News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10-71 blower

Started by emanscharger, December 21, 2005, 10:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanscharger

can anyone tell me if there would be a problem with firewall clearence with a 1071 blower on top of a 426 hemi..in a 70 charger? can anyone tell me if a mopar iron standard 426 block could handle an 1100 horse blower application?  thanks!

Blown70

You should not have a clearance issue up to a 12-71.  YOU will NEED a 3 speed wiper motor  I believer the 2 spd would hit.

NO the block will not handle that.  You will need a MEGA block or KB aluminum.....at least that is what I understand.... I will be doing a similar build and will be using a KB aluminum....

Tom

Blown70

BTW tell us more about this build...... Plans to race, street?

What supercharger you going to run,  BDS, Blower Shop, Dyers, Littlefield, Kobleco, magnum.

Tom

emanscharger

Tom,

thanks for your help..i want to run a bds 10-71. it will be mostly a street car..but i do want to see what its capable at the track. I was on ray bartons web site he has a crate motor blown 472 inch..10-71 bds blown hemi..it makes 1050 horse..he uses the iron block for that build..thats why i wanted to get some imput. I'm just tring to make decisions on internal parts..bds for sure on intake manifold up..I'm talking with oliver rods for the rotating assemb. I want to build the motor with 9 to 1 comp. it should run on 94 octane..but can still crank up the boost with racing gas and make big numbers. I just bought my 70 off ebay..I have a 10 point cage going in..ladder bars with coil overs..we went with the 200 pound springs..what do you think? I've read on this site some guys think thats to stiff? I have a dana 60 ready to go as well. the car is going to be pretty much like the fast and the furious charger..with more motor and a little more tire..tell me about your project?  Erich

Blown70

We have the same car.   LOL

BARTONS blocks can handle it they are aftermarket.   So Yes.   I thought you were going to use and old block.   Bartons is not bad but PRICE check with Moparengineswest.com   RICH is great to speak to... He will have to call you back.

Also Tim Banning at FOR HEMIS ONLY... he has been doing this for a long time.

BELOW IS MY CAR AS OF A FEW MONTHS AGO.... Not a lot has changed out side... I have to mock up mine as the motor is 4 inches back from stock postition...

Blown70

Erich,

Well at 200lbs you may have a problem with weight transfer.  Meaning you will not hook to the track as well. This of course can depend on other issues.  My car has 140lb rated springs.  I was told 140 to 160.  As you can see in the pics I have a 4 link in mine.

If cost is any issue Barton will get you what you want however, some of the others have listed FHO and MEW may save you 2-4,000.  So check around.

Also which crank you going with eagle, callies..

Let me know if I can help in anyother way.

Tom

emanscharger

Tom

your car looks awesome. Much further along than mine..I'm still in the collecting parts for it..right now it's a driver. thank you for all the info and connections. I'm going to try to put a pic of my car up!  erich

Blown70

Quote from: emanscharger on December 22, 2005, 11:14:12 PM
Tom

your car looks awesome. Much further along than mine..I'm still in the collecting parts for it..right now it's a driver. thank you for all the info and connections. I'm going to try to put a pic of my car up!   erich

Well at least you can DRIVE YOURS.... mine has been sitting due to some set backs, however not things are going much better. :yesnod:

Tom

Rolling_Thunder

the new Mopar iron blocks can handle high Hp...   my boss is having a 517" built with a 10-71 blower....    estimating 1050-1100HP with only around 900lbft...         My boss recently sold an Aluminum KB hemi block at the Fall Fling  ($800)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Blown70

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 23, 2005, 06:54:52 PM
the new Mopar iron blocks can handle high Hp...     my boss is having a 517" built with a 10-71 blower....      estimating 1050-1100HP with only around 900lbft...              My boss recently sold an Aluminum KB hemi block at the Fall Fling   ($800)

WHY would your boss go with an IRON block and not a KB aluminum.... AND WHOLLY CRAP I would have bought that one in a heart beat...

I know the KB can handle 2000 horse?   And is only what 145lbs?   Why IRON?  The IRON that can handle that one is what 275 lbs?  That is what I was told.

Tom

Rolling_Thunder

i wouldnt doubt they weigh that much - my poor ass got to move it around the shop just about everyday....           He didnt want to run an aluminum block because he hears horror stories of street driving them....     he abuses his truck ALOT and didnt want any problems with leaks/spills i guess.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip