News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why am I (d72hemi) baned from the site as a "spammer"

Started by d72hemi2, October 16, 2010, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d72hemi2

Today I try to log on (d72hemi) and I get a error message stating that I am no longer able to log in because I am a "spammer"; how can I get this fixed? I even made this account so I could post/e-mail/message someone to find a fix action. I took a look at my most resent post to see if my account had been hacked and used to spam the site, but the last post in my account was months ago and it was a tech question.

Please let me back in, it is cold and lonely out here in the dark.  :cheers:

Ian

d72hemi2

I forgot to mention, I resently moved to Spain (USAF), but I have logged on many times since being here, however I am currently using a different (non Spanish) network to access the site. I am affraid that I log in to my account (d72hemi) on this network/machine I will be blocked here as well.

It is still cold and lonely (it has only been a minute or two). I sure hope you computer guys can help me get my Charger "fix" when using my home PC.

Troy

It should be fixed. Clear out the cookies in your browser just in case.

Were you using any sort of proxy to connect? You ended up getting banned because an automated forum spammer (software - probably running on a trojan infected PC) registered for the site in the same IP address block as you. When the ban was activated for that you were caught in the crossfire. The IP address you logged in from is in a big block that is continuously bombarding the site. Once a pattern is established the whole block usually gets blocked.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

d72hemi

Troy,

you are awesome!!!!!  :cheers:  :drive:

I was not using a proxy at the time I was blocked; however I did use one to to gain access to the site as a guest to see if the site was down. It was not until I got to work did I make the "d72hemi2" profile to get into contact with you.

This site is my only source for my Charger "fix", for at least the next two years, so I was getting a little scared there for a minute. Once again, thanks for everything.

Ian