News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trucks! 440 ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 01, 2005, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Did anyone see that episode of trucks with an Indy 440?    did he ever say how much it cost to build it?  850 hp and 835 torq
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

hemigeno

I think he said it would cost a bundle to build one like that.   He said call Indy up and tell them how much money you had to spend, and they would build a motor to suit your budget.   Or was it that they would spend your money until its gone?   :o     Same difference, really...

"Trucks!" probably paid nary a nickel for that motor in exchange for the airtime plugs.

Recharger

I did see that.  That's an awesome truck, and I'm not even much of a truck guy. :drool5:  (It's an old 40's Power Wagon Army truck for anyone who didn't see it.)  No, he never did mention any numbers, cuz I was listening for it.  He just said something along the lines that you get what you pay for and you get a whole lot...

A few weeks ago he said something interesting.  All those company sponsored vehicles that they build on the Hot Rod/Trucks type shows are usually destroyed after they're built as a result of licensing and insurance issues with the sponosor companies.  Complete waste of a perfect car.   :cryin:  As a result he said he no longer works on a project that doesn't have a private owner.  At first I thought that meant no more freebies, but I'm sure they're all still traded free for air time.  If only I had a t.v. show....

Silver R/T

turbo diesel is enough for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722