News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talkiemopar

Also got the latch tray brace that is spot welded to the radiator core support. The hood is a real Daytona hood. :drool5: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :smilielol:

Ghoste

It actually looks fairly intact in the photo, was it salvageable?

talkiemopar

Hood has rust on the bottom side, but I think it can be saved.  Rick.

djcarguy

Any other spottings or stops for more parts an pieces???   ???   ???   he planned too bee back in oregon on the 4th???     well we are all waiting an watching for more info,thanks..   oook sleep afew hrs and then more pixs an info,please,hahaha..    latter DJ out west :cheers: :popcrn:  :drool5::popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :lol:

Nwcharger

I got home lastnight just in time for some fireworks. Had a front wheel bearing blow out in the truck just outside Pendleton yesterday. Had AAA to us to shucks (oreillys) and they had a hub/bearing in stock and loaned me the tools to replace it in there parking lot. That was the longest drive ive ever taken in one trip but its finally over. Felt so good to sleep in my bed instead of a truck seat. What doesn't fell good is now I have to go to work. :brickwall:
1969 coronet wagon

moparstuart

Quote from: Nwcharger on July 05, 2013, 10:29:51 AM
I got home lastnight just in time for some fireworks. Had a front wheel bearing blow out in the truck just outside Pendleton yesterday. Had AAA to us to shucks (oreillys) and they had a hub/bearing in stock and loaned me the tools to replace it in there parking lot. That was the longest drive ive ever taken in one trip but its finally over. Felt so good to sleep in my bed instead of a truck seat. What doesn't fell good is now I have to go to work. :brickwall:
dont you hate it when life and work get in the way of playing cars     :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

No kidding!  Remember when you were a kid and you thought how cool it would be when you were a grown up and you'd get to roll around in a bunch of life sized Hot Wheels?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on July 05, 2013, 11:15:45 AM
No kidding!  Remember when you were a kid and you thought how cool it would be when you were a grown up and you'd get to roll around in a bunch of life sized Hot Wheels?
oh wait  thats what we do   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  play cars all day long

djcarguy

:shruggy: :icon_smile_question:  So many miles an so many states in a short time..   Sure hope ya took an plan too post more pixs??? 

like what else was stu hiding at his yard???

what else was at  talk ya ears off  ;s place???

did ya see any neat cars on ya travels???

well just searching for THE NEXT MOPAR FIX,, i canfess i am a addict,,mopar an rust junkie.ha ha ha :smilielol:

Latttter DJ  :D :D :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

C_stripes

DJ, You should come up, there is plenty of rust to see over here at Johns. :)

In all seriousness, John has a lot of really cool stuff around his place. Then depending on the day, we could take a cruise up to wildcat. If you come up before the 30th, I will still be available to go just about any day as the doc still hasn't released me for work.

Hope your doing well my friend.
Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69charger2002

That is a hot mess right there.  :'(
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

Just por15 the whole setup she will look like new.....

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 12, 2013, 09:50:04 AM

Yeah, then just get the industrialized version of a 3D printer, scan the rest of the parts, and *BAM* - the ultimate do it yourself project.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

cdr

Quote from: WINGIN IT on July 12, 2013, 10:55:37 AM

Yeah, then just get the industrialized version of a 3D printer, scan the rest of the parts, and *BAM* - the ultimate do it yourself project.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

a guy i know has one at his work,been thinkin about printing some daytona wings.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: cdr on July 12, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

a guy i know has one at his work,been thinkin about printing some daytona wings.

I don't understand how a printer (paper) can make anything but ink on paper ?

Indygenerallee

ACUDANUT, 3D PRINTER!!! go Google it.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Yeah, you didn't think those crazy Asians would do origami by hand forever did you?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cdr on July 12, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Say whaaaat  :icon_smile_big:

ACUDANUT

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on July 12, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

I think you better talk to The HAND , Spicoli ... :smilielol:

djcarguy

Was real good ta meet ya john an jeremy at woodburn sunday. sure were lots of great mopars,hemis and race cars.
    last yr 2-3 birds an danes yellow tona,but this yr just 1 lonely wing car. just 1 funny green thing with big wing an nose  and that funny engine under the hood with the wires going into the top of the valve covers,oh plug wires.lol....

i love that 69 dart with the 6.1 hemi but lots of hemi for a lite dart.so many hemis cant remember them all so i took some pix old school camera ,real pixs..

lots of chargers showing and few racing 2nd gen an few 1st gen. i stayed till the end at 5  ish ..old 74 dodge beat truck beat the 07 diesel for win in trucks . and the copper 67 belvedere took the final in cars as new challenger red lighted in finalls .  so at least this yr it was not just new crap winning,like last yr.

great talking an see ya again ,get lots done an post away.  lattter DJ :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Benji

Just leave it in a pile for about 1,000,000 years and evolution will put it all back together better than it ever was in the beginning.  ::)

Benji

cudaken

NW Charger, when I came across the posting I was full of high hopes for you! I all wise root for the underdog and love to prove people wrong!

Reason my 69 Charger was saved after it broke in half from rust was because the person I wanted to sale it to only offered me $500.00 and told me "Ken, you know and I Know you will never fix it and when you are tired of it laying in your driveway call me and I will drag it off"! Car was in paint, new quarters, new interior, new exhaust tip, new front end, good BB engine well just about everything good but the rear frame. :brickwall:

Well he pissed me off, don't tell me I cannot do something! So I backed half the car, got her drivable and went over to Dave house and melted the tires in his driveway!  :2thumbs:

But, with what I have seen of the Daytona remains, well I am sorry to say there is no car, just remains. I have ran body shops for 20 years.

Now a couple of ideas, I love Wing Cars and hate to see the remain trashed!

1. Graft any usable parts into the Joe Dirt car like the fire wall and trunk vin numbers (make sure the correct Vin stays in places) and make it a tribute car! Make the current Joe Dirt car match the original Daytona is ever way. 

2. Again make a Tribute Daytona but pull the remains behind the clone. Way I look at it there is no such thing as a real Daytona ( Boy I am going to get some hate comments from that ) when the body rolled down the line it was per chances which one became a Hemi, RT, Daytona or a 318 car.

Finally, lets faces it Maw Mopar did not make Daytona's, it was Creative Industry.

I will shut up now and wait for the faces slapping to began! 

Cuda Ken

PS, the Daytona Clone that Stuart has in his banner, that is mine and a real Daytona wing.
I am back