News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Charger / Challenger Driving Lights - Multi-function

Started by bigblue73, September 28, 2010, 07:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblue73

Here's something that I've been working on for a few months and it's finally come together.  LED driving lights for the 70-74 Challenger and 70 Charger.  Please note that these LED arrays can and will cross into other models and makes.  This is all plug and play, no modifications of any kind to the stock items.  More to come.  Thanks -  Tony

Sorry the Photos are of my Challenger but I had to share with all the Charger owners.

With Driving Lights -

Turn Signal -

Back to Driving Light –

Video showing full operation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nactAwM4Wtw

Tony Edler
Mopar Sales and Support
Hurst Driveline Conversions
Cell (573) 823-1813

Back N Black

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

Purple68

bigblue73

Yes.  Do the '68's shared the same parking lenses as the '70's.  I don't think they do so I'll have to verify it.

Roger 68 charger

Can you just have the parking lights on with out the running lights?
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Troy

Quote from: bigblue73 on September 30, 2010, 01:25:32 PM
Yes.  Do the '68's shared the same parking lenses as the '70's.  I don't think they do so I'll have to verify it.
They are different - but very similar.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bigblue73

Quote from: Roger 68 charger on September 30, 2010, 01:42:48 PM
Can you just have the parking lights on with out the running lights?

The LED arrays are built to show a "white" driving light in the parking light position of the headlight switch.  If you wanted to switch between colors you would need another position on the switch or another lighting circuit.

bigblue73

Update -
I purchased a lens from a member here and found a very interesting detail with the lens.  The factory places a diffuser over the bulb with what my guess is spread or scatter the light and make it so the amber bulb is not seen.  My issue, would you modify your lenses to install these or my alternative is to make an offset bracket to recess them into the housing a little more.  I need a car preferably located near Columbia, Missouri.  Any takers.  I'll have the offset brackets laser cut tonight.

bigblue73

Troy

What exactly do you need? I'm in Cincinnati. All my Chargers are from 68 but I have two 70 Challengers.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ChargerST

Any news on the lights? Would definately be interested if the price is right.

bigblue73

Good afternoon Guys -

After many attempts to get this going, it has happened.  I have production units in stock.
Pricing is as follows:
   72-74 Cuda's is $139.00 and includes the LED arrays, stainless steel mounting tabs and one electronic flasher module.

70 Charger and 70-74 Challenger is $239.00 and includes the LED arrays, clear lenses (right and left), gaskets and stainless steel mounting tabs.

68-69 Chargers is $129.00 and includes the LED arrays and stainless steel mounting tabs.

Universal Kit is $129.00 includes the LED Arrays and extended length stainless steel mounting tabs that you can drill and fit to your application.

1970 Plymouth Road Runner is $129.00 and includes the LED arrays and stainless steel mounting tabs.

1971 Cuda - Coming Soon!

All include detailed installation instructions.

I will be using PayPal for all transactions at this time and shipping by UPS with tracking numbers for the shipments.  Shipping is $6.00 flat rate to the lower 48 states.  Canada and overseas orders will be sent via using your choice of carrier.  Actual shipping charges will be charged.

Please feel free to call me with questions (573) 823-1813 or e-mail at illumin8s@hotmail.com

Thanks again for your patience and here is the shot of the Charger / Challenger Kit!

Tony

bigblue73

I've been asked to post a photo of how bright these lights are.  As you can see they can light up an area!
Sorry for the mess in garage!

bigblue73

I've just started a few new applications.  71-72 Road Runner / GTX and 70 Cuda.

Check out the website at www.globaloverdrive.com

Tony

bigblue73

I certainly do!  Please inquire at Illumin8s@hotmail.com or look them up on the web at www.globaloverdrive.com

Thanks -

Tony Edler
Illumin8s

bigblue73

Thanks for all the support of Illumin8s.  Please keep the applications coming.

bigblue73

Here is an awesome shot that was sent to me.  Killer!