News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One bulb or two?

Started by lilwendal, December 26, 2005, 12:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

I constantly see on Ebay trunk light switch and harness for 69 chargers with one bulb socket.  I have two 69 chargers one tail harness has one socket, the other has two sockets for the trunk light.  The two socket harness appears to be factory but I'm unsure if its original for the 69.  The length of wire from one socket to the next is perfect for mounting both lights in the two cut outs but i've never seen a two socket set up.  There are two cut outs available so it makes me think two trunk lights should be installed.  Any help?  Thanks

8WHEELER

One trunk light bulb setup would be the way it came from the factory. But having another
light bulb one near each side of the trunk could not hurt   ;D   I have thought of it from time to
time over the years but never have done it.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

lilwendal

The thing is the harness with two sockets came from a low milage totaled heavily optioned RT SE  and the sockets line up perfect with the cut outs in the trunk.  The harness is definatly unaltered factory but i'm unsure if it is for the charger. Just wondering if anyone has two trunk lights factory.

8WHEELER

Ok, well I can say I have never heard of or seen a two trunk light system in any B-Body.
Nor any other old mopar, but maybe a Chrysler had that option that I have not seen

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Only have 1 here.......I agree with Dan, I have only seen one in B bodies
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I can't even think of a modern car with two trunk lights although I'm sure there are some.  I agree on the old Mopars though, I can't recall ever seeing duals on any old Chrysler especially B-bodies.

But, I ain't seen 'em all yet.  ;)