News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to use for hood release on daytona clone

Started by pandamarie, October 22, 2010, 11:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Just got to thinking about this and would like to know if you guys are just using the hood pins to keep the hood down or a under dash hood release??
I am in the process of stripping the paint off my 69 before I get started on the welding of the holes I dont want. That and fixing some little things the way I want them, like electric trunk release since I shaved the key hole years ago.

moparstuart

Quote from: pandamarie on October 22, 2010, 11:17:55 AM
Just got to thinking about this and would like to know if you guys are just using the hood pins to keep the hood down or a under dash hood release??
I am in the process of stripping the paint off my 69 before I get started on the welding of the holes I dont want. That and fixing some little things the way I want them, like electric trunk release since I shaved the key hole years ago.
all you need is the safety latch and the hood pins , that how they came from the factory 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pandamarie

How do you get to the safety latch when the hoods closed. I dont have my car front end put together but it seems like once closed you wouldnt be able to get to the pull lever to release the safety catch. Maybe im not looking at it the right way. Or Im having an idiot moment.

moparstuart

Quote from: pandamarie on October 22, 2010, 11:30:31 AM
How do you get to the safety latch when the hoods closed. I dont have my car front end put together but it seems like once closed you wouldnt be able to get to the pull lever to release the safety catch. Maybe im not looking at it the right way. Or Im having an idiot moment.
there it room to slip your finger tips in , especially on the charger with the rubber edgeing
   or in the bottom photo you can see where JR put a big spring on the hood pin to assist the hood to pop up .

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on October 22, 2010, 11:38:03 AM
Quote from: pandamarie on October 22, 2010, 11:30:31 AM
there is room to slip your finger tips in , especially on the charger with the rubber edgeing
  or in the bottom photo you can see where JR put a big spring on the hood pin to assist the hood to pop up .
its not really a pull lever just a push up toward the hood  on the safely catch

nvrbdn

you would remove the u shaped hold down (not tech name) from underside of hood :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

pandamarie

Thanks guys. I didnt think there would be enough room to get my fat fingers between the rubber and the hood. it makes sense now, getting old and loosing brain cells quick. Glad I have you guys here to remind me of all that I have forgot.

nvrbdn

Quote from: pandamarie on October 22, 2010, 12:29:28 PM
Thanks guys. I didnt think there would be enough room to get my fat fingers between the rubber and the hood. it makes sense now, getting old and loosing brain cells quick. Glad I have you guys here to remind me of all that I have forgot.
:2thumbs: :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

richRTSE

Quote from: pandamarie on October 22, 2010, 12:29:28 PM

Actually, when you release the hood pins, the hood should pop up a little and then you release the safety catch. You don't really need to squeeze your fingers between the rubber and the hood.
:2thumbs:

xx29440charger

I have a 70 and I am making a 69 Daytona clone...Can I use my old latchtray...I noticed Daytonas have different latch trays but I saw a picture of an orange Daytona for sale and he had the latch tray I currently have in my car now.....Replies greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks! :2thumbs: