News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Not to take value away from your statement, but as a former videographer and editor, I can definitively say that it wouldn't take that awful much effort to produce a reasonable product for only a few day's effort.
When I was doing it for a living, I would regularly edit WEEKS of footage down to any variable of time content, based on requirement. A simple matter of storyboarding and story telling.
Make a rough draft, select the content, and build it to meet the time constraints.
Very easy to do an over-dub of the vocals afterwards.

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

lexxman

Sorry,I have to agree. The vette is a waste of time,there nice cars.But you know,I do like the idea of bringing the car to Moparfest this summer.It is the biggest mopar show in Canada(or so I'm told). ;D

ccr-host

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 23, 2011, 09:45:53 AM
Not to take value away from your statement, but as a former videographer and editor, I can definitively say that it wouldn't take that awful much effort to produce a reasonable product for only a few day's effort.
When I was doing it for a living, I would regularly edit WEEKS of footage down to any variable of time content, based on requirement. A simple matter of storyboarding and story telling.
Make a rough draft, select the content, and build it to meet the time constraints.
Very easy to do an over-dub of the vocals afterwards.

We have done split outs in the past. However, this season really was about building two cars for the same objective; SEMA and a head-to-head race. In the final two episodes, you'll see how the story of the two start to intermingle. The final episode would be a challenge to split because the teams are constantly refering to each other and there is a great deal of side by side footage. The other consideration would be the return on investment. As a series, its much easier to package what went on air and add some extras like a photo gallery and out-takes, along with a commentary. While this community would eat up a stand alone DVD of the Charger, I don't think the Corvette community would respond in kind, so we would have to release the package with both cars anyway.

Just remember, there's a fast forward on most DVD players!  :thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ccr-host on January 25, 2011, 12:42:39 PM

The other consideration would be the return on investment. As a series, its much easier to package what went on air and add some extras like a photo gallery and out-takes, along with a commentary.

Dan, I like that idea :2thumbs:  ....if you include some unreleased build footage - us Mopars guys will really eat it up. :icon_smile_wink:

ccr-host

This weeks promo for the Saturday premier of episode 12 is out on the web, if anyone wants to check it out!

http://www.streetfire.net/video/chop-cut-rebuild-dash-to-sema_2193201.htm

:popcrn:

Dans 68

On a top note, the magazine Amos' "Auto Enthusiast" has an on-line article on the XP Hemi with regards to the install of it's Legendary Vinyl top. http://editions.amospublishing.com/KRPR/Default.aspx?d=20110301&pagenum=104&f=  While more of a re-cap of the XP Charger's build on Chop, Cut, Rebuild, it does have some interesting photos.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

lexxman

Ok,Dan I'm not a big fan of the vette,but dam that looks good. :2thumbs:
Watching the that show has been keeping me moving my butt on my charger. I hope to have in the paint booth beginning of May.(I hope) :drool5:

ccr-host

Quote from: lexxman on January 27, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
Ok,Dan I'm not a big fan of the vette,but dam that looks good. :2thumbs:
Watching the that show has been keeping me moving my butt on my charger. I hope to have in the paint booth beginning of May.(I hope) :drool5:

I'm glad it's serving as an inspiration rather than a warning!  ;)

nvrbdn

hey dan, did we line up a car for that new show?? if so what body did we end up with????
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 27, 2011, 11:23:20 PM
hey dan, did we line up a car for that new show?? if so what body did we end up with????

We've lined up the sponsor and the builder. But, the car is still in debate.

Classic Industries will be sponsoring and building a Mopar next season to coincide with the launch of their new Mopar catalogues. The project will be built and assembled by a volunteer group from the staff. These are the people who take your phone orders, drive forklifts, pick orders in the wharehouse, etc... A true hobbiest build. But, we can't decide on which car it will be. They want to build something that they have the most parts for; a 1972 Road Runner. We would like to see a 72 or 73 Duster. We have never built an A body on the show and I think it will have more appeal than another B body.

:scratchchin:

Ghoste

I have to admit, I'm partial to the Road Runner myself.  Then again I am an unashamed, unabashed, unapologetic, and completely unbiased ( :angel:) B-body fan.

nvrbdn

well dan to be honest with you, you did the 2nd gen dodge charger :2thumbs: so its really all down hill from there :nana: but i like staying with the mopar whichever you choose.  :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 28, 2011, 11:42:45 AM
well dan to be honest with you, you did the 2nd gen dodge charger :2thumbs: so its really all down hill from there :nana: but i like staying with the mopar whichever you choose.  :rofl:

What would you bet that I'll get a different response on the "A Body Only" boards?  :smilielol:

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2011, 11:28:15 AM
I have to admit, I'm partial to the Road Runner myself.  Then again I am an unashamed, unabashed, unapologetic, and completely unbiased ( :angel:) B-body fan.

Ghoste, somehow I think you hold those same opinions on a number of issues.  ;)

DC_1

I had a '71 Plum Crazy Road Runner back in the late 80s. Just out of high school I spent every dime I could on getting a freshly rebuilt high compression big cam'd 440. Needless to say my weekends beating on the car resulted in it spending more time on axle stands in my driveway than on the road. Early lesson learned, if your going to build a monster motor save some money for the drive train! Of course this lesson wasn't learned till after blowing up 2 junk yard stock trannies, a universal joint and a smoked rear diff!........ya the summer of '87 was a fun one!

Back on topic.....my vote is for the Runner Dan!

moparstuart

Go with the road runner , better choice .  You will get a larger following .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on January 28, 2011, 01:58:23 PM
Go with the road runner , better choice .  You will get a larger following .

I agree....and I'm a Duster Fan.

Ghoste

Quote from: ccr-host on January 28, 2011, 12:31:11 PM

I'm actually a lot more open minded than you understandably think, you just happened to hit on a couple of personal hot buttons.  I'm sure sooner or later our paths will cross and we'll sit down for a beer.  You'd likely find we have much more in common after that.

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2011, 04:29:20 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on January 28, 2011, 12:31:11 PM

I'm actually a lot more open minded than you understandably think, you just happened to hit on a couple of personal hot buttons.  I'm sure sooner or later our paths will cross and we'll sit down for a beer.  You'd likely find we have much more in common after that.

I'm sure you and I would get along just fine! Who's buying the beer???

Ghoste

Tough call.  We're both Canadian so I imagine we would both volunteer. :lol:  Maybe we could charm someone else into buying it for us.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ccr-host on January 28, 2011, 08:26:42 PM

I'm sure you and I would get along just fine! Who's buying the beer???

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2011, 08:35:27 PM

Tough call. We're both Canadian so I imagine we would both volunteer. :lol: Maybe we could charm someone else into buying it for us.

Buying beer? ...its not hard for me to volunteer, I already know Shawn and I'd love to meet Dan. :cheers:

Hell, I'll go on record to be the FIRST volunteer to take you cat's out :2thumbs:  ....and the drive to Canada from Detroit is not that bad at all.

I might even get my credit limit increased to show Dan a good time in Windsor. :drool5:

The more the merrier. :ricky:

thedodgeboys

Dan do the roadrunner it's a way cooler car than the duster,  :icon_smile_big:

hemi24

Hay Dan my neighbor got a 1971 GTX that's been in his barn for 15 years that in good shape if you want to build a GTX ?

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Troy

I'd probably watch just enough of the first episode to realize it's a Duster and that would be all. I'm sure they're fine, cool cars but the styling does nothing for me. The RR is better, but still not something I'd feel like I had to watch.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.