010, 11:49:22 AM

I've always wondered that also. :shruggy:

I am the wealthiest man in the world and I own every one of those cars! But, there is a rumour our there that the cars belong to customers and friends of the shops where we're shooting... But, that's just a rumour. I prefer the money story! :2thumbs:

ccr-host

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 12, 2010, 12:16:06 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on December 12, 2010, 08:12:43 AM

Well, I guess if you want to spend enough money, you  can "restore" a car from a pair of door hinges.   :-\

On a related note; I read that 1500 man hours went into that car. It would be curious to find out how much the final tab was on the car & how much was donated. I'm sure the cost far exceeds the value, but no matter what, I'm sure that it's all a business deduction to Keisler.

The purpose of the exercise was to see how far gone a car can be without being lost forever. We've been very up front about what has been saved and what has been replaced. The substructure of the car is still fairly intact from what went down the assembly line in 1968. But, the exterior metal is all new. We also acquired a great deal of NOS parts from Ted Stephens, which hasn't been seen on the series yet. Either way you look at it, as a kit/crate or a restoration, the priority is to display the quality and availability of parts and services available from the aftermarket. It's certainly about providing information to the audience but, I don't know if I would call it an infomercial. We label it as a documentary. The cost of doing what we're doing, is not the priority. People can always pick and choose what they want to purchase and how extreme they want to go. 

Ghoste

Hmm, I don't know if I would call it a documentary exactly either but I can definitely see your point.  Maybe it depends what side of the camera you are how you perceive it and the truth is closer to the middle.

FlatbackFanatic

I love your show Dan, no matter what kind of car your working on. Its very informative, and just fun to watch. I also like all the different cars that you get to drive. I'll be watching again next season too. Just my  :Twocents:  Keep up the great work. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Richard Cranium

Quote from: ccr-host on December 12, 2010, 09:24:14 PM

The cost of doing what we're doing, is not the priority.

Do you also do work for the Federal government?  :smilielol: :eek2:
I am Dr. Remulac

ccr-host

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 13, 2010, 06:53:34 AM
Quote from: ccr-host on December 12, 2010, 09:24:14 PM

The cost of doing what we're doing, is not the priority.

Do you also do work for the Federal government?  :smilielol: :eek2:

Sometimes I feel I should have a picture of the President hanging on my office wall with the caption "Good morning Partner! Have you got my check ready"?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dodgert68

Dan too bad i didn't know you were heading up to Legenday for the day i could have arrainged for you have The Make a Wish 69 Charger available for you to drive on the show. Legendary graciously donated all the interior components for our project. You may have seen the tribute plaque they have in the showroom when you were there.

DC_1

Quote from: dodgert68 on December 13, 2010, 12:47:18 PM
Dan too bad i didn't know you were heading up to Legenday for the day i could have arrainged for you have The Make a Wish 69 Charger available for you to drive on the show. Legendary graciously donated all the interior components for our project. You may have seen the tribute plaque they have in the showroom when you were there.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but are there any pics of this car? never mind, I found them.

ccr-host

Just thought I would let you all know my producer Edward, just wrote a guest column in this months Automotive Traveler magazine about the Vette build. Some interesting "behind the scenes" stuff... which is an interesting take because CCR is about going behind the scenes of these builds anyway. So, I guess it's a "behind the scenes of a show that takes you behind the scenes".  :brickwall:

If any of you are interested, here's a link to the story:  http://www.automotivetraveler.com/magazine/viewer.php?path=2010/12/Chop_Cut_Nu-build

Enjoy!
Dan