News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does/did anyone know this car from Ontario Canada ?

Started by StoneCold, September 14, 2010, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneCold

Long shot, but just curious....

I purchased this '68 R/T project around 1988 and sold it around 1990 when I felt I needed a break from the automotive hobby. At any rate, I purchased it just outside of Brantford Ontario, it was in London for the couple of years I had it and someone bought it from me that lived up around Mitchell or east of there towards Kitchener. The original color was burgundy with a black interior and roof as pictured. It was an original 4 speed car with console and hurst shifter. I remember the car being coded for the dodge hub caps and I believe a white stripe which seemed kind of odd at the time. I had the broadcast sheet and fender tag. It's one of those deals that I should have hung on to and just found a different place to store it. It was very restoreable. I've always been curious as to what happened to it and hoped that the guy that got if from me did it justice and did a restoration. If not, it was an awesome parts car with dana 60, original hemi 4 speed, disk brakes and some damn good rust free and NOS parts I had for it. 

Thanks for looking,
Dave

MoparManJim

Hi Dave, first off welcome to the best charger place on the net!  :cheers: :2thumbs: :yesnod: 

I hope we can all find out where this car ended up at also as now I would also like to know. 

bmoparmofo

If you still know the vin # , post it up on here and maybe with luck its in the registry.  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

StoneCold

Thank you. Great site! 

Unfortunately I don't have the vin information on hand any more...something else I've been kicking myself about over the years. I have renew my license shortly so maybe they can tell me what the vin was since I did in fact own the car at one time...as long as they keep previous vehicle information around.  If the car still exists, maybe they could at least tell me if it is currently plated. That would be cool.

Ghoste

They can tell you, you may need to befriend someone in the licence bureau but they can tell you.

Bobs69

It should be easy.  If you find your VIN tell the driver's liscencing bureau in Canada you want the information package on the car.  Costs $20.  Tells you all the previous owners and if there is a lean on it.  Anyone selling a used car in Ontario has to provide you with this.  When selling private.

Shakey

Good luck in the hunt!

There is another member here, also named Dave, from the Brantford, ON area that has been into this hobby for quite some time.  He is very knowledgeable about Charger's and has a lot of contacts.  He may know the car and where it ended it up.  Not wanting to get you too excited as it is a bit of a long shot however, if he see's this thread he will most likely chime in and share with you what he knows, if anything.

StoneCold

Rallyecharger

At least it is still alive, are you going to try and buy it ??

StoneCold

For me to own this car now is out of the picture. Purchased a new Challenger R/T last year and house shopping right now. Price on the car is $10k with all the work that's been done to it at this point. I sold it for around $2500 back in '91, but the body is done now. All the parts are still there, so thats a bonus for the new buyer. I just want to see this thing done :)

Rallyecharger

StoneCold

RIDELIKEHELL

I've checked that car out on KIJIJI.....not far from me or GHOSTE
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

StoneCold

If anyone does go to see it, look closely in the rad support area. If I recall correctly, there were no numbers stamped on the rad support and the inner fenders right at the front had slight buckling, so she would have had a "small" collision at some point way before I got it. From the weld job on the support you could tell something had been done. I'll post up some more pics I have of the car when I had it.

StoneCold

Did get the car running for a few laps around a nearby parking lot.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

StoneCold

Yeah I should have taken a shot with the seats still in with the rest of the polar bear skin rug :)
Car had character! At some point someone welded the floor of a pickup truck box into the trunk.
Pretty resourceful to keep the groceries dry I suppose when rot set in .. :-\
Glad to see the current owner took care of that mess quite well by the looks of it.
An NOS tail light panel went with the car when I sold it.  I asssume it was used. It needed it.

Rallyecharger

Wow, in that one pic I see 2 other Chargers keeping the 68 company.........what's the story on them ??

StoneCold

Quote from: Rallyecharger on March 05, 2011, 10:06:23 AM
Wow, in that one pic I see 2 other Chargers keeping the 68 company.........what's the story on them ??

I can't remember the exact color of the one that had primered quarters, but I think may have been Y4 Gold. It was a '69 383-2bbl car with tan interior/console. My brother got it in the early 80s, did some metal repair, put in a bigger cam, high rise intake, holley. From the early 80s until the late 90s when he sold it, it looked the same as in the pics. The black '69 R/T was originally a B3 blue car , white roof, white interior and stripe. 4 speed, console car. It came up from Texas around '86-87. Looked the same until it was sold around the same time as the other '69. I don't know where they went or what their current status is. Out of curiosity, I'd like to know where the R/T is as well. Vin XS29L9G302857. Would be really nice to see the finished result. I suppose I could run a title search on it to see what comes up.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: StoneCold on March 05, 2011, 01:52:37 PM
The black '69 R/T was originally a B3 blue car , white roof, white interior and stripe. 4 speed, console car.

DAM...   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I would love to know where that car went.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jessejames

Stone Cold... Is that black 69 charger for sale??

jessejames

Never mind... I got so excited about the pictures and didnt read the posts. Great pics and great story.

StoneCold

No sorry. Everything in the pics was gone many years ago  :'(

jessejames

Yeah, my fault... Got so excited about the pics. Hope you find that car!